Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ep ready: Arabian Fortress

by Brasstex Posted 28th Mar 2005 at 12:02 AM - Updated 20th Jun 2005 at 2:29 PM by Brasstex : added a snapshot of one of dewshines recolours

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
#51 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 6:50 PM Last edited by dewshine : 31st Mar 2005 at 2:37 AM. Reason: taking off the attachment
Sweet, I will once I get finished with the medieval fair set.

No. here are the packages fixed to be recolorable and a set of test skins (okay not gold...someone find me a shiny gold plate graphic! LOL)....

I'm pulling the attacnment until the thumbnail problem is fixed....
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 10:51 PM Last edited by Brasstex : 30th Mar 2005 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added test results
TESTED: well, dewshine, the recolour works fine, but there's no catalogue thumbnails now. That's kind of important, so I'm going to try to figure out why they aren't showing up. Let me know if you can tell my why, otherwise I'll figure it out, but I'm holding off on putting these at the top till I have thumbnails.

Brasstex

Hey Great work dewshine! I'm going to download these recolour packages, test them, and then provided they work for me, I'm going to put them at the top of the thread.

Brasstex
Forum Resident
#53 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 2:30 AM
Yep I know. But this is the beta forum, so please look at what I did and see if you can figure it out. If you can then tell me how you did it so that I can add that step of the rest of what I'm doing!....I can't seem to find info that indicates that this is a problem except for something Dr. Pixel was working on and he never posted how he fixed it. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple.
Test Subject
#54 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by owaizoo
komischkatza you house is great
is it for download
i can have an arabian area hehe

Thanks for the compliments Owai and Brass. It's all due to those fab domes of course, Brass.

Owai, no I don't have it up for download but I'll make it available to you if you like. Let me finish up the interior walls first though. Furnished or unfurnished?

first penguin: "you look like you're wearing a tuxedo"
second penguin: "maybe I am"
Banned
#55 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 11:47 AM
furnished
i want furnished

try furnishing it in arbian style
just not too modern
Banned
#56 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 11:48 AM
furnished
i want furnished

try furnishing it in arbian style
just not too modern
if u r making a family
then make the males with long hair
and females
like egyptian
with green or dark brown eyes
Forum Resident
#57 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 2:20 PM
Woot! I got the problem with the missing thumbnails fixed!. Lookie! *dances around the room* And I didn't loose the recolor options either. (the old brown color won't work unless I remake it but the texture isn't the best anyhow). Here is a pic of the updated progress. I'll get the small dome fixed and go back to the medieval fair...Do you want the castle roof pieces enabled too, Brassex?
Screenshots
#58 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 2:36 PM
Awesome work, thank you =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
Woot! I got the problem with the missing thumbnails fixed!. Lookie! *dances around the room* And I didn't loose the recolor options either. (the old brown color won't work unless I remake it but the texture isn't the best anyhow). Here is a pic of the updated progress. I'll get the small dome fixed and go back to the medieval fair...Do you want the castle roof pieces enabled too, Brassex?

dewshine! You are getting very good at this! You have my blessing to do the castle roof pieces if you want, I like black, but I'm sure that others would like white, red, green, blue...

Thanks alot!

Brasstex
Forum Resident
#60 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 3:47 PM Last edited by dewshine : 31st Mar 2005 at 7:34 PM.
You are so welcome! I would love to do a haunted castle or victorian so recolors of the castle pieces are a must,

Here are the fixed domes, thumbnails and all, with 3 recolors each. I still can't get the gold right, but that may be due to the fact that the material definition needs to be altered to be shiny...something I'm not ready to tackle yet. But I did remake the brown, and came up with a copperish tone in addition to a streaked version of your sandstone color. ...enough rambling, here you go...

The files are in the first post!
Screenshots
Instructor
#61 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:14 PM
thank you ..thank you...thank you - both of you!~!
I thank you,and my sims thank you !! *bows*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:05 PM
I have posted dewshine's package at the top of the thread now.
Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 11:20 AM
can somebody make the tower of dawn from prince of persia:the sands of time please!?
Instructor
#64 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 2:59 PM
Nice work guys!
Can you make colorfull like st-pierre, russia and golden shinning one?
Field Researcher
#65 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 4:30 AM
Amazing!
Instructor
#66 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 3:33 PM
Dewshine thanks for enabling the recolors. Did you make any yourself and if so any plans to share?
Forum Resident
#67 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 3:44 PM Last edited by dewshine : 5th Apr 2005 at 2:26 AM. Reason: add a picture...and a link
Motoki, there are 3 that I made included in the rar. I have done a test of a metallic gold (using the ingame reflections) and it works. I'm going to make a bunch of metallic domes today. There was a request for a mosic covered dome too, and I am searching for the perfect texture for it. Once I find it I'll put it up. Would anyone like the castle roof pieces in metal too? I think I'm gonna do them also. I'm thinking, Gunmetal blue, silver, gold, copper, white, black, ... LOL

Here is the first teaser picture of the gold metallic roof recolors and my attempt at a mosaic one.

They will be posted in the recolor forum. recolors here
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 11:22 PM
Wow!!!!!!

