Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Curly Locks

by Dr Pixel Posted 5th Apr 2005 at 2:27 PM - Updated 18th Nov 2008 at 8:47 AM by Dr Pixel

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 2:44 PM
Looks great! Already downloading it into my game.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 2:50 PM
question... are those supposed to be dreads.. i was wondering cause you said locks and I thought.. hmm... dreadlocks.. but that couldn't be dreads since they arent circular.... anyway great job...
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 3:07 PM
cool thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 3:31 PM Last edited by Elfmaid : 5th Apr 2005 at 4:09 PM. Reason: Having problems heh
FINALLY! A beautiful loose wave hairstyle!!!!

You rock sweetheart! *scoops em up and eyeballs the textures hopefully... Woo pretty colours are gonna be SO fun!!!!

*HUGZ you and does a happy dance*

Thank you Doc!

*EDIT*
Hm... I seem to be having trouble in BodyShop seeing these. I have a P3 1300, Radeon 9100, 354 megs of RAM. I shall rebootski and try again. I admit I do have a couple of original meshes, wonder if they are conflicting somehow. Let me reboot and see what the state of the universe is. 8)

Ok... I rebooted and still not working. However, I realise that I have a few other meshes, a slightly longer verison of the in-game curls. Could this be interfering with the new files? I'll uninstall the others and see if yours show up. Hope this might help others with all my trial and error. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:19 AM
looks great.thank you
#7 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:21 PM
Absolutely beautiful work, thank you =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elfmaid
Hm... I seem to be having trouble in BodyShop seeing these. I have a P3 1300, Radeon 9100, 354 megs of RAM. I shall rebootski and try again. I admit I do have a couple of original meshes, wonder if they are conflicting somehow. Let me reboot and see what the state of the universe is. 8)

Ok... I rebooted and still not working. However, I realise that I have a few other meshes, a slightly longer verison of the in-game curls. Could this be interfering with the new files? I'll uninstall the others and see if yours show up. Hope this might help others with all my trial and error. ^_^

It should not be affected by other hair meshes, the mesh has it's own Scenegraph naming as in Brianna's tutorial.

I'm not 100% sure if it will work without University, I think it should because it is a standard Maxis mesh (not from university) that it came from.

Does anybody else without University have a problem with the mesh not showing up?

Oh, you do have both the mesh and at least one of the color files in your Downloads\ folder?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 8:42 PM
This site is very slow...It took for ever for the download to comeup to download. Nice job too....Bummer this site is extreamly slow. I have DSL too and a very high speed computer too....
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pop2dapop
question... are those supposed to be dreads.. i was wondering cause you said locks and I thought.. hmm... dreadlocks.. but that couldn't be dreads since they arent circular.... anyway great job...

locks is just another word for hair.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 11:48 PM
Thats not curly

nice hair though
#12 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:09 AM
pretty =D
Inventor
#13 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by electric
Thats not curly

nice hair though

It's more a slightly wavy style, but still looks interesting. I have the EP and it worked in my game.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 2:56 AM
you,posted this hair on tsr..good..wanted this hair~~
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:54 PM
Oh thank you so much for this! :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 2:34 PM
Hullo Dr. Pixel! I fixed it! I guess when I installed WinZIP to make happy zips for future projects it did something wierd to my rar and the files didn't make it to my download directory till I hand placed em in there. LOL. *HUGZ* Thank you for your help AND the beautiful mesh!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE this mesh and the textures you did... *purr!*

I was a good girl and uploaded this to the genetics section like a good girl having read the sticky... however, I am impatient, and those poor admins must have buttloads of files to go through before they are put up... so I hope none of you mind me sharing one of my recolours here in this thread?

(Please dont shoot me?) ^_^ I just wanna share is all!

I made a "Glorious Chestnut" colouring for these lovely Curly Locks, and I've tried it in game and it's lovely!

Hope you all enjoy this... if you like enough I will happily make more... but will wait to see what you all think of my colouring skills first before I sit for hours and have the fun of making the names all match for all the generations of hair in BodyShop LOL!

I made this a zip file, cause I know most of you darling folks out there seem to prefer it. Please if you use this, let me see! *does a happy dance*

NOTE: This is only the colour and does NOT have the mesh in it... please download Dr. Pixel's exquisite mesh from the top of the thread please!

Credit also goes to Xenos who made the lovely and buxom Superheroine Mesh: found here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45225

and if I could only remember who made this dress skin, I'd give them credit too... so many downloads, so little short term memory! This is my in-game self, and the eyes are made by ME! ^_^

*whew the post is more work than the recolour was!*

*grins*

Elfmaid
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DrPixelCurlyLocks040205_ChestnutRecolour.zip (1.21 MB, 353 downloads)

Let's face it, I KNOW I've been at this too long when successfully importing a new skin texture or a new model puts me in a real life Platinum Mood!
Inventor
#17 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:38 PM
Very nice chestnut recolour... thank you Elfmaid
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 4:42 PM
You're very welcome Roxxy! Thank YOU for the kind encouragement! *HUGZ!*

And thank YOU, Doc, for making this! I LOVE it!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 4:44 PM
thank you doc. for the lovely hair i love long hair and thank you elfmaid for the recolor it is very pretty
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM
Thank you! This is one of my favorite hair meshes
#21 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:43 AM
soo cool i am down loading
Instructor
#22 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 5:18 PM
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURTY!!!! Nice Job as always Doc!!! =)
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 3:19 PM
great one of my sims totally needs that
Forum Resident
#24 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 3:46 PM
I put the blonde one on one of my nude sims and now she looks like Lady Godiva.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:34 PM
Beautiful hair and colors, Thanks both Dr Pixel and Elfmaid! Love it
Page 1 of 2