Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Shoji Sliding Door *UPDATED*

by LunarRyou Posted 31st Mar 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 3rd Apr 2005 at 3:07 AM by LunarRyou

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:09 AM
Thank you so much, I've really been wanting a door like this for my asian simmies homes, I think it looks great.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 8:17 AM
I've added a bit of transparency to the paper: do you think it's enough or too much? I'm sorry, but that wonderful effect of the real paper (the light pass throug, but you can't see through it) it's impossible to achieve...

I've kept the original filename, so this package will overwrite the original one.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  JapShojiDoor_by_RyouwoBorder.rar (55.6 KB, 1182 downloads)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:30 PM
That looks fantastic, thank you!! And, thanks to Numenor for the transparency effect!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 12:41 AM
Thanks a lot, again! Really helped me out. Oh no, I don't think it's too much, looks perfect.
Aw, really? That's a pity, thanks for telling me though. ^.^ Better I find out now than try for days to get the paper effect and fry my brain.

Though I am curious, how did you manage to get transparency while keeping the image quality up? I'm wondering if I just mixed up the steps of importing a new texture and alpha. I read your broken glass tutorial, and all your windows look perfect (well, as perfect as a broken window can be, lol).
I wanna try and find the best method so the new recolors of the door look as good as they possibly can.
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 2:46 AM
AWESOME,I needed some!
Could you make black ones too?
Now if someone could just make wooden black lacquered steps.

Thank you!

"S"
V^^^^V
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 6:33 AM
Great job! This is just what I needed!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LunarRyou
Though I am curious, how did you manage to get transparency while keeping the image quality up? I'm wondering if I just mixed up the steps of importing a new texture and alpha.

I exported the texture and imported it in Paintshop Pro; then I've created a suitable alpha picture in PSP and I've added the alpha into the picture with PSP. I exported the texture+alpha in .png format (that can manage the alpha inside the texture) and imported in SimPE using the Build DXT menu.
On the other hand, if you import the alpha directly in SimPE using the "Import Alpha" menu, you must click "Update all sizes": that is the moment that your texture gets corrupted! If you import texture+alpha at once using the Build DXT, you don't have to "Update all sizes": just commit.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 4:44 AM
These look great...I'll give them a try!
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 7:12 AM
Thank You For The New Colors.

"s"
V^^^^v
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:08 PM
Thank you. These are beautiful
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 9:38 PM
oh em gee, I was looking for something just like this. thank ya! ^_^
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:28 AM
These are gorgeous!!!! Thank you!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:32 AM
thank you for making a wish of mine come true. these doors are just great!
#15 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:47 AM
Default thx a bunchies!!!
hey! thx for making the screen doors...they are awesome!! :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:59 AM
wow, this is really awesome. thanks for all the work!
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 1:27 PM
OMG,they are really nice!Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 3:29 AM
thank you, these are beautiful!
Scholar
#19 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 10:15 PM
they're all lovely. thanks.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 9:47 AM
Great look.....thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 1:18 PM
These look really good... although... I have EP yet all I got were the sliding door recolors... No cris-cros things... Did I do something wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 11:09 PM
Criss-Cross things? Do you mean the wallpapers that match the doors?

If it's them, I didn't include them so no you didn't do anything wrong. I don't know if it's okay to post the wallpaper files (one of them is from TSR). I gotta ask a moderator about that and the two doors that don't have permission.

Anyway, here's links to where you can get some of them.
Black Japanese Screen (Oriental Touch) - BitzyBus on TSR (look under walls)
Plain Fusuma (Touch of Twilight) - mod the sims 2 > Forums > Two new wallpaper sets.

(I made the black shoji screen myself, although Bitzybus DOES have one at TSR, it won't match up completely with the door, and I have NO idea where I got the tan and black. I'll upload them later on after I finish a request.)
Oh BTW, thanks to everyone for the really nice comments, I really appreciate them. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:53 AM
Oh! Sorry... My problem was that I didn't install the Color Enabler from SimPE... I thought I did but then again... I formatted my PC! They work now... And they look very nice!!! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 2:30 PM
:faints: I'm in love!
#25 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 3:58 PM
Beautiful work, thank you
Page 1 of 4