I'ts Time To Make Aggrabah
Field Researcher
#69 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 12:21 PM
O man, you make the most beautiful objects..thanks a lot!!!!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:36 PM
Wonderful,Brasstexthank you so much for sharing it with all of us.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:06 AM
Fantastic! Thank you so much for creating and for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 4:49 PM
wow - i've been away from the sims for a coupla months, come back and there are all of these amazing new collections to download! thank you for sharing this (and all of your collections) brasstex - they're a really inspiring addition to the game
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 3:32 AM
im gona make taj mahal with these
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 7:25 PM
UNREAL!!!! Thank you!
#75 Old 3rd May 2005 at 5:15 AM
It is very nice,thanks
Instructor
#76 Old 7th May 2005 at 3:46 AM
Big Thankyou for the Domes they look Great.
#77 Old 10th May 2005 at 11:10 PM
Those are just beautiful!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 8:48 PM
I would really like the whole fortress because i honestly can't make it.
Or if you could somehow tell me how to make it.
I really suck at building houses unfortunately.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 3:13 AM
Exotic looking! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Wilson:"House! Why did you let your unstable patient roam the hallways?"

House:"His leash broke!"
Test Subject
#80 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 6:51 AM
Brasstex -

First, I love the domes, etc! Thanks! However, I can't seem to find the fencing that you have on the top of the walls and the window (?) on the right side of the building. Is everthing included with your package? If not, can I get the rest?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:15 PM
Fab! now i can build a Byzantine church!
Test Subject
#82 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:39 PM
r u able to post the actual lot onto MTS2?
#83 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 7:41 AM
I love these domes. They are awesome for my culture shock neighborhood
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 3:01 PM
Oh wow, this is absolutely awe-inspiring!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#85 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 5:55 PM
Thankyou Brasstex, thankyou Dewshine!
Mad Poster
#86 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 6:43 PM
TY f 4 ur sharin'.

You're really thoughtful and creative, thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by owaizoo
oh i just went to the doctor
my head was paining so much the doctor
said you have brain hambradge
and brain dumor
skin and face cancer
heat problem
ur kidneys are failed
one of ur lung is expired
and u will die as soon as possible in a 2 days i will die
my last wish is
that brasstex should post the lot for download
this is my last wish and will
so i can play it
before dying

:screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

Be thankful you're not dying and stop pestering Brasstex what he wants to put up for download he will
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:47 PM
Great job Brasstex, thank you so much
Test Subject
#89 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
This isn't the whole lot, most of which is just Maxis objects anyway.
Brasstex

can u still post the lot anyway?
i think it looks good
Scholar
#90 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 1:24 PM
these are fantastic - thanks so much!
#91 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 11:22 PM
Great Job. thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#92 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 6:38 AM
Very nice! I love Arabian things!

"Tell me," said Magrat, "you said your mummy knows about the big bad wolf in the woods, didn't you?"
"That's right."
"But nonetheless she sent you out by yourself to take those goodies to your granny?"

Check out my Padme skins!
Test Subject
#93 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 12:02 AM
Thank you from the bottom of my heart....My dad just gave me an "assignment" to make an entirely Arabian neighborhood with conflicting tribes! Now these tribes will have good strong houses thanks to you. Without you.....I don't know what I would have done. BTW...to help me with my project, can someone please tell me where I can get other Arabian and medieval objects? Thank you sooo much!

(\__/) ...(\__/)...
(='.'=) .>(^.^)<.
(")_(") ...(')_(')...

Decided to help BOTH of them gain world domination
#94 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM
It looks really great but unfortunately I can't download it. Is it possible to fix that problem?
Test Subject
#95 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 10:28 AM
really well maid, i'll really enjoy plaing with that!
Test Subject
#96 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 10:31 AM Last edited by Ratita : 17th Dec 2005 at 10:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simaniaddict
Thank you from the bottom of my heart....My dad just gave me an "assignment" to make an entirely Arabian neighborhood with conflicting tribes! Now these tribes will have good strong houses thanks to you. Without you.....I don't know what I would have done. BTW...to help me with my project, can someone please tell me where I can get other Arabian and medieval objects? Thank you sooo much!

i'm sure you'll find exellent medieval objects here
Test Subject
#97 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 8:29 AM
Default [gasps in wonderment]
Never before have my prayeers been quite so literally answered! Thank you! :jaw:

Bah humbug. Bah humbug I say and other expletives.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 9:46 AM
Aww chandonsparkles I love your avi!

*~*~*~*~MTS2*~*~*~*~
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny.
(")_(")Copy and paste him into your signature!

I Can Now Recolour Any Outfit In The Sims 2 Using Adobe Photoshop CS2, So If You Want To Request A Recolour Of A Mesh (MAXIS ONLY!), Give Me A Shout!
Scholar
#99 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 1:39 PM
Absolutely fantabulistic
I'll be using these, and the lovely recolours by Dewshine
Many thanks to you both

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#100 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 2:34 PM
Wow! That's great, now I'm finally able to give my homeless princess Jasmione a palace that she deserves
Page 2 of 3