Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:41 PM
Default Attn: Skinners - Let me convert your clothes to my bodytypes
Hi Gang,

I've been working on new "bodytypes" for sims in the game. So far, I've made a "Heroine" body for adult females and will be adding a few more bodytypes to my arsenal in the near future.

I find the clothes within the game to be quite boring (in the way that they are colored, etc). And, making new clothes to go with each new reshaped mesh that I come up with will take me a month. And, of course, I don't want to use other people's skins without permission (even though I did use one in my heroine mesh, but I did credit the original creator).

So, if you've made a skin that you would like to be available for download attached to one (or all) of my bodytypes, please let me know. If I've already done the mesh, I'll point you to it and you can do a quick conversion in bodyshop. If I haven't, I'll make the new mesh and put your clothes on it for distribution. (Fully crediting you for the original skin, of course).

I think that my creating new meshes this way will save me time in that I won't have to make my own graphics or spend all day trying to get permission to use someone else's skins. It'll also end up bringing us better quality skins from the git-go. And, it'll help make sure that the more "in-demand" clothes meshes are done first.

So, all you skinners - point me to your skins so I can download them and start applying them to my new bodytype(s).

If you would like to request a new bodytype - click here.

To see my heroine bodytype (and the meshes that have already been converted to that type) - click here.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 6:05 PM
I should point out that these bodytypes really only work with "one piece" outfits. If we do a "just skirt" mesh, then the modified shape in the abdomen/hip area won't match up properly with the "top" skin. Eventually, I'm going to experiment with combinations of tops and bottoms from that section and make them into one-piece meshes, but I'd like to get a nice selection of ones that are already one-piece meshes before I branch out into that avenue of exploration.

X.