Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden Rock

by WesHowe Posted 22nd Feb 2005 at 3:21 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:53 PM by wes_h : added a screenshot from the sunny side, too

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 3:24 PM
thank youm, very useful!1 but could you make a version that's a little less.. brown?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:37 PM
I hate to be critical, but those brown "rocks" look more like something my horses would leave lying around in the pasture
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:44 PM
Well, you can't please all the people.
Rocks come in lots of colors.
Mine here are brown.
Anyone that thinks they can do better, should. You're welcome to recolor these to suit your own tastes.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:55 PM
Haha, the brown is a little scary! But I do love the model! Is it okay if I do a grey recolour?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missrer
Haha, the brown is a little scary! But I do love the model! Is it okay if I do a grey recolour?

You're welcome to take this and recolor it. It would be even better if you then shared the recolor with everyone else here.
Courtesy would have you credit me for the original, but I'll even waive that.
Someone in another thread wanted some rocks, so I made some, since no one else had yet.
They're just rocks... not an artwork.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 9:39 PM
it looks like dookie maybe a little more grayish but uts pretty good
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 9:45 PM
Thank you, wes. I've missed all the ground objects we had in the original Sims, and thanks to you and others we are now seeing these in our Sims 2 game. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Whenever cannibals are on the brink of starvation, Heaven, in its infinite mercy, sends them a nice plump missionary..........Oscar Wilde
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:02 PM
lol! it looks like burn pop corn!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:14 PM
Thank you Wes, your effort is appreciated.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:16 PM
Thanks for making those rocks, Wes. I appreciate it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:22 PM
Thank you wes!

They are something that no one else would go out of their way to make, it's much appreciated, you're a star xx
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 12:23 AM
Actually, when you throw some flowers around them, using moveObjects on, they look very good. and Yes, I too would love to see them in gray, white-ish and dark gray with moss. Oj-kay -- so I am never satisfied. Wes, are you going to update your fences?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 12:33 AM
Thank you, wes_h!!! These will go great in my maize!!!

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 12:37 AM Last edited by cherrece : 23rd Feb 2005 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Typo
I just love the rocks, wes! That would have to be one of my fave things, love to do the landscaping in the Sims...but in the real world... :yech: Forget it!!!

TY 4 Sharing....All The Best To You.
Cherrece
"The Hand that Rocks the Craddle...Rules the Nation"
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 12:44 AM
Thanks for these! Anything to make the landscaping look more interesting is good. Nice work!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 1:55 AM
Thank you!!!!! Those look great....are you plaining on making some more? I wish I could mesh (still trying :lol) So I'm very thankful you shared these and are allowing people to re-color!!!

Ignore the comments about the color...I mean look at some of the stuff Maxis makes...and they charge a ton of money!!!!!!!!

thank you again!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:18 AM
it looks like poop
no offence
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:21 AM
Sehnsucht. If you dont like this download ther is no reason what so ever to comment on it. Some people like certain things and others dont. Please dont put down a person who has done alot of wonderful things for this site. If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all. Good job Wes!
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
Sehnsucht. If you dont like this download ther is no reason what so ever to comment on it. Some people like certain things and others dont. Please dont put down a person who has done alot of wonderful things for this site. If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all. Good job Wes!

no i didnt mean to insult him i just thought it was funny, well it does look kinda like poop, but i mean i give that guy credit cuz he must be really smart cuz i cant make **** for the sims lol.
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:36 AM
wes_h cannot make '****' for the Sims.

He can make nice and clever objects for the sims.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:37 AM
Don't you hate it when someone says "No offense" and the proceeds to debase something that youv'e said or done. Yeah, me too.
If you don't like it don't download it.
Wes_h: I don't know why people are complaining, some people like to make the meshes while others like to re-colour.
Anyway these look awesome and are working for me without any problems in-game. Thank you so much for sharing.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heids
Don't you hate it when someone says "No offense" and the proceeds to debase something that youv'e said or done. Yeah, me too.
If you don't like it don't download it.
Wes_h: I don't know why people are complaining, some people like to make the meshes while others like to re-colour.
Anyway these look awesome and are working for me without any problems in-game. Thank you so much for sharing.

for gos sake, all i said was it kinda looked like poop! i never said i didnt like it!
but wes i think you did a great job, keep up the good work!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:43 AM
Too right Heids =)

I luv my new rocks!! Thanks Wes darl =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:14 AM
Well, you guys can see what you want, but that first rock looks kind of like a cute floppy ear rabbit to me.. It is a bit like clouds, you can see whatever you want in them, it all depends on how you look at it.

Great rocks Wes.

DS

"Just one more download. I promise!"
Page 1 of 3