Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Baby Bottle - Choose Your Default Colour

by Loverat Posted 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:29 PM - Updated 6th Nov 2008 at 2:06 AM by Canoodle

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:35 PM
YAY!!, Thanks been wanting this, Thanks Loverat
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:41 PM
thank you loverat, i am with you on the icky green bottle color.

Apparently, the knight in shining armor who was supposed to sweep me off of my feet got lost in the woods.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:01 PM
Damn you Loverat... I love you!!!! I have *always* hated that nassy camel spit green thing!!! I mean, who actually has that revolting color for a babay bottle??? Thank you!!! :bow:
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:18 AM Last edited by Random : 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:23 AM.
Thank you Loverat, these are great! I know, one per customer. I'll take the white please..ty

rsn
"The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin."
– Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:09 PM Last edited by the evil writer : 8th Mar 2005 at 3:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat

This next part is in caps: ALL THE PACKAGES ARE NAMED THE SAME BECAUSE YOU MAY ONLY HAVE ONE COLOUR BABY BOTTLE. If you choose black, for example, all baby bottles in your game will be black.

This was true of the first game too, so it makes sense. So...do you suppose we could do the same with diapers? I ask because the Sims 1 equivelent of diapers - the baby sleepers- worked the same way as the bottles; you could only use one at a time.

Edit: Nevermind. If you clone the diaper there's no image file to edit. Oh well.
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 9:03 PM
I want a red baby bottle *sniffle..
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 4:43 AM
Oh, I really love your blue bottle. Thanks very much. You made me so happy. :clap:
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#9 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:28 AM
Don't believe a word she said. All we do is party all day long. And I am sweet and kind and good.

Please wait for the bucket to be passed to you before vomitting. Thank you very much.

RG
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 10:31 PM
do you think you could post pictures of the other colours?
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:32 PM
yeah the bottles are nasty thanks *next job=sim puke LOL*
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 7:46 PM
Loverat' Thank you very much for looking into changing the bottle, it will be a pleasure to have a new colour other than that awefull green one :D
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 7:58 PM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!! I hated that nasty green bottle!
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 3:48 PM
Great idea! Unfortunely it doesn't show up in my game. The bottle is still green, not pink. Did i do something wrong? Help!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 8:02 PM
the white one is working for me and I was very very pleased that it also changed the color of my buyable "bottomless feeding bottle" that I got at http://www.simlogical.com/

Forum Resident
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 8:51 PM
Ah, poor Loverat...I really don't understand why Maxis didn't just make the damn bottle white to begin with. Clear bottles with milk in them look white. In fact I think most of the bottles I know of are mostly white. So yeah, I'll use the white! Hehe. Thank you Loverat.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 9:23 PM
Love it, Thnaks!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 1:02 AM
I took the white and I love it. Thank you very much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 1:10 AM
thanks muchly, i always thought green was ikk too... i went with the white
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 5:37 PM
Help! Does anyone have any idea why my bottle is still green even though I put the white bottle in my downloads folder?????
Alchemist
#21 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dsczerby
Help! Does anyone have any idea why my bottle is still green even though I put the white bottle in my downloads folder?????

This override bottle package is in it's subfolder. Did you take this bottle package out of it's subfolder into my documents/ea games/the sims 2/downloads folder?
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 7:29 AM
WOW! I am totally in loveee with this thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:06 PM
Thank you pfish, I really am at a loss as to why it doesn't show up in the game. I don't have any sub-folders in my downloads. Any other ideas???
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:12 PM
When I download a .rar file it shows up already unzipped as a .rar file unlike the zip files which I have to manualy unzip which becomes a .package file. I am still confused. I have many files in my downloads which are identified as .rar files verses .package files. Some show up in the game and some don't. like the baby bottle.
Please help the confused!! Me LOL
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 12:44 AM
dsczerby, if you don't have a program that unzips .rar files then that could be your problem.

btw, I keep this in a subfolder in my downloads folder and it works just fine.
Page 1 of 3