Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Male Adult Meshes

by Crammyboy Posted 11th Feb 2005 at 12:09 AM - Updated 17th Aug 2010 at 3:18 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 5:24 AM
Thanks!!! Looks great
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 6:21 AM
oooh nice nice nice..more variety.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 6:25 AM
Whoa Thank You So Much Man!!!!!!! I Wanted That Hip Hop Clothes On An Adult For Yeeeearrrrrssssss
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:04 AM
^^^ LOL, kinda hard isn't it since the Sims 2 just came out last Autumn?
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 9:36 AM
Get out of my head! This is just what I wanted Thank you
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:44 PM
The adult sims already look so young....this doesn't help. But thats MHO.
#8 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 4:43 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I have been waiting for an adult Jersey mech forever!

You are the new love of my life!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brainchildvn
^^^ LOL, kinda hard isn't it since the Sims 2 just came out last Autumn?

very true..haha

SAm....Home to the clones and my gorgeous friends,
SIMilar Addiction
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 3:24 AM
Schweet, they're very nice, but why do the men in the picture look like monkeys?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 3:55 AM
cool thanks!
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM
Very cool! Thank you! :D
Banned
#13 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 3:38 AM
i have made a tutorial on thison how to make clothes of any age be available to person of any age
go to www.mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com
search it in sims2 chat section
it is abit old so it will be had to find
and also remember if u want to make a teen outfit available to an adult then u should do this that the if u want a teen skirt to be available to an adult then in outfits u must select an adult skirt

i may not come here again so pm me if u want to know more
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 11:28 PM
I have downloaded, and used this mesh set, and found them immensely useful. I would be very interested in knowing how to do this myself, as I have a wideleg jeans mesh for teen males that several people have requested that I make availble to adults. Crammyboy, could you either respond and tell me what you did, or PM me with some tips? I would really appreciate it. Did you just stretch and re-position the mesh?

Also, the link to the tutorial above no longer works, due to MikeInside being moved to the Modthesims2.com server. Could anyone point me at the relevant tutorial with an updated link reference?

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 7:28 PM Last edited by jaosming : 11th Jun 2005 at 7:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kamyk
Also, the link to the tutorial above no longer works, due to MikeInside being moved to the Modthesims2.com server. Could anyone point me at the relevant tutorial with an updated link reference?

that link would really be helpful for me too, please?

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/ new site

badda bing, http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/f...1904&highlight=
there yah go
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 4:57 AM
Thank you for finding me that link, unfortunately it only helps if I am just transferring bitmaps which I already knew how to do. Sigh. I have to figure out how to change over a mesh. Thanks for somebody responding anyway...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamyk
I have downloaded, and used this mesh set, and found them immensely useful. I would be very interested in knowing how to do this myself, as I have a wideleg jeans mesh for teen males that several people have requested that I make availble to adults. Crammyboy, could you either respond and tell me what you did, or PM me with some tips? I would really appreciate it. Did you just stretch and re-position the mesh?

It has been a while since I did these, but this is what I remember.

You need to start a project in bodyshop and import it. It doesn't really matter which as long as it is the right age and type (top,bottom or full) for the final output,which would be adult in this case.

You then need to copy the GMDC, GMND, SHPE and Resource from the teen and rename them to adult. use fix TGI (on all). fix the references from GMND to GMDC and Shape to resource.

Alter the exported bodyshop project (in savedsims folder). change the 3DID referencing file replacing the resource node and shape to the new values. Keeping the correct order.

Export the adult mesh to an obj. (this is a base to stretch the mesh).
Export the teen mesh you want to change.

In milkshape (or whichever 3d prog) import the adult mesh and rename it. This is just the base.
Import the teen mesh and stretch to fit using the adult mesh as a template. This is mainly the neck for full body meshes, and/or waist. (you may need to guess at some of this, as it may appear differently in the game)
Delete the adult mesh.
Export the finished mesh.

Update the new GMDC with the altered mesh using the MTS2 mesh tool. (Replace Only I think).

The new mesh should now appear in bodyshop, where you can export it again to fix the textures.

Hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crammyboy
It has been a while since I did these, but this is what I remember.

You need to start a project in bodyshop and import it. It doesn't really matter which as long as it is the right age and type (top,bottom or full) for the final output,which would be adult in this case.

You then need to copy the GMDC, GMND, SHPE and Resource from the teen and rename them to adult. use fix TGI (on all). fix the references from GMND to GMDC and Shape to resource.

Alter the exported bodyshop project (in savedsims folder). change the 3DID referencing file replacing the resource node and shape to the new values. Keeping the correct order.

Export the adult mesh to an obj. (this is a base to stretch the mesh).
Export the teen mesh you want to change.

In milkshape (or whichever 3d prog) import the adult mesh and rename it. This is just the base.
Import the teen mesh and stretch to fit using the adult mesh as a template. This is mainly the neck for full body meshes, and/or waist. (you may need to guess at some of this, as it may appear differently in the game)
Delete the adult mesh.
Export the finished mesh.

Update the new GMDC with the altered mesh using the MTS2 mesh tool. (Replace Only I think).

The new mesh should now appear in bodyshop, where you can export it again to fix the textures.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for responding. I'll give this a shot.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 4:03 PM
Awesome! I love the brown shirt for teens and the Adult males need a lot better clothes, and these three are much better. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 12:04 PM
Please, can you make the knee long (or long-knee or whatever it says) avaible for YA? I will love you for all the eternity if you make it!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marisa
Please, can you make the knee long (or long-knee or whatever it says) avaible for YA? I will love you for all the eternity if you make it!!

You can make them all for YA by using the SimPE scan function. There is no alteration of meshes required.

See Here
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:23 AM Last edited by Ravynlee : 14th Jul 2005 at 5:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jaosming
that link would really be helpful for me too, please?

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/ new site

badda bing, http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/f...1904&highlight=
there yah go

EXCELLENT! Thankyou oh-so-much for this! You've been such a help... link works fine and I can't wait to give it a shot myself! *hugs*

And thanks to you too Crammyboy, I came looking for this very thing and oh-my-god, here it is! *hugs to you too!* You did say it's EP ready didn't you? Yep, read that above. Okay *fingers crossed* hope it works. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 7:31 PM
Thanks! Finally some more good looking adult male clothes!
#24 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 2:12 AM
I like ur work!!
HIII!! Finally! I hated it, when my teens grew up and could only wear these stupid adult crap!! U rescured me!!!! Thanx a lot!!!
(PS, Sorry for spelling or gramma, or anything.. Im german, thats why!;-) )

Go on, with ur work, its good!!! ^^
But, could u make it the other way aroud too??? I love the male adult pyjamas, the pants, u know?? And I cant stand the things for the teens!!

Tschoe!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 11:22 AM
Again, works brilliantly with both EPs, no issues, and is THE male mesh I use for most male sim everyday clothes. You're awesome and I can't thank you enough!
Page 1 of 2