Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

para_veryprivate_mirror

by peter_halland Posted 29th Mar 2005 at 8:24 PM - Updated 27th Apr 2005 at 11:44 PM by peter_halland

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 8:36 PM
Oh cool I am definately downloaded this!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 8:36 PM
Oh, this looks very nice. Can't wait to test. Thanks, Peter!
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 9:00 PM
Wee,more!

Need a yellow one (mirror)

"S"
V^^^^V
Space Pony
#5 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 9:07 PM
Nr 92 is my favorite ! Thanx for making them !
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 9:51 PM
93 is my fav. But neither one is showing up in my game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 10:05 PM Last edited by peter_halland : 30th Mar 2005 at 1:34 AM.
Vampy.
I told you i was tired yesterday Sorry, i should have understood.

Bunds.
You make me nervous. First report and you tell me it don t shows up? Whats going wrong?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 10:38 PM
very nice; can't decide i like both.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 10:50 PM
they're both nice but i'd prefer silver trim instead of the gold or the black. if i have to choose between the gold and the black i'll choose the black. i never use the gold trimmed objects in my sim houses, i just don't like gold/brass/etc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katgyrl
they're both nice but i'd prefer silver trim instead of the gold or the black. if i have to choose between the gold and the black i'll choose the black. i never use the gold trimmed objects in my sim houses, i just don't like gold/brass/etc

I choosed the grey middle way of all
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 3:25 AM
LOL Peter you do make me laugh - you and your mirrors! BobL also says they are absolutely hell to make - if I ever start a meshing career it won't be with mirrors!

Downloaded and testing now I will report back any problems =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 11:00 AM
I got one report that says that the 93 don t show up after you had installed and removed the 92 first. This is whats so strange that i couldn tkeep different versions. If so happens, i suggest that you fire up the game one time "cleaned" without any veryprivatemirror in the download folder. This should take away some strange gamesavings. After that try the 93 again after pasting the file back to the downloadsfolder. (To rename it with f e .bak temporaly doesn thelp allways. Take away it, its most save).
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 12:36 PM
awesome !! thank you !!
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 12:39 PM
This mirror is so private that in my game it says "Image not available" in the catalogue, and the object itself is invisible during and after placing it. I have the private mirror, is that the "92" I should remove if I want this to work?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 1:17 PM
Very nice well done! :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 3:30 PM
As always, You are doing a great job with mirrors, Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 4:50 PM
HEY! How can I make mirrors reflect in my game? Do I need a mesh?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tatithecutest
HEY! How can I make mirrors reflect in my game? Do I need a mesh?

You have to turn "reflections" on under OPTIONS in your game.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Field Researcher
#19 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Czeri
This mirror is so private that in my game it says "Image not available" in the catalogue, and the object itself is invisible during and after placing it. I have the private mirror, is that the "92" I should remove if I want this to work?

I have the same problem. I couldn't find a '92 but an '02. When I removed it the orginal was indeed gone, but these new re-colours still weren't showing up.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 5:54 PM Last edited by jawal : 30th Mar 2005 at 7:36 PM.
ilikefishfood, I guess you'd removed the 'PrivateMirror 02 package' and not the 'VERY Private Mirror 92'. They're different version, 92 & 93 are the versions with lights/lampframes.

Should you have other Maxis Recolour Objects in your d/l folder, try this: Install the package to your d/l folder, get into the game (93 probably still invisible in thumbnail), quit the game without saving, reboot you PC, 93 package should display properly when you relaunch the game.

This package is gorgeous, it took me the entire morning to figure out how to get around it, but definitely worth the while!

P.S I have both 'PrivateMirror02' and 'VeryPrivateMirror93' in my game (UNI installed) and so far they're working fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Czeri

Good point. Don t know if i should lough or cry. I will try to get some help to make this package working correctly. Sorry for all the troubles. But this is what it is...a betatesters thread.
Thankyou all for testing and helping. Thanks jawal for your work arround help. Hopefuly i will get back soon with positiv news.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 6:36 PM
I really look forward to this file when it's working. Youve obviously worked very hard on it!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 6:40 PM
I have UNI installed and this is not working for me. I never had the originals installed, so there's not a conflict there. The item description is showing up, but there's no picture available and the mirror is invisible when placing in the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:35 PM
Here we go again. New package design for the very private. THANKS to Numenor our own colour-package master att mts2.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:38 PM
See I came back and you posted not long ago =) I have a mirror fetish =(

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Page 1 of 3