Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: ***DISTURBING*** Pile of Rotting Carnage UPDATED

by bootsbrisket Posted 8th Mar 2005 at 12:45 PM - Updated 31st Oct 2008 at 9:13 AM by -Maylin-

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 12:55 PM
eeewww....cool though and very nice mesh and texture
excellent for the 'monster' in us and our sims lol
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 12:57 PM
lol excellent! something to store in the corner of the basement! beautiful work dude
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:17 PM
kinda shiny, but great for my kid's room
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:18 PM Last edited by psyckotic : 8th Mar 2005 at 1:24 PM.
Thats disgusting !!! but i love it :D
It could be fun with some flies...
Can I edit your package to add this effect ?

so many poly crash my SimPE 3d preview :confused:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:32 PM
psyckotic - Sure, I initially wanted flies, but I couldn't find a way to make them look convincing. If you can make some flies that look fairly realistic, go right ahead!
Sorry to hear about the SimPE 3D Preview crash. I generally just look at objects in Milkshape, so I didn't know it would crash the SimPE 3d preview. So long as it doesn't crash the game . . . fingers crossed.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:48 PM
bootsbrisket, you have officially earned the rank of 'Evil Genius' in my book. If you have any morals left, get rid of them and make more shocking objects! I love your work!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 2:10 PM
This is just perfect for several sets of blood splattered walls I'v downloaded. looks like another 5 star item from the great boots!
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 2:13 PM
i like i cant wait for more but im sick in the head like that
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 2:27 PM
Ewww! :p

I mean eww in a good way. If i said it was amazing i dont htink it would have the same effect Good Good work.. maybe next you could make hand (out the adams family) coz hes cute ^_^
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:31 PM
I can't add an effect it needs a bone to assign an effect, i suggest u to make the object from diaper or ashes or the better would be garbage.

I have some freeze with more than 10000 faces in navigation lot.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:40 PM
This will look really perfect placed around the Cow Plant.

Please join us at the Gay Sims Club 2 forums. Where you will find discussions and links to great Content for the Sims 2!
The Gay Sims Club 2
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:40 PM
This is sick, disgusting and foul.

...I love it! Downloading now!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:27 PM
gross!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 7:47 PM Last edited by psyckotic : 10th Mar 2005 at 2:27 AM.
I made a mistake... there is no need bone. I don't know how but the game create is own bone for the fx resource_cres... :confused:

Anyway I completely remake the package based on the diaper, so i add a flies and a fresh hot rot smoke effect...

It help me a lot on how works effects...

I leave you the pleasure of remove all wasty place files and place the object where you want in the catalogue.

Notice: when you start an object try with the same number of tiles
You start with bar object (2 tiles) to make a 1 tile object.

just test&see :D

*package removed - go to first post*
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 7:51 PM
Oh wow, you just keep on making more and more wonderfully grotesque items dont you bootsbrisket? lol I love it, thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 9:20 PM
Haha...very tasteful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:31 PM Last edited by bootsbrisket : 8th Mar 2005 at 11:54 PM.
Thanks Psyckotic! You're the greatest. I included your flies version above. I gave it a unique GUID so that both versions would work, and a few minor changes. The object can't be deleted from within the game or cleaned up by a Sim. I assume that's because the cleaning up option is referencing the original diaper.
The reason I used the two-tiled retro bar object to start with and then made it a one-tiled object is because it came with tons of material definition files to play with - I didn't have to add or import material definition files and assign them (I haven't had much luck with that - guess I'm missing a step somewhere.)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 1:55 AM
Yep! it's definately gross but I'm still gonna download it. LOL
It'll look great in a real spooky Halloween House. Thanx
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 3:16 AM
Oh that's nasty!
Thank you for making it!
#21 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 3:20 AM
Looks tasty.. =P
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 4:19 AM
Hideous. I love it!
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 4:33 AM
hey, another great, gory download from bootsbrisket... thank you for all your work -- you make my game so much cooler and scarier.

If I may ask -- since you seem like the person to be the ask -- I've been hoping since I first saw the practice-surgery reward object that someone would mod it look a bit more like one was operating on a real person... or corpse for that matter. I realize that would probably be a ton of work, but just in case the idea is feasable and sounds interesting to you, I thought I'd try and put the idea in your head. ^_^

I read too much Lovecraft!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 5:13 AM
absolutely rocking...i love it

Sailing the seas of gothic cheese
Public Enema #2
#25 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 8:37 AM
why is it i read "***DISTURBING*** Pile of Rotting Carnage " and emediatly BootBrisket jumped to my mind?

Im terrified to think what Lovecraftian horrors Boot's has made that may be to over the top to upload here :D
Page 1 of 5