Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: World Globe

by boblishman Posted 11th Feb 2005 at 8:23 PM - Updated 13th Feb 2005 at 9:04 PM by boblishman : corrected spelling

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:43 PM
Cool ... I wish I was good at 3d editing ... sadly I suck
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman

(I know it's not very good, but I made it whilst learning about Texture Mapping, so I might as well share it with you all. Enjoy(ish)).

BobL

Maybe that is what the Sims world really looks like. Anything is possible with Sims. Good job.

Quote:
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:47 PM
Wow, I love the texture....it looks so...hm...

mixed? I dunno. THe way it blends is pretty.

Do you think you could make one WITHOUT the gold holder thing? Just one that floats?

★☆Simify☆★
回「Shall we dance?」回
これを読むことができれば訳者を使用している。
:| Yep, another post from Mr. Biggles. |:

Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:48 PM
Great job,Thank you
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 9:01 PM
I like it. Maybe not so much as a "globe" as in a map, but as a piece of Art it's very pretty. I'll test it for sure. And like Odd Person said, maybe that IS how the sims world looks. Good Job.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 9:28 PM
cool i wish i could edit the objects and actually make something

You should never put a cap on violence!! Suppressing violent urges only leads to psycological internal violence! Got it!? If I were to use an analogy, I'd turn to yeast! The root of all bread making!!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 9:34 PM
Pretty cool, thank you!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Odd Person
Maybe that is what the Sims world really looks like. Anything is possible with Sims. Good job.

'course not, sims world is completely flat, and none of their towns connect by roads or have airports, which is why town to town visiting is imposible!
This is what they think OUR world looks like. The knowledge sims want to study us. They are fascinated by us. Did you read the latest "LEtters home?" the titles to some of the philosophy classes...
"Who controls the pie menus and why"
Ha ha ha!!!

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe....Just breathe....
#10 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:42 PM
Beautiful work, thank you
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:42 PM
OH That's Awesome!!
Mesh Maestro
#12 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:58 PM
Very nice job and a good "object" idea...

Thanks for sharing it with us...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:22 PM
This looks cool from the picture... I'll have to try it out. This question begs the question: Do the Sims live in the same world we do? From the pictures, I can't tell: it almost looks like they have some different continents.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:31 PM
how cool is this! thanks for making a SimGlobe!
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:23 AM
Not the Earth Can you release a version that IS the earth?
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:34 AM
Bah you people. Accept nice object, if you want to request a DIFFERENT object do it in the request thread but please do not brow beat our creators!

Great object thank you, any ew deco items are more than welcome!!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:35 AM
Nice.

What 3D software do you use? I don't know about others, but in Max you can set it to a spherical UVW map which eliminates the stretched pixels you get with just a flat map.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
Bah you people. Accept nice object, if you want to request a DIFFERENT object do it in the request thread but please do not brow beat our creators!

Great object thank you, any ew deco items are more than welcome!!

I agree with Loverat. But nayway this si a wonderful object I cannot wait to have it in my game. Will go great with my school and offices. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:58 AM
This is such a nice addition... I just decorated two teens' bedrooms last night and wished I had something unique and decorative for a vacant spot on each desk... I didn't want to do the usual lamp... and now, you've given it to me! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 1:29 AM
Thank You, love this!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
...I can't build with 1.5 as I keep getting double ##'s - -arrghgh!! - so I'm waiting for a new tutorial - please!!) ... it HAS been processed by SimPE 1.5 and it's integrety fixed!.

3) It is NOT CEP eneabled.
(Sorry guys, (especially nemenor)

What you mean you keep getting double ##'s? You have to get the double ##'s, it's normal. The MeshTool tutorial wase based on an old version of SimPE (in the pics you see only 1 #), but don't worry about that.
And anyway, when you processed the package with v015, the double ## were correctly restored
BTW, now SimPE is come to v017.

Never mind for the color options: they are just... an option! :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by todd
Nice.

What 3D software do you use? I don't know about others, but in Max you can set it to a spherical UVW map which eliminates the stretched pixels you get with just a flat map.

I'm using Milkshape ... and now I've had more practice I know how to map the textures properly. This was an early attempt, and I now know what I did wrong. I just thought it looked OK-ish as it is, (and have moved on to more complicated things) .... it seemed a shame for it to just sit in my 'house of disasters' so I decided to post it. I might make a floating one like they sell in the Gadget Shop here in the UK .... hmmmm...

On another note, thank you Todd. Your beautiful ipod was what got me started. I had never used 3D software before, but your ipod gave me the inspiration to perciveer... it's been a steep learning curve, but a great one. Thanks again!

BobL
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 2:46 AM
Love this...sincere thanks!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 7:00 AM
Looks great im my Sims libraries. Thank you very much for adding to the wonderful array of new objects I'm collecting! Anything else we can pinch from your 'house of disasters'? :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:58 PM
Absolutely love it! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2