Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change max slope value **Update Dec 14, 05**

by boatnana Posted 26th Feb 2005 at 8:36 AM - Updated 29th Dec 2005 at 3:46 PM by boatnana : re upload files

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:20 PM
Thanks I will try this out today. Just a matter of interest, in which neighbourhood did you place this lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 4:15 PM
Hi motherspet, It is a neighborhood I created called Goth Crest. If you like it, you can get it at my yahoo group. Thanks for trying out my file!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group...rrainsAndStuff/
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:28 AM
I just wanted to take the time to thank you SO much for this! I downloaded a custom neighborhood that I love, but I was disappointed that I couldn't build as many houses on it as I had thought. Now with this I have a LOT more places that I can build! I can also finally have that haunted mansion on a hillside now!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:10 PM
:yippee: Tralah, I am so glad you tried my file and like it! It does make the game more fun, I think, to be able to place more houses.

Thanks for your kind words,
Mary
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 6:31 AM
We looked at this file in the game and wondered if it could be edited this way.... thanks for taking the time to let us know it can be done! We really needed this in one of our hoods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 2:25 AM Last edited by boatnana : 10th Mar 2005 at 2:26 AM. Reason: typo
You're very welcome, MicBri.
#8 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:11 PM
Dumb question, but would this change the Sims' ability to get around? Are they smart enough to be able to walk up the bigger hills, stuff like that?
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:32 AM Last edited by JDonahue : 18th Mar 2005 at 12:35 AM.
Well, quite frankly, I enjoyed it. But, here's the catch.

I have found out that you can change max lot sloping even higher when you go into the neighberhood.

This part here:

Quote:
[LotPlopTunables]
; If the neighborhood terrain slope within the area going to be occupied by the lot is greater than this, then, lot plop
; get disallowed. The angle is in degrees and is measured between the points having the highest and lowest elevations in the
; lot area.
MaxLotSlope=(##.#) #20.0

is I believe is where you have altered the value, enabling more space for lots.

Here, you have entered the value of 40.0 and the # before the 20.0
I have tested this, and found ways to put your lots on steeper terrain. Where the ##.# is, I entered 89.9. During tests, if I entered anything higher than this, I can't place any lots on any area of the neighberhood.

So, how to make your maximum of your space, enter the value (DON'T INCLUDE THE PERENTESIS as I've put them there to point where you change the value) 89.9. this puts the maximum slope at 89.9 degrees, where it is almost vertigo. It will alter the terrain, but at least I can make more cliff-side houses with a nice view. the problem is, that you need to put decking to support your house and lots of moduler stairs to allow access to differn't parts of the house. But anyways, because of this, I can now make more unique houses.

Now, my other wish, how do I create lots bigger than 5x5? But anyways, this gives me the freedom to put houses where I can't before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 3:26 AM
Quix, I haven't noticed any change in game play. The Sims act as usual.

JDonahue, kudos to you! I offer to change the file to higher values if people wish, i haven't tried out any higher than the 40% though. I play the game so little now adays (getting ready to have a baby on the 30th), the 40% was good enough for me. Thanks for the info! :D
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 10:02 AM
Oh, the one I mentioned in Building forum =D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 3:25 PM
This should come in handy...the slope problem was quite a pain!! Thanks for sharing.
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:43 PM
bah! I refuse to back up anything! Live fast, die young, don't be afraid to play with fire, etc...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th May 2005 at 6:41 AM
Thanks so much. I wanted this so bad... :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:33 PM
I knew I had seen this information somewhere! Thank you for the information
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 4:07 PM
Great idea.
Thanx!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:20 AM
Change these values in neighborhood.ini

MaxLotSlope=70.0

SmoothingTalusAngle=45.0

NumberOfSmoothingPasses=16

What happens is the terrain doesn't get heavy modified (unless slope is more than 45 degrees) and lots are still placeable, as an added bonues the land gets more realistic smoothing.

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GunMod
Change these values in neighborhood.ini

MaxLotSlope=70.0

SmoothingTalusAngle=45.0

NumberOfSmoothingPasses=16

What happens is the terrain doesn't get heavy modified (unless slope is more than 45 degrees) and lots are still placeable, as an added bonues the land gets more realistic smoothing.

Thanks for this new info. it works great!

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Inventor
#19 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 7:35 PM
Aww kool thanks for sharing!
#20 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 7:27 AM
This sounds like a great hack and I'd love to try it, but for some reason I don't have an EA games file in my program files folder. I can't get to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Sys..... help me!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 5:04 PM Last edited by boatnana : 14th Dec 2005 at 5:31 PM.
Sheesh, I really should check my own thread more :screwy: :err:

Thanks GunMod for the info, I will give that a try!

PLease note that I have edited my original post with an update to the files.

NDLeona, when you click to open your program files folder, does it say "These files are hidden, would you like to view them?", click that link and it should make the folders available.

If not open My Computer, at the top click on Tools/folder options
Click the view tab in the folder options window that pops up, then "show hidden files and folders", then apply.

I hope that works for you, if not, maybe someone can help.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 8:07 PM
I can't download this, it says it's not on the server. Help, please, I need this! (unless someone knows a better way to fix the problem of not being able to place a lot - even where it had already been placed)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 8:43 PM
Hi xaphania, I am not sure why... I am not able to download it either. Maybe I messed up the upload. I will check it out. In the meantime, you can get the file at my yahoo group, if you want, here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group...rrainsAndStuff/

It will be in files/game mods

Hope that helps ya! :O)
Mary/boatnana
Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 3:21 PM
On Thursday, December 29, 2005 @ 9:12 a.m. Central Standard Time (GMT-6) the two downloads above gave me an error and said that they were not for download. I'd really like to get this installed in my game. I think i tried it bout before but didn't realize I was supposed to place it in all game folders, TS2 & Uni, plus I have now added NL to my game collection. I cannot find the files on my hard drive where I downloaded them before, I must have deleted them, so I'm very interested in downloading these files. Screenshots of the error messages I received attached.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 3:47 PM
ok, I re-uploaded the files. :nod:
Hope that works for you guys now, Mary
Page 1 of 2