Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 11:10 PM
Making new TXTR files
Hi all! Now, I have read somewhere that you CAN make new TXTR files, yet I am unable to make the texture show up... :weep: :weep: I have made a new sterio and for some parts uv mapping just doesn't show the cordinates for the front parts (Twiddily knobs, handle and some other wierd bar things) so therefore I canot get texture onto these parts and my only choice would probably to add TXTR files. If anyone knows how please tell me or direct me to a tutorial that can help. Thanks!

Oh my it's rear end is having a poo!!- Magical Trevor 2

Come to my new site! I am constantly updating it! Iggy Sims!
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 12:49 AM
To add a TXTR, you can clone an existing TXTR, rename it in a unique way and hit "Fix TGI" (or use the Fix Integrity); then replace the existing picture with your custom one (preferably using the Build DXT) and commit.

But in order for your object to use the new texture, you have to clone/rename/fix a Material Definition, too; and then replace the texture reference with the name of your newly created TXTR.

And finally, open the Shape, "parts" tab, and click on "Add" (in the lower right corner). Click on the newly created line and write the subset name (it's the name of the mesh that need to use your custom texture), and specify the name Material Definition that you have just created.