Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted - *update v4-17* - 3D Animated Ceiling Fan

by psyckotic Posted 9th Apr 2005 at 4:18 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2005 at 1:53 AM by psyckotic

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Banned
#2 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:37 PM
wow
real action
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:38 PM
This is so amazing thanks for getting it working!
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#4 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:41 PM
Wicked! i will test it tomorow:P
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:05 PM
Why ep required? That's too bad...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:07 PM
Wow It works fine in Game. My Sim had a look at me and says hurra. I think he loves the Fan. And the Fan had a + he makes musik . Its all Fun to have it. Big thanks for made them work.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:15 PM
Yeah, what exactly makes it EP required?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:55 PM Last edited by psyckotic : 9th Apr 2005 at 5:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Biggles
Yeah, what exactly makes it EP required?

Even if i have already answered to that question in the thread of ceiling fan by simfantastic. It think it it need some more comments...
It is EP-required because it needs animation resources of the bubble blower object. I hope I answered to your question.

*havelock* yep it is the same music of the bubble blower, i forgot to remove it. Is it necessary to remove it ?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 6:06 PM
:/

Oh.

OH, I get it. At this point things have to have an animation to begin with, you cant just make one?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 6:18 PM Last edited by psyckotic : 9th Apr 2005 at 6:24 PM.

Oh.

OH, I get it. At this point things have to have an animation to begin with, you cant just make one?

You are very funny... :fight:
Tell me if you have already done a such thing.
It is really easy to say blah blah blah....
But it is difficult to do something.
The next time, go to the hell to have an explanation.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 6:38 PM
psyckotic, It's great that you are finding ways of doing things that no body else has tackled. Very inventive. As I understand it this Item does not fade on zoom, correct? That's cool. I also assume that it is not a light, but a moving fan. (Stating such just to clarify). Thank you for making this. I will test it (I do have the EP). So far items you have made using the bubbleblower have worked very well in the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
psyckotic, It's great that you are finding ways of doing things that no body else has tackled. Very inventive. As I understand it this Item does not fade on zoom, correct? That's cool. I also assume that it is not a light, but a moving fan. (Stating such just to clarify). Thank you for making this. I will test it (I do have the EP). So far items you have made using the bubbleblower have worked very well in the game.

Thx for your support.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 8:41 PM
Great object, psyckotic.

Although I don't exactly co-sign with Mr. Biggles' sarcasm above, I don't think that your response was necessary either (particularly the "go to hell" part). I don't have the EP, either, so I can understand his frustration. But, I also agree with you in the sense that I'm not gonna complain when someone makes a great object that requires something I don't have -- I'll just sit tight until I get it.

Thanks for makin' the fan, though. Brings a realness to the game. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 9:08 PM Last edited by psyckotic : 10th Apr 2005 at 3:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aqueelah
Great object, psyckotic.

Although I don't exactly co-sign with Mr. Biggles' sarcasm above, I don't think that your response was necessary either (particularly the "go to hell" part). I don't have the EP, either, so I can understand his frustration. But, I also agree with you in the sense that I'm not gonna complain when someone makes a great object that requires something I don't have -- I'll just sit tight until I get it.

Thanks for makin' the fan, though. Brings a realness to the game. :D

Ok i will try to put the animation resources in the package to make it not EP-required but i don't think maxis will be very agree with that.... ¨

*edit* for those who have not EP if they try that ?
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 9:13 PM
I don't think it really matters that it doesn't fade, ceiling lights dont as far as I know either so it's not exactly something we should complain about!
I'm going to download because you've obviously worked hard and it's original! Good job!
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 9:16 PM
You majorly Rock!! Thanks so much!
Instructor
#17 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 10:24 PM
I tried this out, it works really well! You can put one of those little round ceiling lights over it too. The Pop Goes the Weasel music is a little odd heheh, but I don't really mind.

I would have never thought to use the bubble blower animation, it's a great idea.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 10:38 PM
I think this is totally awesome. The music is a bit odd... but the object is awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 11:47 PM
aww man! I can't download it. Is there something wrong with the downloads because I can't download anything on this site.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:04 AM

Oh.

I don't think Mr. Biggles was trying to be cute with you, all he said was that he understood why it had to be done that way.

And then you come back with "You are very funny...
"

It's people like you that ruin the fun for others!!! I guess your name says it all!!!

Slip

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:21 AM
wow!!this is great!!thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psyckotic
Ok i will try to put the animation resources in the package to make it not EP-required but i don't think maxis will be very agree with that.... :duck

*edit* for those who have not EP if they try that ?

Thanks, but you didn't have to do that. I would have been perfectly happy with downloading it and waiting until I could buy the EP. The extra effort is very much appreciated, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Slip
I don't think Mr. Biggles was trying to be cute with you, all he said was that he understood why it had to be done that way.

And then you come back with "You are very funny...
"

It's people like you that ruin the fun for others!!! I guess your name says it all!!!

Slip

Is that really necessary? :confused:

And I think that there may be just a hint of sarcasm in Mr. Biggles' post; but, as I said earlier, I can understand his frustration.
Instructor
#23 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:39 AM
what? ep required... didnt see that comin... (even though it was in the title)... maybe i sould get rid of it now
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 5:49 AM
how does one animate a object? oh i making a movie and i need to know how to animate obj. oh awsome job on the fan it works wonderfully!!! keep up the great work!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psyckotic
*havelock* yep it is the same music of the bubble blower, i forgot to remove it. Is it necessary to remove it ?

Nope I Love it as it is and my sims also. :D
Page 1 of 3