Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Zelda Objects - Ruby/Sapp Update Mar25

by Saikatsu Posted 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:48 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2005 at 5:28 AM by Saikatsu

124 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:55 PM Last edited by Rib640 : 5th Feb 2005 at 7:38 PM.
Kewl...
Love it.
Rated a 5...

Thanks...
Rib640
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:55 PM
Interesting looking.... what is it?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:57 PM
It's an Item you must get on the N64 game: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It's Sapphire Stone from a Fish race called the Zora...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:57 PM
looks great
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:59 PM
OMG awsome, i love zelda OOT. please make the other 2 things and i get a yellow recolor of that triangle table and it will look like the triforce with the 3 saphires on it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 9:00 PM
Ooo, I'd love that too SDG.
Maybe the Pedestal of Time with the Master Sword in it too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Saikatsu : 3rd Feb 2005 at 9:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Saiyaz
Interesting looking.... what is it?

I knew I forgot something. xD;;

It's the Zora Sapphire from The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Lemme reupload the screenshot to include the one from the game that I worked from. (EDIT: Updated now.)

Quote: Originally posted by SDG
OMG awsome, i love zelda OOT. please make the other 2 things and i get a yellow recolor of that triangle table and it will look like the triforce with the 3 saphires on it.

I actually have a model of the Goron Ruby made as well, so that wouldn't be a problem... I don't think I made the Kokiri Emerald though. I remember starting on it... If I can manage to get this object working properly, I'll definately make objects out of the other two.

Quote: Originally posted by conker87
Ooo, I'd love that too SDG.
Maybe the Pedestal of Time with the Master Sword in it too?

XD I can do that... already modeled the Master Sword as well. (I modeled a lot of little things in my spare time in class.)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 9:02 PM
Lol! I'd just this minute clicked on it when you removed it.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 9:20 PM
*gasp*

Will you be making the other 2?

★☆Simify☆★
回「Shall we dance?」回
これを読むことができれば訳者を使用している。
:| Yep, another post from Mr. Biggles. |:

Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 9:43 PM
It looks cool for making explorer sims, like some ancient artifact, or something. Downloading...
Forum Resident
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 11:29 PM
Terrific, more decorations, great work, thank you very much.
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 11:52 PM
Cool! How did you get the mesh? Did you make it yourself or did you extract it from the game?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 4:12 AM
Yay for Saikatsu, my newest hero =D

So you modeled that in frickin 12th grade?? What kind of school did you go to? x_o
(*is jealous*)

Listen! Do you smell that?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 4:18 AM
can anyone make the triforce? that would be cool
Instructor
#16 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siempre
So you modeled that in frickin 12th grade?? What kind of school did you go to? x_o
(*is jealous*)

I wanna know too! I'd love to take a class on this...but of course, my school doesn't offer anything like that....

my only comp class - we're still on baby programming....boring the heck out of me....the teach spent a whole class on placing buttons for goodness sake!!! urgh.... :fight:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2person2
Cool! How did you get the mesh? Did you make it yourself or did you extract it from the game?

It's hand-made, using screenshots for reference. Screenshots that were a pain to get because it's very hard to get them at a fully front or side view. To ensure the correct geometry, I kinda cheated-- the other set of screens is a wireframe view. I won't go into detail in case talking about that isn't allowed at all (I DO own the game, v1.0 even... I like being able to play with things without risking my game data).
I WISH I could extract the meshes... then I could do all sorts of stuff with 'em. I'll have to see if that's possible.
I might also do statues of the three goddesses as seen in the story, if I can get decent screenshots of them... might be able to utilize debug mode for that. c.-

Quote: Originally posted by siempre
Yay for Saikatsu, my newest hero =D

(*is jealous*)

Yay, I'm a hero <3

Yeah, 12th grade. For both that year and 11th grade, I had only four classes, then a short break for lunch on the way to the tech school where the class was held. I've never had weirder classes in my life. XD Both years I was the ONLY girl in the class. In 11th grade we had a weirdness meter on the wall... the little marker was constantly on the ceiling. It stopped getting moved after a while so we said that it was circling the room so fast that you couldn't see it moving.

