Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: No Friends Needed

by conker87 Posted 5th Feb 2005 at 9:10 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:27 PM by Christy1077

138 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 131 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 10:03 PM
Just what I've been hoping for! Thanks alot! *checking to see if it works now*

Does it actually display that no friends are needed in the jog-box-thingie, or does the game just not pick up that friends are needed? If that makes sense.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 10:39 PM Last edited by conker87 : 5th Feb 2005 at 10:41 PM.
It shows friends needed:
0 all the time :D

I'm sure I saw a "JobToken" in Carrigons OBJD.txt, but I couldn't find it... But this is the best I could come up with, if I can find the "Have Enough Friends?" code then I'll beable to do it for all careers...
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 3:26 AM
this is great, Conker! now my Sims don't have to be pressured to maintain having friends that i don't want them to have. thanks!
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 3:40 AM
thanks, i don't see the point of needing friends for careers.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 5:10 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hate having to make friends and maintain the relationships. Great Work!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 2:45 AM
great i'm in love with this hack i hate having ot have friedns for careers like u don't need friends at mcdonalds to be a janitor then a clerk lol
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 1:08 PM
Hey! friends are important to have...oh yah in Real life. Thanks for the hack! :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 9:58 PM
I don't mind making friends, but thanks for this. Now I won't feel forced to.
#10 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:42 AM
it's a great idea!
since Sims 1 it is SOOOO annoying to need friends for promotion.
thanks man!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:55 PM
Thanks. I use a cheat code because I'm afraid of getting a job and needing friends.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 4:12 PM
At last in sims history. My sims can promote alone
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 9:59 PM
this is awesome! gonna try it out right away. thanks!
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 12:30 AM
About time! I've needed one of these forever! Don't they always says 'It's lonly at the top'? Big promotion here I come! *runs of to play*
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terence1357
thanks, i don't see the point of needing friends for careers.

me eigther really what's the point, they making it seem like everyone rubs elbows with top dogs and what not, now some of our sluty sims (if it was possible) would sleep thier to the top i know mine would.

Life is what You make it!!!!!

The 1
The ONLY

Angel
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 2:00 AM
cheers great hack now no friends forever muahahahahahahaha
:Sorry 4 the evil laugh:
#17 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 10:52 PM
yes! ive beeen waiting for one like this forever!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 6:22 AM
Good stuff, conker.
Thanks. :hwpilot:
#19 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 5:54 AM
Default Finding the right directory
Having some trouble finding the right folder to put this file. I don't seem to have an EA games folder under Documents and Settings. I am able to find it under Program Files/EA Games. But then, I can't seem to find a folder within Sims2 labled "download". I have many folders such as CSBin, Support,TSBin, and TSData. Sorry if I am missing something big here, but can you help me figure out where to place the file? Thanks a lot.
#20 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 5:56 AM
Default Never mind :)
It was under My Documents but I'm pretty sure I found it. Thanks for this hack, can't wait to try it. Always thought the worst part was forcing you to have friends in the game, TY.
#21 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:11 AM
*dances*

This is another hack that i've been looking for - thanks for making it!
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 4:16 AM
Exodus, more often than not sims2 doesn't make a downloads folder for you. You have to make it yourself.

Anyone know if this is EP ready?
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 4:32 AM
According to the compiled list of hacks that are working or not working with the ep this one does work. I'm not sure if it works with any of the new careers though.
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 6:32 PM
Actually, most downloads I've put in Collections (with the EP) and they work just fine. When I installed S2 the first time, I had a downloads folder. So, it'll work if I make my own Downloads folder?
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 6:42 PM
I have this hack, it works with the ep but not with any of the new careers. Hopefully this will be updated soon since the new careers have such high demand for friends.
Page 1 of 6