Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

***UPDATED***Testers wanted for New(ly Altered) Meshes!

by aardvarkams Posted 10th Feb 2005 at 9:34 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2005 at 1:40 PM by aardvarkams : Updated

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 9:38 PM
Ok, sorry - this was my first post with attachments - but hey the little red-crossed squares are pretty! Maybe I'll get the hang of this one day, and try out them little smiley-things ...
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 9:41 PM
hey i send u a message k
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aardvarkams

NB: Because there doesn't seem to be the ability to remap textures or re-assign joints etc. the vertices on the meshes have just been moved around a bit! This can have some wierd stretching/distorting effect on some textures, so when re-skinning these meshes I suggest you avoid complicated patterns etc.

They look great. BTW, you can remap mesh UVs. I was able to do so with my male nude mesh changes. You can import the UV data when changed. I exported the meshes with SimPE and made vertex and UV changes in Maya6.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 10:46 PM
someone finally edited the teen mesh!
thank you
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 12:44 AM
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! these are the meshes that I've been waiting for since the game was releashed. Now I can but skins I made to the mesh that they were built for!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!! :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:22 AM
Something not quite right on the teen legs, her knees are 'bent' like she's ready to jump up in the air (see picture)...

Now to figure out how to put the boots and boobs on my Latex Catsuits :D
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosco
Something not quite right on the teen legs, her knees are 'bent' like she's ready to jump up in the air (see picture)...

You haven't noticed? All of the teen legs are bent. It's just the stance they have in bodyshop. It looks uncomfortable, but it's not permanent, and it's not the heel mesh. The heels kind of accentuate it, though.

"I'm nobody's puppet!" --Dominar Rygel XVI
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 7:22 AM
Ok..................Will test now..............Thanks
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 7:51 AM
Think the knee thing is like in stretchskeloton code, it makes knees funny too. It's like you raise heel and leg bone shoves into knee. But who's zooming on knees anyways.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:07 AM
looks great, i've already started skinning.

one thing i noticed, the adult nude heels has a stray vertex, on the external edge, half way between the ankle and ball of the foot.

unless your skinning shoes, you'd never notice it. once i saw it, it started to bug me, and i figured it'd be best to post.

once again, thanks for the hard work
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:27 AM
Thanks.Great work going to test it right now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aether
looks great, i've already started skinning.

one thing i noticed, the adult nude heels has a stray vertex, on the external edge, half way between the ankle and ball of the foot.

unless your skinning shoes, you'd never notice it. once i saw it, it started to bug me, and i figured it'd be best to post.

once again, thanks for the hard work

Yep, I can see it - those heels are a nightmare, I think I was getting the hang of it by the 4th or 5th one! Them darn stray vert's - pesky little things! I don't know if it's worth me re-doing it, as these are just Beta's, and some far-more talented individual will probably make better ones very soon! ... But I just love a good ol' tinker with a mesh!
L+K's xxx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duddly
They look great. BTW, you can remap mesh UVs. I was able to do so with my male nude mesh changes. You can import the UV data when changed. I exported the meshes with SimPE and made vertex and UV changes in Maya6.

Thanks, (OMG! Is it Duddly of ts1 Altered-Mesh fame?) ... as I said, I'm just a tinkerer, you lost me in the second sentence ... please, tell me how can you import the UV data in Simpe? I use Milkshape, and it was easy to mess around with the texture mapper - I haven't tried Maya6 ... maybe I'll have a look at it - is it good? Is it easy? If it wasn't for BriAnna's tutorial I wouldn't have got this far ... pleaase, keep it simple - very simple ...

L+K's xxx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by x0amyx8
hey i send u a message k

Thanx for the interest - have replied, and I'll help where I can!

Is this the kinda thing you're looking for?