Quote: Originally posted by BREANAN
can anyone make the triforce? that would be cool

I think a Triforce lamp would be frickin awesome. Can we do lamps properly yet?
Instructor
#18 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saikatsu
Yeah, 12th grade. For both that year and 11th grade, I had only four classes, then a short break for lunch on the way to the tech school where the class was held.

Really? So it was a separate college course or something? Where was this? I'd love to take a course on this if I could.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Really? So it was a separate college course or something? Where was this? I'd love to take a course on this if I could.

It was available for certain grade levels in high school but you could continue to take classes for free up to a certain age... then you had to pay for it. The one I went to was EVIT, East Valley Institute of Technology.
Unfortunately, the two 3D classes often got shunned because the web page class was so much more popular (read: more people joined thinking it would be an easy A and they could play games the whole time). Then there was the time where this person who was like... head of the department or the whole school, can't remember which, she was giving a tour and was near the computer classrooms on the bottom floor. She passed by my 12th grade teacher, introduced him, but after giving his name, she turned to him and asked "... what is it you teach again?"

I WISH the college I'm at offered 3D classes. They only have an Illustrator class and one for photo stuff in Photoshop. :\ Small community college.
Instructor
#20 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:35 AM
East Valley? So it's like CA or something? Shucks. I live in NY. It's not as big of a tech centre as CA, so there's less options available on that point....

It looks fun though. Wish I could've taken those classes....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
East Valley? So it's like CA or something? Shucks. I live in NY. It's not as big of a tech centre as CA, so there's less options available on that point....

It looks fun though. Wish I could've taken those classes....

Arizona. Parts of the state are referred to as "the Valley" for whatever reason.
It was a fun class. I enjoyed it. <3 I just wish I could do character modeling on my own, the only sucessful character model I've ever done was a one for a tutorial, for a rendition of Joan of Arc. All other attempts? Failed, miserably @_@
Instructor
#22 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saikatsu
Arizona. Parts of the state are referred to as "the Valley" for whatever reason.
It was a fun class. I enjoyed it. <3 I just wish I could do character modeling on my own, the only sucessful character model I've ever done was a one for a tutorial, for a rendition of Joan of Arc. All other attempts? Failed, miserably @_@

Awww. Don't get discouraged. I'm sure you'll be able to do wonderful stuff eventually.

I've been to Arizona. It's real pretty. But it's so empty compared to NYC. I got so lonely the last time...and I was only around there for a week.
#23 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:07 AM
@Saikatsu

Help for you...
To much is missing in your Package..
Object data missing
Shape missing
Catalog Description missing
etc etc..

To patch the bugs of your object you have to export all the missing Data entrys from the original "foodfruitbowl" about 10 entrys!!! Then import them to your package and Change the Catalog description etc. In the missing parts are also Entrys to change the Brightness and Transparence of your Object. Hope I coud help you, and sorry for my realy bad English (I´m from German)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by camgirllesb
@Saikatsu

Help for you...
To much is missing in your Package..
Object data missing
Shape missing
Catalog Description missing
etc etc..

To patch the bugs of your object you have to export all the missing Data entrys from the original "foodfruitbowl" about 10 entrys!!! Then import them to your package and Change the Catalog description etc. In the missing parts are also Entrys to change the Brightness and Transparence of your Object. Hope I coud help you, and sorry for my realy bad English (I´m from German)

Erm.

All of those things are present in my object. I don't know why that's happening for you. Unless, of course, you're looking at RachelR_ZoraSapphire_Red.package, that's just a recolor of it. The actual object itself is RachelR_Decorative_ZoraSapphire.package.
#25 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:29 AM
PS: To extract the missing files Start SimPE, go to Object Workshop an then CLONE the foodfruitbowl then export the missing files. May be (cause so much are missing) it´s easier to import your 3 files "Material Definition" "Material Override" and "Texture Image" to the cloned foodfruitbowl. Don´t forget to change the Guids and Groups. PS: To create a new Object your Startfile is allways a CLONED Object - never a recoulored like you do...
Page 1 of 5