Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolors for Holy Smoke modular stairs

by Lucifers Angel Posted 18th Mar 2005 at 10:38 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2005 at 12:04 PM by Lucifers Angel

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 11:57 AM
Yeah I am the first to respond. Thanks for this! Cannot wait to test it out! Looking forward to more of these recolors! Thanks for the work and for sharing.

Just wondering.... would it be possible to recolor the stair hand rails? I hate that red one, it just does not go with anything!

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:28 PM
the steps look great. umm off the topic but where did you get the other downloads in the pic?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:54 PM
thanks for this recolour, it looks great !

Quote:
the steps look great. umm off the topic but where did you get the other downloads in the pic?

most of that stuff is from SunairSms, the corner glass cabinet is from somewhere else, but i can't remember the site name. i've got them too, and they all look awesome in the game.

if you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:00 PM
Thanks, Angel! (I *love* when someone skillful as you creates a recolour for my objects :D)
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:06 PM
ty katgyrl
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemini2281

It´s right - the original meshes from the other objects are from Sunair Sims and
the glass cabinet is from Modern Sim Objects Yahoo Group.

Thank you all for the compliments!

Lucifer´s Angel

~~~~~german girl~~~~~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 8:24 PM
Lucifers Angel
your work is much appriciated. The stairs are so pretty and I look forward to seeing more of your recolors (perhaps to match the other two colors that Sunair sims uses on everything?, LOL)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
Lucifers Angel
your work is much appriciated. The stairs are so pretty and I look forward to seeing more of your recolors (perhaps to match the other two colors that Sunair sims uses on everything?, LOL)

At moment I recolor all my objects to my colors: this light brown, light grey and black.
Try to recolor your own steps! It´s really easy!

Lucifer´s Angel

~~~~~german girl~~~~~
Forum Resident
#10 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 8:41 PM
Thank you I will try...If successful I will post.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 8:58 PM
Fine! :-) You need only the "main" from Numenor to recolor. Look at the last posts to Numenor´s thread - there is a simple texture. So you can understand the pieces of the stair-colors... ?!?! (Aaargh! Bad english! *smile* - I hope you understand what I mean?!?!) :-)

Lucifer´s Angel
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katgyrl
thanks for this recolour, it looks great !

most of that stuff is from SunairSms, the corner glass cabinet is from somewhere else, but i can't remember the site name. i've got them too, and they all look awesome in the game.

Everyone should really go check out that site!! There is some really beautiful work there. And it's free. Yet another bookmark for my poor browser!!!
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:03 PM
It looks good, thanks for sharing it.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:09 PM Last edited by dewshine : 18th Mar 2005 at 10:25 PM. Reason: need to lean to wait, LOL
LOL, I sure do understand! Thanks so much for the little push. I didn't try matching colors yet, but I did make a little somthing for the Trashed thread... I'll post them here because others might want rusted stairs too...
Now the only problem I had was that even though I Committed and saved the stairs return to the default when zooming away. Could someone please check and see if they do that on another machine? Did I miss a step? Yep...that was it (thanks all fixed now, LOL)

The file contains a dirty glass and a rusted stair.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  recolors by dewshine.rar (477.3 KB, 564 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:18 PM
Oh, maybe you´ve forget "update all size" in SimPE. You import the new picture - and then you must click on it with the right mouse-button. There you will find "update all size"! :-) The "commit" - wait for "OK" and then you can save you steps! :-)
Forum Resident
#16 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:19 PM Last edited by dewshine : 18th Mar 2005 at 10:28 PM.
Ah,,okay I'll fix that...LOL

(Whee....My first object recolor!)

Thank you Numenor for making something I wanted to recolor, and thank you Lucifers Angel for helping me!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 11:43 PM
Thank you Dewshine, my trailer absolutely needed a rusty stair!

To anyone interested in recolouring the stairs:
Please read the recolouring tips on my thread.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 2:52 AM
Love the new recolours! Thanks.
Jules
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 4:15 AM
yay! nu colours, these are my fav stairs. i dun use ne others
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 7:49 AM
Great recolours! Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 7:45 PM
You FREAKIN ROCK!!! THANKS!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 11:34 AM
Default Other objects
Quote: Originally posted by gemini2281

The glass cabnet you can get at inasimfrenzy, a Yahoo Group
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 7:39 PM
Lucifer, those steps will go splendidly in my new beach house! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:59 AM
Nice recolors, downloaded, and thank you
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:08 PM Last edited by nectere : 25th Mar 2005 at 9:39 PM.
Default My Recolor
Hugemungous props to Numenor for the fabo work done on getting these beloved stairs recolorable!

You MUST have the base for this to work and can be found in Numenor's thread here
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  STEPS_90NMNJSBglass_AustRedGum.rar (42.2 KB, 404 downloads)
File Type: rar  STEPS_90NMNJSBglass_wood.rar (41.6 KB, 401 downloads)
Page 1 of 2