Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:53 PM.
Default Recolor Templates for 'Photo Studio', Paintings, Posters
'Photo Studio' templates

A few people have asked for templates. Looking around seems to me that this is the best spot to put them for both testing (have had minor issues with some I have made in the past) and to distribute for those who might want them. Also Quaxi can always come over here and find them if he wants to add them to the collection.

Any problems let me know. All you need to do is unRAR the file and place into your SimPE Data folder. It should work no problems. Note: screenshot is of the painting that you will recolour.

Edit: You will find at post #10 more templates from Havelock - 8 of them. This means that including those templates that come with Photo Studio you can now have a full set of templates for all paintings, posters and tapestries. Frame recolours from the base sets are about the only thing left do. Enjoy these.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CitySkyscapebyOlivePeynter.rar (27.2 KB, 1433 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  RedvsBlueTemplatebyGlacier1701.rar (77.1 KB, 1228 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  FantasyScapeTemplatebyGlacier1701.rar (77.8 KB, 1261 downloads) - View custom content

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
39 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 7:02 PM.
'Photo Studio' Templates

Dear glacier1701 i have made some templates would you add them here? Have made templates for Painting_OilFruit, Painting_Square_Bella, Painting_Square_Argh
Edit : my templates are tested have made some pictures for my game. If the make probs i will support them.
Ps: Its okay i would not bother quaxy myself.

Edit:Addet a Template for Spherical Splendor
Another Edit: second zip inkludes templates for the Posters
Screenshots
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: zip  Templates for Photo Studio.zip (147.9 KB, 1250 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Templates for Photo Studio (Posters).zip (152.5 KB, 1142 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 1:20 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 7:07 PM.
Default Wall Hangings - Testers Wanted: 12 SimPE Photo Studio Templates
'Photo Studio' Templates - Nightlife

I got a Request for more Photostudio Templates. Here they are! 12 Pictures from Nightlive. Not the 4 tiled pictures because its impossible to make a Template for them. Have tested all pictures in Game should work fine. Unzip them and put in your SimPE\Data Folder
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Havelock_PaintingTemplates_Nightlive.zip (1.10 MB, 1775 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:07 PM
I used 2 of the Templates
I used the City Sky Scape and one of the Large paining squares( the pink one with white streaks across it)
they both turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Thanks guys -- you made this newbie so happy--- it worked....
But I did something a little differently per the instructions by accident, I was over tired and simply forgot ---
I placed the templates in my game DL folder and SimPE Wizard found them and well it worked......so should I replace them in the SimPE Data folder now or not?
Now to see if I can upload 2 pics to show you what I made.....

grrrrrrrr well my additional options for managing attachments isn't opening.
So, take my word for it-- this newbie is thrilled.
Thankyou so much
ButterflyIII2006
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:14 PM
Default try again to show the pics
I think I got it
WhooooooooHoooooooooo
ButterflyIII2006
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PLS_JungleParrots1207.zip (42.7 KB, 586 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  PLS_LadyInfernosPainting.zip (26.3 KB, 542 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 8:01 PM
Hi Guys,
Well this is sort of an update--- shortly after my previous post my puter suffered a total crash. I am not so sure if placing the file in the wrong place had anything to do with it or not--
so this time they are going into my SimPE data file....It's still wonderful to have these templates.And much appreciated.
ButterflyIII2006
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 1:55 AM
I have begun to play with recolors and chosen Paintings to begin with but plagued with fuzzy images and told that using these templates with correct that problem and much easier to use but so far have't been able to work out how to access them.
I have looked for tutorials and everthing brings me back here. Could someone give me some direction or rub my nose into what I am missing. thankyou regards Joseph
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 8:33 PM
Does anyone know if there's a template for the 'sims must wash hands' sign?

Thanks! =]
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 4:14 PM
Dont mean to be needy but could someone possible do a template for a more modern frame just like plain white or something? Ive tried and failed at followering a tut i came across and generally gave up as i suck lol.

