Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS WANTED: Novelty bed The Ipod UPDATE: added a non shiny version

by vindrus Posted 14th Feb 2005 at 5:12 AM - Updated 22nd Mar 2009 at 9:51 PM by -Maylin-

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 5:14 AM
CUTE!
I Love it!

TYVM!

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 11:08 AM
cool dling now thanks vindrus
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 11:13 AM
hehe thats neat!
Ice Princess
#5 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 11:16 AM
hahaha cute
Public Enema #2
#6 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 11:38 AM
put a computer and stereo system next to it and you have a THEME! :D
Inventor
#7 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:35 PM
Lol thats so imaginative. We need more original ideas like this lol.
Inventor
#8 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 3:58 PM
Okay I downloaded this but when I used it in my game somthing weird happened.....when I placed it in my house it was as if the middled of the bed was extruded upwardeds and if i moved it it left like a pixel trail. Does this make sence? lol. Has anyone else had a problem with this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 4:14 AM
PearDrops: Just went and tested it some on my system, and did not see either of these problems. even had my sims test it to see if any problems when sheets move. The only thing I can think of is does your computer have any problems with reflective items in Sims2? Since the Ipod has a shiny white surface, I gave the bed some reflection to try and simulate this.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 7:29 AM
There's a bed for my super-nerdy knowledge sims! Cool!
Inventor
#11 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 10:09 AM
vindrus: Well it's never hapened b4 to any other items. So I don't know.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 3:52 PM
Hi :howdy: Well I gave the bedding a good testing and this is what happened ... I'll add a snapshot because I can't explain what's going on.

I appreciate that this may not be the fault of the object, it could be my graphic card, or something concerning my game settings ... not sure which is at fault here. :confused: It's a cool item though (until my sim interacts with it) :Slap: lol.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 8:59 PM
vindrus; just to let you know I think the problem lies with my graphic card, since this strange effect has occured with 6 other bedding items and they do have shiny textures. I think I will hop over to the tech section and see if anyone has got any ideas.

*shoot* ... forgot to just click edit and add this to my last post, sorry :Slap:
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 9:03 PM
this looks so cool...great job
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sandyfootprints
Hi :howdy: Well I gave the bedding a good testing and this is what happened ... I'll add a snapshot because I can't explain what's going on.

I appreciate that this may not be the fault of the object, it could be my graphic card, or something concerning my game settings ... not sure which is at fault here. :confused: It's a cool item though (until my sim interacts with it) :Slap: lol.

sandyfootprints:
I am glad you added a screenshot since that is definately an unusual thing to happen to a bed. If you find out what the solution is please post it here because it might be of assistance to anyone having a similar problem. I know that PearDrops was having a problem as well.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 7:08 PM
Just a quick note, I have the same problem as sandy and pearl. I am running a GeForce 4 Ti4600 and have no problem with shiney skins on sims. I don't have any other beds that give me problems either so I'm kind of in dark on this one. Too bad too, cuz I think this is a really cute idea.
Inventor
#17 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:39 PM
Sandy that's the same thing that happened to me...It's weird cuz its never happened b4. I hope someone finds out the problem cuz I love this bed.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:49 PM
Sometimes the same thing happens to me with FENCES!!! Maxis fences.
U sually, what I do is to delete the fence and put it again. that works... It might work whith your bed.

Great job though...
Rib640
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 3:28 AM
Well I am not sure what is causing the problem, but I do have a potential solution for those having trouble. Within the next couple minutes I will add a second package to the original post in this thread, the Ipod bed without the shine. So if you have trouble with the shiny version use the non shiny one instead.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 3:30 AM
I love this. Very neat.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 5:55 PM Last edited by sandyfootprints : 20th Feb 2005 at 5:58 PM.
Thank you very much vindrus for adding a non shiny version. I've downloaded and given it a quick testing, and it is working perfectly for me. I can, now, appreciate this item to the fullest.

So, once again Thank You very much for taking time out to fix this problem.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 6:58 PM
The non-shiney one also works great for me. Thanks for taking the effort to make this for those of us having problems with the original.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 7:58 PM
Your Welcome!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:21 PM
Default Companion piece added
There is now an ipod trashcan available to go along with the bed. I have not added any extra shine to the trashcan so there should be no problems with it. To Download go to the following thread http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9148#post269148
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#25 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:29 AM
Creative, Unique and Diffrent...cool idea!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Page 1 of 2