Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Small Self-Contained Church

by Szandor Posted 6th Feb 2005 at 8:43 AM - Updated 6th Feb 2005 at 8:43 PM by Szandor

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 3:57 PM
It Doesn't Look Like A Church More Like A Normal House I Think
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bean93
It Doesn't Look Like A Church More Like A Normal House I Think

i agree

Thank you for reading this post ,
Kayak
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 5:24 PM
I think it looks great! I was looking for a church to get my sim married in! Cool!
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 7:32 PM
Thank you and well done!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Szandor : 6th Feb 2005 at 8:47 PM.
thank you for your comments.

It was my 2nd design project, so if you don't think its good... oh well!

I think it looks great and am glad they think so too!
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 2:40 AM
I think it looks great.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 9:59 PM
I love it!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 8:05 PM
i dind't say it was ugly but for me a church has a long hall and a sort of tower on the end wih a clock in it.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 1:27 AM
Great Job, Is perfect for an inside wedding
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 2:42 AM
thats okay l wasn't say anything like that....

sorry if you think l was having a go... l wasnt.

I am mine own redeemer. -Anton Szandor LaVey
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:12 PM
It looks ptetty cool, can your sims actualy get married there? I think it would look better with stain-glass windows ^_^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:51 AM
yes your sims can. when you go upstairs, you have to (if you want food) click on the 'fill it up' or something like that.
I hired a bartender, put on some tunes, filled up the food, got married and use the toilet there.... l put in a phone downstairs for you to call your friends for weddings. I would have tried to get the DMA teleporter but l can't do that stuff quite yet!

Below are some screenshots.
Screenshots

I am mine own redeemer. -Anton Szandor LaVey
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:52 PM
Is that Sim Nekkid? LOL
3rd row, first pew, left isle...I swear he looks nekkid! That's an interesting wedding... never been to a nekkid wedding before... hehehe...
(I am so easily amused)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 12:43 AM
lol... yea she is naked. Thats my gf's sim... has major issues with having clothes on! lol....
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 11:50 PM
This is realy cool lol.
#17 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:27 PM
look's great... i'm downloading it ryt now... how do u bring friends (with s)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:27 PM
Been looking for something like this! It looks beautiful! Thanks. -N-
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 8:54 PM
I've used this church a couple of times. I had to remodel it though to increase bathroom space. Too much champagne and too many wedding guests lead to embarrassing moments. Very funny though.
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 2:01 PM
hi szandor ur mother in law has the same [roblem as my daughter in law!!!!

For those that are confused, I am szandors mummy - lol
hi baby ....
soooo not looking at nakedness
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 4:34 PM
I love it! 10x!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 12:31 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much! It's truly excellent!

"Life isn’t like coursework, baby. It’s one damn essay crisis after another."
Boris Johnson

"By Jove! Which is always to say, by myself."
Caligula; I, Claudius
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 12:58 AM
Thank you for making this a small church. It was exactly what I was looking for, and then some.

I downloaded this lot a couple of weeks ago and have really enjoyed adapting it and using it. I put classical music speakers in, installed the Formal Wedding Arch (Eddie66), put in stained glass windows and put religious paintings on all the wall spaces to imitate Stations of the Cross. I also put in two prayable icons (available on this website).

When I discovered that the lot was buyable even though it was in the main neighbourhood, I opened it for business, so townies and playable sims could pay to stay on the lot, autonomously worship and view the works of art.

Truth be told, the townies spent most of their time arguing and fighting among themselves, until I decided to put the paintings up for sale! There was space on the lot to build a small shop, so now in true Church tradition, cakes, food and flowers are also available for sale.

I've had two weddings take place at the church successfully. I haven't been able to throw a wedding party, but that doesn't matter so much, as hacks can be used to summon sims. Thanks again! :sci:
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 8:29 PM Last edited by xxchloek34xx : 9th Apr 2006 at 8:36 PM. Reason: forgot something
i can't wait to get OFB for easter to do what sandilou has done to the lot. Seems fun. Oh well for now i'll just use it for weddings (well duh) and for sims to visiit( well duh to) by the way sandilou go do some housework :moose: (it says on your profile if we see you on the fourms do housework)
P.S I love this church by the way. It rocks hehe
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 7:06 AM
This is just what I was looking for! A less church-like wedding chapel/reception hall. Thank you so much for making this!
Page 1 of 2