Thanx anyway

-Jay-
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 12:45 AM
Some more:

Geometry 101 from OFB
This Olde Cabin from BV
Paradise Lost " "
Collectible Poster " "

More to come.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: zip  geometry 101.zip (20.7 KB, 772 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  this olde cabin.zip (76.5 KB, 726 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  paradise lost.zip (65.5 KB, 715 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  collectible_poster.zip (47.0 KB, 875 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 8:33 PM
Thanks a lot everyone for these templates.Much appreciated
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 4:28 PM
Does Anyone know of any road sign templates which came with Nightlife, (not the diamond llama one)

I need at least one for my upcoming upload :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 4:19 AM
hey, i'm on a Mac, & dont seem to be able to even open the .template(s).... also, i noticed that to edit these things you have to save them as a bitmap image... i cant seem to get it to save as a bmp, but i have photoshop, so is there something that i'm missing? i've tried to do the cheat of getting my sim to paint a still life & replacing that with an actual image, but that hasnt worked either... help???

~*Cheryl*~
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 10:50 AM
Will templates allow me to edit the price/title/environment fields of the paintings? I've been searching for a tutorial for this specifically, but no luck. Does anyone know how to do this? All the custom wall hangings I've downloaded from other creators all were under the base file as far as I could tell...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 3:50 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:12 AM.
Default "Transcendency" painting with passepartout
Here is a layered psd for recolours of the Base Game "Transcendency" painting with a passepartout. Optional photo effects (vignette; sepia tone) are already built in, as are the shadows inside the frame and inside the passepartout, and the paper colour. You may need to add some noise to the vignette if you have pictures with large monochrome areas (to avoid posterising).

This is Photoshop CS3, I don't know whether it's backwards compatible.

Result when you just slap a greyscale picture onto the "picture goes here" layer will look like this in-game:

(from this thread)

The area inside the passepartout is 214x170px. You may want to nudge the frame shadow down by 1 or 2px, right now it's a little illogic (but I noticed that too late – the light will mostly come from above, after all).

Tip: create the recolour with the separate "Overlay" layer turned off, and only turn it back on right before exporting – this will give you a more realistic preview (at least on my monitor it does, that's why I made two overlays). The paintings look incredibly bright in-game and need to be toned down by a LOT. Note that this template is for the unchanged, original TXMT -- if you edit that, you can probably make the picture less bright that way too.

Important: You need to resize the final .png to 256x256 and mirror it horizontally before importing it to SimPE.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  transcendencypainting_passepartout.psd.zip (31.9 KB, 375 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th May 2009 at 4:23 AM
Default how do i make new templates?
Ok, so i've totally amazed myself and added photos of my kids into the sims using the exisiting templates and SimPE (how cool is that program!!!) Anyway, now i want to try and make some new pics that are different sizes and use different frames than the base pics. So my question is...how do i do it? I have tried to search around for tuts and can't seem to find anything. I would really appeciate any pointers or a "the answer is just over there.." please.
Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:24 AM
Will the templates create unique stand alone pieces and not recolors?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:44 PM
For help with creating stuff, please look in the Create forums:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=555

in particular the tutorial subforums in the various sections. This thread is for templates, not for help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:21 AM
Can I request templates to be made in this thread?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#20 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:41 AM
Er, no. We don't do requests, templates or otherwise.

Instructor
#21 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 4:36 AM
Does anyone know if more templates will be made for Simpe's Photo Studio? Also, I am interested in making new templates if I can find the photo studio instructions...been looking for a while now and have had no luck...so if your reading this and you know where the tutorial is, I would be happy to fill up this thread with any templates I manage to make.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#22 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 5:15 AM
Hi wndy, haven't seen you in these parts for a while!

There's a tutorial on creating new template files at the end of this page:
http://sims.ambertation.de/tut_ps.shtml

It looks fairly straight forward, but I've never tried it myself.
Instructor
#23 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 7:17 AM
Thanks Echo! Haven't been into doing too much creating until this last few days. Life gets busy! Anyway, that link really helps! Think I will give it a whirl and see what happens.
Instructor
#24 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 12:03 PM Last edited by wndy26 : 16th Dec 2009 at 4:56 PM.
Default Need Tester - New Seasons template - "A Home for All Seasons"
Attached is a brand new Photo Studio template for "A Home For All Seasons" painting from the Seasons EP - I am giving template creation a whirl so please test and leave me some feedback. I have plans to make as many as I can so that all paintings within the Sims2 have templates (or at least the ones I can figure out).

This was tested on my Windows XP pc and it worked perfectly.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  A Home For All Seasons.rar (66.9 KB, 484 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 12:42 PM
wndy,

Just wanted to let you know I am trying my hand at recolouring paintings for the first time and gave your template a try to drop a few of my own acrylics into the game. Worked like a charm! If you get around to making any more templates I would love to give those a try as well, I am sure I have images around to fit them.
Page 1 of 2