Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: 'Floating' model of the moon ...

by boblishman Posted 18th Feb 2005 at 6:00 PM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 6:16 PM
this is really cool. I am wondering tho, where is the globe? They look wonderful, but I have not seen the globe before. Thanks for your help, talent, and creativity! karrsareus
Mesh Maestro
#3 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 6:35 PM
It worked well in my game... looks nice... Thanks for sharing your work
Screenshots

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 6:37 PM
Sweet. I enjoy your stuff. I'm glad to test for you.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 7:30 PM
Yeah, Now I'll have a matching set for my study!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 7:40 PM
Very cool :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:47 AM
Thanks, I love your objects!
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 10:47 AM
looks great thankyou
The ModFather
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Numenor : 19th Feb 2005 at 11:09 AM.
Boblishman, to create recolour packages for cloned objects you should use the latest SimPE v.018. But it will work only if the cloned object is colour enabled

As for choosing Procedure A or B, the rule of thumb is:
if your new object uses the same textures of the original object (i.e. you have UV remapped the old texture on the new mesh), choose Procedure B. If your new object uses a custom texture, use procedure A.

In this case, you have cloned the Chine Vase, that uses different textures (and anyway, Procedure B is suitable only if the new object is similar in shape and functions to the original). So the only option is Procedure A.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Boblishman, to create recolour packages for cloned objects you should use the latest SimPE v.018. But it will work only if the cloned object is colour enabled

As for choosing Procedure A or B, the rule of thumb is:
if your new object uses the same textures of the original object (i.e. you have UV remapped the old texture on the new mesh), choose Procedure B. If your new object uses a custom texture, use procedure A.

In this case, you have cloned the Chine Vase, that uses different textures (and anyway, Procedure B is suitable only if the new object is similar in shape and functions to the original). So the only option is Procedure A.

Thanks Numenor ... you're always so kind in helping me out!!... I'll download v0.18 and have a look....and try proceedure A ... thanks again!
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karrsareus
this is really cool. I am wondering tho, where is the globe? They look wonderful, but I have not seen the globe before. Thanks for your help, talent, and creativity! karrsareus

you can find it here....

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...highlight=globe
#12 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:40 PM
Awesome work, thank you
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 5:12 PM
I have this one; looks great! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:59 PM
That's awesome, but what happens if you have the EP and you use something that's not EP ready? Will it, like, break it?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 3:55 AM
Hey Bob, great objects. As usual. Keep up the great work.

Please join us at the Gay Sims Club 2 forums. Where you will find discussions and links to great Content for the Sims 2!
The Gay Sims Club 2
#16 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 7:56 AM
Hey Bob, great objects. As usual. Keep up the great work.

#17 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 8:59 AM
Very nice......Thanks friend.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:51 PM
It is very wonderful. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 1:54 PM
Beautiful, thank :nod:

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)