Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Recolourable* Holy Smoke modular stairs

by Numenor Posted 12th Mar 2005 at 9:28 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2007 at 10:59 PM by Numenor : Fixed in-text images

143 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 137 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 9:33 PM
I'm so excited that this has been at least partially figured out! *Hugs*
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 10:26 PM
Numenor you are the best!! Thank You!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 10:36 PM Last edited by Numenor : 12th Mar 2005 at 11:22 PM.
Now it's your turn... I want to see the best recolours ever! Wooden stairs, "optical" style... I know that the mesh has quite a modern style, but let's try and make someting suitable for more "classical" houses: I'm tired of the traditional stairs, that occupies half of the livingroom!

EDIT:
As for one, this is my contribution: a completely semi-transparent glass staircase. You'll find the package for download in post #1.
Screenshots

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 11:50 PM
thank you thank you thanky you
it's the most important download for me, as i used this stair most of all.
i'm not able to make recolors, but be willing to test whatever you want ;o)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 12:34 AM
Great!!! Big big compliment!!! Tomorrow I will try some recolors... :-)

Lucifer´s Angel
Mesh Maestro
#7 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 12:50 AM
Excelent work.. I agree the "holy smokes" stairs are by far the best in the game... I lie the transparant recolor you did... I spend a lot of time in the MMAT files so I have an extra admiration for your work...
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 12:58 AM
Thank for these..Cool I will try this too soon. And thank you so much for you and Rgiles for creating the better SimPE 29b. It is so much nicer fixed my granfather clocks etc. But the glass colors did not work so they are gone. Can you make me new ones in the rose and golden and an orange transparent colors angain. Thank you so much.
How come I can go into to the beta recolor sections now? I am not uploading anything here only photos now! I want other recolored objects too besides mine. Please reopen this up for me. I am not uploading anything but photo's here. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 1:03 AM
Numenor, Thank you, this is great. Going to try them now.

rsn
"The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin."
– Mark Twain
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anglesims2
And thank you so much for you and Rgiles for creating the better SimPE 29b.

You're too kind, but Quaxi is to be credited for SimPE, I only help him in testing it

Quote:
How come I can go into to the beta recolor sections now? I am not uploading anything here only photos now! I want other recolored objects too besides mine. Please reopen this up for me. I am not uploading anything but photo's here. Thank you!

You should ask this to a Moderator or Administrator, I'm just a "simple" user... :D

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 1:57 AM
Numenor! You are my hero! I've been wanting recolors for this a long time! Thank you thank you!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:35 AM
Thank you, Numenor, for being an excellent mind reader and an excellent...modder. Oh, and an excellent sharer. I hope you don't mind me sucking up!! :D

20% of the world uses 80% of the worlds resources.
Just a reminder.
~spread some peace today~
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:56 AM
Thank you, Numenor, these are my most used stairs and I wanted more colors - I appreciate all you do!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 5:17 AM
This is the one item I wanted to recolor. I don't know enough to get it done tho. I'm so glad you wanted to do it too! Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 5:52 AM
works great, thanks!

nice to have more power over the look of things.

kinda annoying to recolour ever stair, but i suppose it can't be helped, and it offers more flexability.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 6:26 AM
Numenor, I really love these stairs! I love the fact that I can recolour every stair on a stair case a different colour, mix n match or just leave them as is! This totally gets 5 smacks!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 10:39 AM
Thats great. Now my childrens attic room can be multicoloured WITH matching stairs

Bravo.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#18 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 10:45 AM
Gorgeous I'm a very happy camper =D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 11:21 AM
Wow ,you are my hero. That´s fantastic ,we are waiting for a long time that someone realise it.
Thank you very much.

B
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 12:03 PM
This is awesome! Thnk you so much
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 1:51 PM
Ya, you made me very happy. I use these stairs in most of my houses. Thank you, thank you, thank you
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 1:53 PM
Oooo thank you so much!!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:10 PM
in which area of the texture do i find the railing? changing the block in the tp-left corner doesn't seem to work. i want to edit the normal stairs to match the metal fence.
Instructor
#24 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:18 PM
pretty cool stuff, even if it is a little tricky
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
in which area of the texture do i find the railing? changing the block in the tp-left corner doesn't seem to work. i want to edit the normal stairs to match the metal fence.

I thought it was the top-left corner... :confused:
If you find out the right texture part, let us know!

Page 1 of 6