Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: University Shop At Home Collection. *update 3/5/05*

by saramkirk Posted 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:20 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2008 at 1:22 PM by -Maylin-

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Firestarter
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:25 AM
This looks great. Thanks :D

I'm wondering if we can edit the usercheat file to make the bool cheat always on?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:29 AM Last edited by saramkirk : 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon

I'm wondering if we can edit the usercheat file to make the bool cheat always on?

I don't think so. It's lot specific. I had it turned on, then went to a community lot, and when I came back "home" (to the dorm), Build Mode was disabled again.

Carrigon, were you the one who made the career reward/aspiration reward item collection? I'm killing myself trying to do it! Any suggestions?

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Firestarter
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:34 AM
Unfortunately, that was o_O's hack and I honestly don't know how to do it the way SimPE is now. o_O used a Hex editor and I don't have one on my system anymore. I'm not even sure exactly how he did it. And he's disappeared, so I can't even ask. Clone the stuff if you have to. That's what I'm planning on doing.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:38 AM
/me demands cloned cow plants!!

Thanks for this - even though I don't get the EP for another 4 days here its nice that I will be sorted out in advance =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:43 AM
Unfortunately, that was o_O's hack and I honestly don't know how to do it the way SimPE is now. o_O used a Hex editor and I don't have one on my system anymore. I'm not even sure exactly how he did it. And he's disappeared, so I can't even ask. Clone the stuff if you have to. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Oh, yes, I remember now.

I'll work on it some more. It's frustrating trying to find things when files have changed.

Loverat... I'm trying. :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:26 PM
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:30 PM
This is great, was hoping someone would do this. Thanks.

Now if we could just get those cafeteria ladies to come work in residential lots lol.

Oh, I don't know if anyone else noticed but testingcheatsenabled has been updated and you can use it to give your sims a cell phone among other things.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motoki
This is great, was hoping someone would do this. Thanks.

Now if we could just get those cafeteria ladies to come work in residential lots lol.

Oh, I don't know if anyone else noticed but testingcheatsenabled has been updated and you can use it to give your sims a cell phone among other things.

Yes, I did notice that. It's great! I was afraid the cheat might be disabled or something. I use it so much that I would miss it a lot more than most hacks, as great as they are. Actually, having this cheat is the only thing keeping my students alive right now, since I'm playing hack-free.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:17 PM
You know what would be really, really, really awesome? If someone could make a 'collection' of the new objects in university, and pack them up for the people who refuse to buy university. I want the treadmill, but I refuse to pay $40 for an expansion pack that adds elements to the game that are thoroughly unimpressive, and is a quarter of the size of a game. I'd have gladly paid $15 or $20 for it, but there's no way in heck that I'm going to pay Maxis for bloated heads and rip-off practices. They need to make an EP called "Addicts R Us" or something...
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:14 PM
Thank you so much for this! :D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:30 PM
Silly question, but will these objects work for us Atlantically-challenged individuals who still have to wait over a week to get the expansion? I know things like the mobile phone won't, because we won't have the pie-menu, but will some of the other things work? Don't want to install it and then crash my game and have to reinstall or anything.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:32 PM
Good gravy, when did you have time to do this?!?!?

Thanks...this will be my 2nd Uni download, and I don't have the it yet...probably tomorrow. It's been a little cold to take my babygirl out in the weather lately...
Instructor
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
Silly question, but will these objects work for us Atlantically-challenged individuals who still have to wait over a week to get the expansion? I know things like the mobile phone won't, because we won't have the pie-menu, but will some of the other things work? Don't want to install it and then crash my game and have to reinstall or anything.

No it won't. These aren't the objects themselves, but a collection folder that allows you to access them if you already have them. If you don't I'm guessing it won't show anything or just the regular TS2 objects if there are any in the collection.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:47 PM
Gnostic Dreamer -- Making a community-to-residential collection takes 5 minutes. Seriously. You add some items to a collection, exit the game, open the file in SimPE, change the word "communitylotcollection" into "collection" and that's it. When I saw that he Espressor Bar and other useful objects were not in the residential catalog, I had to do something about it.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:05 PM
I tested this just a bit ago. Everything works wonderfully! Thank you for sharing this and your instructions on installing custom collections in general. Fine job.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:08 PM

Hey Carrigon,

Unless I'm wrong, I noticed yesterday when I played my game (turned on the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and saved the game with it turned on, the next time I started up the game, it was still on and I didn't even have to type it all in again, I'll be playing it again shortly and I'll confirm whether or not this is true.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
Gnostic Dreamer -- Making a community-to-residential collection takes 5 minutes. Seriously. You add some items to a collection, exit the game, open the file in SimPE, change the word "communitylotcollection" into "collection" and that's it. When I saw that he Espressor Bar and other useful objects were not in the residential catalog, I had to do something about it.

How long would it take to package up the objects themselves? Is it even possible? I really want the treadmill, but can't stand the idea of paying $40 for it.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:49 PM
Er, wouldn't that be a bit like theft? Its Maxis' product and it is their right to set the price for thier product.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silentthunder19
How long would it take to package up the objects themselves? Is it even possible? I really want the treadmill, but can't stand the idea of paying $40 for it.

This is not possible. Official Maxis downloads are not permitted here anyway. So, don't bother asking for this.

DDO
Instructor
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:22 PM
Thank you so much for doing this, I played 3 hours last night and 4 hours today and I still have not gone to a community lot. I was so busy trying to get the first one to graduate. Now I can get her a cell phone.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:29 PM
thank u very much :-)
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:31 AM
Thank you sooooo very much! You were quick on this! hehe I'm happy you did this because it would be a pain to have to keep going to a community lot to re-buy handheld games since when toddlers go to kids you can "give" them one then you have to go and replace it! hehe
Instructor
#24 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 8:33 PM
I hate to ask, but I'm going to anyhow! hehe The next time you want to update this could you pretty please, with sugar on top, enable the Urbz game to show?
#25 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 2:14 AM
Can sims work as a barista?
Page 1 of 5