Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Oldfashioned Shortwave Transceiver

by xanathon Posted 9th Feb 2005 at 4:32 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2008 at 9:26 PM by -Maylin-

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 4:36 PM
dear god; 20,000!?!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 4:46 PM
You should make it like a phone, so you can radio other sims!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sir Ignitus Blowtorch
You should make it like a phone, so you can radio other sims!

That does not work. If I base it on the phone, the sims would still use the normal handpiece and that would be a heavy break of style. I think it is better to let it function as a radio (even if it is remote-controlled, then).

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alpharaptor1
dear god; 20,000!?!

it's more like an antique, of course it's expensive
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 6:03 PM
this is a great work

two thumbs way up

great job

You should never put a cap on violence!! Suppressing violent urges only leads to psycological internal violence! Got it!? If I were to use an analogy, I'd turn to yeast! The root of all bread making!!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LordHellscream
it's more like an antique, of course it's expensive

I don't think that's the price. That's the number of vertices - making it a HUGE mesh, like one of the Maxis vehicles.

Another great job! Kudos!

DDO
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
I don't think that's the price. That's the number of vertices - making it a HUGE mesh, like one of the Maxis vehicles.

Yeah, it IS pretty big. Good thing my game can handle it.

Aha, I feel the power of the undead within me!
Now I must shun the sun and seek the night!
Bleh Bleh!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 6:52 PM
Why are there so many vertices? Hm. First the knobs have little grooves around and also beveled edges. Furthermore, all the tiny switches are quite complex. I try to reduce the vertice-count here, since one can hardly see those switches, grin, but it is not too easy.

But, after all, this is just a prototype... :o)

happy simming,
Xanathon

.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 7:13 PM
its great but you can't do anything with it.
when you can it is so much money worth.

sorry for mispelling i am dutch
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#11 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
Why are there so many vertices? Hm. First the knobs have little grooves around and also beveled edges. Furthermore, all the tiny switches are quite complex. I try to reduce the vertice-count here, since one can hardly see those switches, grin, but it is not too easy.

But, after all, this is just a prototype... :o)

It is a great prototype! Are you going to make it act like one of the stereos?

DDO
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alpharaptor1
dear god; 20,000!?!

HOLY SNIKEYS !!!! :wow:

Looks like I'll have to request a Pimping and Prostitution mod so my male sim can pimp is girlfriend out to buy this sucker.

Anyways, this looks great...keep up the good work
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 10:32 PM
Hey, read again... :o)

20000 ist the vertex count, not the price, that is 100 (if I remember correct...)

@daysies: It should already do that (act like a boombox)... Does it not?

happy simming,
Xanathon

Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 10:37 PM
Hey, read again... :o)

20000 ist the vertex count, not the price, that is 100 (if I remember correct...)

@daysies: It should already do that (act like a boombox)... Does it not?

Oh, my bad I missed that :howdy:
#15 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 10:58 PM
Awesome work, thank you
The ModFather
retired moderator
#16 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 12:30 AM
If I base it on the phone, the sims would still use the normal handpiece and that would be a heavy break of style. I think it is better to let it function as a radio (even if it is remote-controlled, then).

You're right, the handset of the phone is created "on the fly" by the game once the phone is placed in the lot and you go to live mode, and the handset is a different object with its own GUID.
The problem is that the game, every time a phone is bought from the catalog, creates always that handset with that GUID, so creating a re-meshed handset wouldn't work.

The same problem occurs with the controllers of the videogame console, but Todd has created an X-Box with custom controllers, and a friend of his has managed to modify the init BHAVs in order to make the game "create" the custom controllers instead of the standard ones.
Maybe you could ask him how have they solved this problem: I would love to have my sims make phone calls with this transceiver!

Anyway, you made a great job, as usual!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 2:41 AM
OH thank you!! It looks perfect. I love it and cant wait to see it in game. Byt the way all of the other oldfashioned stuff of yours I have downloaded is working great!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 4:09 PM
20000 was nicer wan it was so expensive in real live is also expensive so why not in the sims 2
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 4:31 PM
COOl! i like it
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by numenor
The same problem occurs with the controllers of the videogame console, but Todd has created an X-Box with custom controllers, and a friend of his has managed to modify the init BHAVs in order to make the game "create" the custom controllers instead of the standard ones.
Maybe you could ask him how have they solved this problem: I would love to have my sims make phone calls with this transceiver!

I don't think that would be possible, since the new controllers behave just like the original ones, just looking different. As with the phones, the sims take the handpiece and walk around, talking. That behaviour should have to be eliminated and the sims should sit or stand in front of the transceiver, talking. I guess, this is quite difficult to achieve. But I'm no expert when it coms to BHAVs, in fact i have no idea about them... :o)

Quote: Originally posted by numenor
Anyway, you made a great job, as usual!

Thanx! :o))

happy simming,
Xanathon

Forum Resident
#21 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 7:52 PM
looks nice thank you
Scholar
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:29 PM
This is so unique - thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:39 AM
It's beautiful looking!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 3:49 AM
Hi thank you looks good
Field Researcher
#25 Old 31st May 2005 at 1:47 PM
ohhhh this is awesome ...i thought about this and downloaded it and when i told my boyfriend ..he laughted cause he is into short hand radios and receivers ............lol

my boyfriend says thanx with a smile
Page 1 of 2