Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bloody bathroom floor tiles by drcolossus

by drcolossus Posted 5th Mar 2005 at 6:14 AM

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 11:15 PM
Very beautiful, now we only need a bloody bath and bathwater. REDRUM!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:25 AM
i am so very much in love with this. how on earth did you get the bloodsplatter to turn out so nicely??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:53 AM
shokroklove there are many grunge/splatter Photoshop brush sets available for free on the net and I'm having a large collection of them now. These brushes can be used like stamps on an image. With that you get those splatter forms very easiliy.
However it takes some trying and choosing the right brushes as not all fit well for this purpose.
Also the bigger splats have a more darker red in the middle. This was done by using two layers of the same brushes and remove everything on that layer except the spots where deeper red should appear and then using a different blend mode (i think color burn) on that layer.
Not sure if you have a good understanding of Photoshop but that basically how to do it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 12:44 AM
yes! dare I say it??? DOOM 3!!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 3:15 AM
This is bloody wicked! Is it possible to take away the blue thingy on top of the wall tile? (just pure white..) By the way, thank you! I love it!!
#7 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 2:58 PM
cool..this looks like the bathroom in the movie.."SAW"...wicked...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drcolossus
shokroklove there are many grunge/splatter Photoshop brush sets available for free on the net and I'm having a large collection of them now. These brushes can be used like stamps on an image. With that you get those splatter forms very easiliy.
However it takes some trying and choosing the right brushes as not all fit well for this purpose.
Also the bigger splats have a more darker red in the middle. This was done by using two layers of the same brushes and remove everything on that layer except the spots where deeper red should appear and then using a different blend mode (i think color burn) on that layer.
Not sure if you have a good understanding of Photoshop but that basically how to do it.

I got what you're saying. Not many people would, though... Nice effect
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 5:00 PM
wow i love it and i love the walls, so cool dont no how u done it, but cool u did cheers
#10 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 8:30 PM
it dose look like the floors in the movie saw
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 1:26 PM
thats from the movie Saw..... thats awsome
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 2:45 PM
Za Doktor have been "working" lately ;-)

Thx for sharing!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scottishmoondreamer
cool..this looks like the bathroom in the movie.."SAW"...wicked...

I was thinking Silent Hill, but it does look like the bathroom in Saw. I downloaded a very good Heather look-alike from SH3, so these would be perfect for the bathroom in her house. I've one question, though. You said they're just the dirty tiles from University with some blood added. So, by that I'm guessing non-Uni gamers (like myself) cannot use these?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 7:58 PM
I was thinking silent hill myself. great job! i MUST download this.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 2:14 PM
This is really good it reninds me a film what is it again, oh yeah saw. This is really cool thanks for this.
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 5:25 PM
You know, This will look wicked in 'JTHM's' house. Or any other Homicidal Maniac's house for that matter.
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 7:09 PM
Very nice Blood Good Work
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 4:43 PM
Half Life!!! lol
#19 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:56 AM
Default Coooool.......
:omg: Wow that is disturbing! But it looks great! Nice Job!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:59 PM
Creepy.................
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:47 PM
Wow
Nice work. Looks like Postal 2. :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 7:53 AM Last edited by JaroxMX : 28th Apr 2005 at 7:55 AM. Reason: RE:
lol is like silent hill the room or Saw Movie, nice work
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 10:44 AM
cheers for these...my boyf will love em! he's working on some kind of freaky castle dungeon (oh, my neighbourhoods goin downhill *sob!*)

nicely done tho - it looks like you must have some painting/texturing experience? cos these are very realistic
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 10:16 PM
PERFECT for my zombie town, thanks! :D

We're the reflection of imperfection, we come from the infinite place of limitation...
Page 1 of 4