Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Desktop Picture plus clutter

by Dr Pixel Posted 1st Mar 2005 at 9:40 PM - Updated 18th Nov 2008 at 12:13 PM by Dr Pixel

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:48 PM
Wonderful!! Will download right away... (can't say when I will have time to test it but I'm looking forward to it )
#3 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:48 PM
wow , thats amazing. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:55 PM
i really like that, but i dont have SimPE, (i did, but didnt know how to use it) would you be able to like an 'avatar set' cuz i would really like my avatar in one of those with a blue mug with a red heart on it
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:58 PM
Awesome I love it.... Even though I may not know them who cares.. my sims may
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 11:18 PM
Really cool idea Dr Pixel! The personalizing option is a real nice touch!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:21 AM
:bow: You rock! Thank you Dr. Pixel!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:36 AM
:howdy: thanks a lot for this great piece of work,

I just put it in my game (after personalizing it), and it worked fine.

The only problem I ran into is not related to your object, but SimPE (or me, or both of us :D): when I re-import my customized texture it still looks ok, but as soon as I make my package the picture is kinda ruined. I wonder if it's the SimPE version (although I used 3 or 4 versions to test this now, and all did the same to my pic). Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Are there any specifications for the pic I re-import except it being a png-file? I had the same thing happen when I tried to create other recolors - the texture gets... well, blurry, and if I used a photo, it's even worse. :confused: Since both your original file with the pic and the recolor are looking ok, there must be something I'm doing wrong .

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:44 AM
It looks great, thank you. I'll test it tonight.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 3:57 AM
Nice work. Thank you. :3
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:53 AM
damned cool
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didi_sim
:howdy: thanks a lot for this great piece of work,

I just put it in my game (after personalizing it), and it worked fine.

The only problem I ran into is not related to your object, but SimPE (or me, or both of us :D): when I re-import my customized texture it still looks ok, but as soon as I make my package the picture is kinda ruined. I wonder if it's the SimPE version (although I used 3 or 4 versions to test this now, and all did the same to my pic). Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Are there any specifications for the pic I re-import except it being a png-file? I had the same thing happen when I tried to create other recolors - the texture gets... well, blurry, and if I used a photo, it's even worse. :confused: Since both your original file with the pic and the recolor are looking ok, there must be something I'm doing wrong .

I am assuming you are importing/exporting the largest size image, clicking "update all sizes" and then commit before saving.

Try right-click on the image in SimPE, and use Build DXT

If that line is greyed-out, you must first install DDS Utilities from here:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/...ture_tools.html

And then go to the Extra/Options menu in SimPE and indicate the folder where it was installed.

Now, use that option instead of the regular "Import"

It will open a window with some settings and an empty box -
Use "open" first to find your pic, then the only setting I change is the one that says "Sharpen" I set to "None", then click [build] and your pic is imported.

If it still looks bad, try again with other settings.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:38 PM
thanks a lot, that was bugging me for some time now... I'm pretty new to recoloring sims stuff, and I haven't used such software in years - so every day new and strange things happen; at least that problem is solved for now, the extra settings are great. :D

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:59 PM
thanks you a lot
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:00 PM
thanks you a lot
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:48 AM
thanks I have been waiting for more usless stuff its the best.. I love the pics any chance you will be making some more recolors maybe some with pics of sims in them ( my sims don't know real people exist) lol
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:03 AM
Wow! Great job. You should see my closet, I have a love for shoes. So many shoes and shoe boxes. Would be nice to have shoes and shoe boxes as deco items to put in my walk in closet. Hint Hint
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:07 AM
Great Work Dr Pixel, Love it :smile:
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:46 AM
Absolutely wonderful... immediately personalized with my husband's pic and my minute maid lemonaid can. Great fun and a truly great clutter object!

LOVE IT!

:lion:
Deedee
Screenshots
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:15 PM
Thanks so much for sharing :howdy: great work
Forum Resident
#21 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:34 AM
OoOoOo you've done a really terrific job on these, Thanks you so much Dr Pixel, I love it.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 11:28 AM
Nearly every single sim I visited the last days got your Deskpic. They love it - works fine! (A desk without a mug isn't really used, what do you think? )
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:06 PM
Cool! Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 1:41 AM
Dr. Pixel thanks so much for the recolor with the sim in it, hopefully my sims wont be going crazy as often now..lol : ) hugs
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 2:43 AM
This is way so cool.... We saw this before but didnt relize you could change the pics. Great work
Thanks
Page 1 of 2