Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 6:06 PM
Default Help finding an original Sims 2 Object?
I lost an original sims 2 object. It is the "Candy Coated Sofa". Did anyone else loose this or did they take it out of the game completely? I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to get it back without uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it? Thanks for your help and advice.
Sherri :Slap:

My kid gave your honor student the answers to the tests!
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 7:20 PM
I don't recall losing the sofa, and I know I have downloaded recolors for them. Have you tried removing out your Downloads folder (do not delete it) and checking the Buy Mode catalog again? If you see that you get it back, that means a bad recolor or something overwrote it. Use Clean Installer to organize your downloads:

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 12:26 AM
I will try to remove my downloads folder and see if it shows up. I have used the Clean Installer since I installed Uni. I will let you know what I come up with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 1:45 AM
Thank you so much! Not only do I have my sofa back, I also have the recolors for that style again. I found the culprit...it was a new mesh made of that sofa that I downloaded. :D

My kid gave your honor student the answers to the tests!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 4:06 AM
Huzzah! I'm glad it's back to working order again! :D