I'm finding it really hard to make breasts too big without inserting more vertices, otherwise it comprimises the shape too much, and will distort the textures, (until some kind soul - maybe Mr. Duddly!), can show me how to re-map the UV's ... Also I'm having trouble with the shape of bigger boobs - I'm barely a B (with padding, LOL!) But hey, I've never been a fan of big boobs - but it seems to be what everyone wants! Just wait till we get them animated - could end up like Playboy - The Mansion, all swingin' n bouncin', I know that hack would be popular!

BTW, that wasn't necessarily an opening on the discussion of the shape of bigger boobs, but I'm off work with a stinkin' cold, and I was so worried about what you guys n gals would think of my efforts I've been up since 5am - I'm still in my dressing gown and slippers! I won't tell you what I've been up to for the last half hour, (how embarrassing!), but I am having a problem with shape!

Enough said for now I think - I'll have a go with the teentop next ...

Bye for now,

L+K's xxx
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  afnudetop2.zip (91.1 KB, 1816 downloads)
Inventor
#16 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:08 AM
yep I made the same one with a purple bra and a blue. they look great.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:24 AM
awesome, thanks! *****
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 12:13 PM
Sado me! Redone the adult female heels minus the stray vertex, ... and slightly altered heel shape, and waist, oh, and slightly bigger boobs!

Just place in your downloads folder to overwrite the existing mesh - because the packaged files are keyed to the mesh you don't have to re-do any of your skins! Yippee!

L+K's xxx
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MESH_amsadultnudeheels01.zip (99.2 KB, 2221 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:23 PM
Ok, I have got to stop and go get dressed!

But first, ...

Let me know what you think ... although I'll find it difficult to make them any bigger without affecting the shape and textures!

L+K's xxx
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  teenboobs02.zip (102.9 KB, 1876 downloads)
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 7:21 PM Last edited by chaos2oo2 : 12th Feb 2005 at 12:07 AM.
nice work! I used this mesh to update my lingerie sets... high heels were the last thing i missed for them.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aardvarkams
Thanks, (OMG! Is it Duddly of ts1 Altered-Mesh fame?) ... as I said, I'm just a tinkerer, you lost me in the second sentence ... please, tell me how can you import the UV data in Simpe?

Oddly enough, yes, I am surprised people remember anything more than the objects though. The mesh tool allows you to import vertex and UV changes (as well as other things that don't currently work with bodies). You can make these changes in Milkshape and they will be saved in your obj. I use maya for much more than the sims (http://home.comcast.net/~sielkes/) and it is not anywhere close to as simple as milkshape.
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 5:03 AM Last edited by Lord Vengeance : 12th Feb 2005 at 5:06 AM. Reason: oops..... wrong button
Quote: Originally posted by Rosco

Now to figure out how to put the boots and boobs on my Latex Catsuits :D

Easy. Just start a project in bodyshop with this mesh, and one with a catsuit skin. Then just copy the texture and alpha files of the catsuit and paste them over the ones for the skin for this mesh, save, and voila, enhanced catsuits!

Awesome work on these meshes, they rule!

There's nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway.
For RAR extractor, go here!
http://www.rarlab.com
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Vengeance
Easy. Just start a project in bodyshop with this mesh, and one with a catsuit skin. Then just copy the texture and alpha files of the catsuit and paste them over the ones for the skin for this mesh, save, and voila, enhanced catsuits!
Already working on it.. these are going to be very enhanced (front zip, seams, other things...) give me a day or three...
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 9:03 AM
Finally, pants without the joints!! *worships you*
Are those mini-skirts without the joints too? I'd LOVE that! And also another pants, like baggypants (with sneakers) for woman, without the joints... could you do that? I HATE the high waist they are, they look like eating the belly... =P
(and maybe for men too... if you want, maybe lower a bit the waist, if it's too hard to get rid of the joint)
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 1:53 PM
>>>tis me<<
Just so dreamy, all I need now is smaller titiies and I can finally make a correct version of myself, pleeeeeeeeeeeease someone do so, I just can't figure out how to do meshes.
Page 1 of 4