Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - Darkroom Equipment

by hippi Posted 9th Apr 2005 at 11:47 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 2:04 PM by hippi

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:03 AM
VERY cool. I had p00jkins help me with a Photofinishing career because of my hubby, and this will work well in our house in the game. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:05 AM
Great decor for my artist sims. Thank you, Hippi! :clap:
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:15 AM
Wow. Very cool.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:38 AM
where do you people get your ideas from they are awesome

love this set .... :P
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:13 AM
Wow first art studio and now darkroom stuff, what's next pottery?

These look great I really appreciate you making and sharing them. I also really appreciate the fact that you were conscious of the polygon count in creating them as I've done some poly counts on other people's objects lately and have found many are not so it makes me wary of downloading new meshes when people don't comment on their polygon count.

Oh and for those budding photographers, I also reccomend the studio lamps colllection here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ght=studio+lamp

They aren't new meshes, just the Maxis ones you see in Create-a-Sim but the collection enabled you to get them. I set them up now before I take my pictures with the university career reward camera.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:20 AM
Thankyou Motoki, someone did request a sculpture studio so maybe I could chuck in some pottery items too.
I'm not the best modeller and still have a lot to learn, it would make it easier if there were some modelling tutorials out in the big www that I could actually understand.
I used to make models for Sims 1 and didn't have to worry about optimizing and poly counts
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:58 AM
Fantastic!! :clap:

Any chance on you makin' it for Sims 1?

Just kiddin'. Seriously, though, I love what you've done for Sims 2! Thanks for makin' our game so much more fun!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:36 AM Last edited by PinkFloyd : 30th Oct 2005 at 5:38 AM.
Coolies!

Welcome to The Machine
*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·Pink Floyd.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:42 AM
whats cep? does it have anything to do with the ep? cuz i dont have it
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:46 AM
no offence but i dont really think its worth getting.... its great and all but unless i could get a camera (in the original "the sims 2" without ep) then im not gonna get it.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:59 AM
CEP is the Color Enabler Package, which is the thing that allows all these great creations to show up in the game.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 4:00 AM
*drooling* i love photography! too bad i dont have ts2 anymore but hey real cool
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 7:26 AM
Great knick-knacks as usual.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 8:35 AM
Thank you~~It's very nice~~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 9:40 AM
Aqueelah I'm still trying to optimize my cloning lab meshes that I made for Sims 1 to a reasonable polycount without destroying them so that I can use them for Sims 2, never mind making more stuff for Sims 1.
I used to have both games on my computer but my smeggy computer couldn't handle both, I need a bigger hard drive

PinkFloyd Thank you, I did photography at college many, many years ago so I was going on memory and photos off the net :D:

phat_man55 CEP is the Colour Enabler Package as Aqueelah very kindly pointed out, sorry but I don't see the relevance of your second post, totally pointless:Slap: the idea is to post constructive criticism (constructive being the operative word here don't you think) or feedback and kudos is always nice

Thank you to everyone for your nice comments but could someone please let me know if they all work in the game, particularly if you have just TS2 installed as I have the ex pack installed too so would be interested to know if they work in just the original, they should as they were cloned from TS2 objects but you never know.
hippi
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 9:46 AM
Awesome once again, simply awesome! Well I can gladly say my sims dream about them because they are so good and run well! They even started to cry and think of them once I got rid of them! Heheh, thanks.

Oh btw I have the Ep so I dunno what would happen without.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 10:16 AM
:yippee: WOW,cool stuff,thanks so much! I always searched for Sims1,and now I have it for Sims2. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:45 PM
I'm with Miraa, I was always interested in darkroom stuff for TS1 but never found any .... now I do for TS2. Thanks so much.
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#20 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:24 PM
Nifty! nice work Hippi :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:39 PM
I love this set!! Great idea!!

Thak you so much!!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 4:27 PM
Wow, I was hoping a few dark room items would crop up and here they are!

I love this idea, and I'm so glad you created them. Thank you very much for sharing, I am so grateful.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 4:48 PM
I just downloaded it and do not have uni yet, so I will directly load game, test now, and report back ASAP.
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 5:54 PM
Neat, thank you!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 6:10 PM
That is so amazing thanx alot
Page 1 of 3