Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - Wizard Hat

by roddyaleixo Posted 8th Apr 2005 at 9:19 AM - Updated 12th May 2010 at 9:02 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:29 AM
thanks a lot
we will recolor it for hp use
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:40 AM
Cool, I don't know how I'd use it but it's still cool, you shuld mak it avaliable for women so we can make witches
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:42 AM
fantastic mesh! thanks like owaizoo said we can recolour it for the HP project (heehee us potter geeks). anywhoos I wonder how this could be converted to an object for sorting hat uses . . . hmmmmm thanks again.
xxdebzxx
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:22 AM
Cool, thanks! That looks good.
If possible, could someone recolour a black one?
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:51 AM
:howdy: eally good!
I Think it's look like Harry Potter hat
Fluffy
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:09 PM
heehee, you can't be a proper wizard without the pointy hat.

I'll definitely be testing this
#8 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:53 PM
Ooooo awesome work, thank you =)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 4:12 PM
Very nicly done! We'll need a long wizard beard now. And then we can have many a wizad in out towns.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:08 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone I appreciate that you liked it.. I cant wait to start on my newst project LOL... am i a freak?? :P
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:36 PM
omg thanx... i requested a witches hat the other and and i got a wizards and a witches thank u!!!! :D:D:D
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:14 AM
Cool! Thank you so much! I have been wanting one of these.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:17 AM
Now we need a recolor...the Sims 1 child wizard hat.

These are cool, I like how they are droopy.
Instructor
#14 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 8:43 PM
i tried to make gandalf from lord of the rings... but then i realised that the beards do not work i think it has somthing to do with the hat because when i change the hair type the beard appears strange... just thought you might like to know xxxxx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 11:14 PM
Hmmm, this is weird...
I can normally put beards together with the hats, as you can see in the picture, the old one has a beard... I will have a look into this... is anyone else having this problem too?
Instructor
#16 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 11:19 PM
thank you xxx i'll keep checking the board... sorry to be a nusence xxxx
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:26 AM
Can we upload these to the Sims Resource?

I did a recolor for Rincewind the Wizard's hat and robes from the Terry Pratchett novels.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:50 AM
Emily, it depends.. as long as it remains always free... and i mean always,,, I dont want other people paying for a mesh i made...
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 2:44 AM Last edited by EmilyH : 10th Apr 2005 at 2:51 AM.
I don't have any control over what TSR does, and nowhere else to put it except on my Geocities site. If I get too much traffic there, I may have to take it off because they charge for bandwidth use over your monthly allotment.

OK, really stupid newbie-esque question. Can we just attach the files here or do we have to link to them elsewhere?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:15 AM
JosephTheSim2k5, you are right, the beards wont show up in bodyshop for me either when used together with my hat... Anyways, the good news is that in CAS and gameplay, they DO show up together... which is a pain, because you would have to go inside the game everytime you wanted to showcase your recolors or sims with my hats... If anyone knows how to fix that i would be greatful, because i have no idea on what to do about this... I am sorry it went this bad...

EmilyH, you could try to email TSR asking if they could remain for free... but if you "really want to do it" no matter what their answer will be;; go ahead... just please follow the basic rules.. add a link to it here and do not include my mesh together with your recolor... but really;; you could always post them here, all you would have to do is to upload them via the Downloads System... because i dont really see the point of adding a pay recolor of which everyone would have to come here to get the mesh for free (since i don't allow to include the mesh together with the recolors)...

reminder:
- Do not include the mesh file
- together with your recolor, please include:
*The NAME of the mesh (not the mesh itself);
*A link to this thread.
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:22 AM
If we can attach sims 2 package files here (and it looks like we can), I won't upload them to TSR. I respect your wish that they remain free.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:28 AM
Thank you I admire your decision... To post recolors here at modthesims2 all you have to do is to go to this forum:
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38
and find a sub-forum that you think it will fit best.. then start a new thread on it including your files as attatchments... they will require aproval from the MTS2 staff, and sooner or later your recolor will be availble for everyone to get it just dont forget to add a link here so that we will know.. sorry if i sound repetitive...
Instructor
#23 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 8:56 PM
shame about the beards but it doesn't put even a lil 'dent' in the meshes reputation thanks its fantastic xxxxxx
Forum Resident
#24 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 10:31 AM
There is a problem with the unzipping files
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:28 PM
anglesims2, i don't see any problem unzipping... I downloaded them and i see that i can unzip them myself, and people here are also having no problem that i know of, since they already tried them... maybe you should redownload it, it could have happened if you suddently lost connection in the middle of the downloading process, and this could have caused a bad file.. i sugest to try to redownload..
Thanks..

JosephTheSim2k5,
I just finished making a long beard for wizards that i will be uploading soon, and this seems to fix the problems of the beards not showing up together with the hat in bodyshop, now every single beard including my new one show together with the hat both in bodyshop and in CAS... however there are still some bugs in the beard that i have to fix before sending, i hope i get them done soon to release together with the wizard long coat...
Thanks
Page 1 of 2