Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Vending Machines!!!!

by nikkisim2site Posted 6th Feb 2005 at 10:13 AM - Updated 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:30 PM by -Maylin-

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 10:23 AM
Purely for decorative use, correct? I assume as much... and screwing her over HOW, exactly? Did she give you the go-ahead to post them elsewhere? Anyhow, they look nice. My regards to her.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 10:55 AM
Quote:
im not to fond of that site rite now..its like no apperction for my hard work..i should never posted my stuff..take all my objects if u want add to site.. where ill be apperciated!

thats what she said to me earlier

Check out my NEW FREE WEBSITE im just starting out so bear with me and please visit :) ITS FREE
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 11:19 AM Last edited by kayak : 6th Feb 2005 at 11:22 AM.
nice job

Thank you for reading this post ,
Kayak
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 11:43 AM
Yeah, I got them off TSR already. They are cool. Took me a while to realize they are fridges where the backsides are redone (I don't always read the README)
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 12:07 PM
lol same here, I downloaded them from TSR and then I couldn't find them anywhere in the game
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 12:32 PM
I downloaded them from TSR too but I forgot about them and come to think of it can't remember seeing them in my buy catalog either lol. Had been hoping one of the multitude of talented modders on this site might find these and do something with them *hint hint*
Can't remember your friends name but I know I've got a fair bit of her stuff...she's very good
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 12:39 PM
she's under the name phantasygurl... maybe i can help her figure this out lol... she's good at this to i agree....
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 3:24 PM
Saw the vending machines on TSR as well and a few posts with people saying that they are not showing up. Instructions on her 'posts' were clear - backside ONLY needed to be shown. Some people just never bothered to read and complained. Only downside to these is the fact that it uses up a fridge which might not be usuable because of placement to show the back. I was actually hoping someone had figured out how the other 3 sides were displayed because I wanted to update my bar fridges. But I think I can see why TSR is 'making a fuss' - because the people dont bother to read and so they get complaints and so it MUST be the creators fault not the user :Slap:

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glacier1701
I was actually hoping someone had figured out how the other 3 sides were displayed because I wanted to update my bar fridges.

Glacier, I've been having trouble with this too. I have been trying to make a fridge that has some little kid paintings on it, but it didn't turn out so well. All I know is that when you go into SimPE, you get the back as half of the image, and say, a silver part as the other half. The top of the fridge is just the silver part sized down and rotated. That's about all I know. If you wanted to make something that was just on the front or whatever, you could remesh the object, and edit the UV cordinates so it maps the object differently. Here is what my fridge looks like:
Screenshots

Want the best browser?!?! Get Firefox.

- FIREFOX -

- The safest, fastest, best browser out there -

Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 4:54 PM
the mom must not like the art on the top of the fridge :P
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#12 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:37 AM
This appears to be a set of recolors for the Fridge, so I'm putting it in the Appliances section.

Please edit the post title to include "Testers Wanted". It's required for Betas.

Thank you for sharing these. Very cool-looking.

RG
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:09 PM
I don't know if I'm asking this in the right place, but does anyone know how to put these vending machines on community lots? It seems every time I try to make a community lot, the only objects available to choose from are the designated community items, like the grocery store coolers. Has anyone had better luck? Or am I just missing something?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eriksrocks
Glacier, I've been having trouble with this too. I have been trying to make a fridge that has some little kid paintings on it, but it didn't turn out so well. All I know is that when you go into SimPE, you get the back as half of the image, and say, a silver part as the other half. The top of the fridge is just the silver part sized down and rotated. That's about all I know. If you wanted to make something that was just on the front or whatever, you could remesh the object, and edit the UV cordinates so it maps the object differently. Here is what my fridge looks like:

Heheheheheh well I think I'll have to forgo the pleasure of doing that. I am sticking to recolours and not remeshing. Had fun doing the original recolours the old manual way but like the new almost automatic way much better. I have to update those fridges anyways to make them EP compliant but thats about as far as my ambition on that stretches. Oh well

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:01 PM
great job

now we need a Coca Cola machine

thanx

You should never put a cap on violence!! Suppressing violent urges only leads to psycological internal violence! Got it!? If I were to use an analogy, I'd turn to yeast! The root of all bread making!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 11:44 PM
these look amazing..thanks
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 10:07 AM
cool...vendin machines for community lots...or any teenager's room
Forum Resident
#18 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 4:34 AM
Very cool. I am a Coke fan, so hopefully we'll see some of those machines around (hint, hint!).
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 10:49 PM
Very Nice
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 5:05 PM
ooh, thanks! i'm building a hotel and this will come in handy even if decorative... can't wait for fully functioning vending machines like in sims 1 !
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 5:22 PM
very very cool...thanks for sharing it with us
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 10:50 AM
very nice already downloaded it a long time ago
Instructor
#23 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 11:16 AM
Thank you Nikki. I've wanted these for Sims2 since I bought the game. The creator did a great job.
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 6:33 PM
Nice The Ice Cream machine (the good Humor machine) in the brazilian version of Good Humor,my father worked there since 98 to 2004...I LIKEN!!! i like some goods ice creams...
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:17 PM
Default Awsome!
than you soo much...this kewl! :D
Page 1 of 3