Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beta Testers Wanted! Long Braid!!!

by saracentner Posted 11th Apr 2005 at 8:03 AM - Updated 12th Apr 2005 at 8:15 PM by saracentner : UPDATE

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:15 AM Last edited by Bubbleberri : 11th Apr 2005 at 8:21 AM.
Looks very Nice. Can have a Lara Croft in the game now. Thanks for sharing this with us..
Testing it for you now..

One question though on a side note. How do you change the angle in bodyshop? I have no idea how to do it.

I'll let you know how the test goes once I load up bodyshop/the Sims
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:18 AM
Nice first attempt. A lot better than anything I can try, but it looks more like a tail coming out of her head than any sort of braid...

Are you trying for a pony tail with a braid at the end or a french braid? It looks like the former, but the skull texture doesn't match up to where the tail starts, and it just kinda looks attached to the back of her head. Maybe some type of hair tie or shape it so it attaches to the scalp better.

Just some suggestions. Maybe all it needs is a good texture. ^^:;
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chbimun
Nice first attempt. A lot better than anything I can try, but it looks more like a tail coming out of her head than any sort of braid...

Are you trying for a pony tail with a braid at the end or a french braid? It looks like the former, but the skull texture doesn't match up to where the tail starts, and it just kinda looks attached to the back of her head. Maybe some type of hair tie or shape it so it attaches to the scalp better.

Just some suggestions. Maybe all it needs is a good texture. ^^:;

yah, i think it looks weird too...maybe i'll add a hair tie to texture...it needs to be connected somehow...i couldn't figure out how to blend the hair into the scalp with the mesh so i was gonna do it with a texture when i sorted out all the animation...thanks for the suggestions though...i am so sleepy i probably will see this tommorow and pull it cause it sucks...
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:16 AM
I think it looks great
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#6 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:19 AM
I like it :P, defnatly room for improvement but i think u did a good job
#7 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:22 AM
Bubbleberri for a free camera in bodyshop press f3
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:38 AM Last edited by Bubbleberri : 11th Apr 2005 at 9:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nemi_89
Bubbleberri for a free camera in bodyshop press f3

Thanks Nemi, That comes in handy.

I have reskinned it a little. It looks more like it is being pulled towards the braid now rather than the other way. Let me know what you think? I dont think I'll work on it any more tonight. I have been working on it non stop since my last post... hehe

I know it doesn't meet 100% but I only need to smudge and blend some lines in together to get those to meet.

I think this is a GREAT start to meshing though. I still cant seem to get it right.. MEH!
Screenshots
Banned
#9 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:41 AM
cheating

last night i said i will make this mesh in day and u made it
lol
good work
looks like lara crofts pony tail
#10 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:47 AM
Verry nice Bubbleberri, i see u'r allready using free camera mode
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 10:02 AM
Verry nice Bubbleberri, i see u'r allready using free camera mode

Hehe come on you know I had to give it a go. :P
#12 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbleberri
Hehe come on you know I had to give it a go. :P

yea, by the way can u post ur recolor (not sure what to call it)

Nobody likes u, everyone left u they'r all out without u, having fun...
#13 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 10:15 AM
Looks good but I like the way Bubbleberri has done it so it doesn't look as attached.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 11:15 AM
You were right sara, it is kick-butt! (I would have substituted "butt" with another word but I'm not sure about this sites policies and I sure ain't gonna bother reading them)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 6:07 PM
nice bubbleberri! i made a few recolors too last night...i was right though...i almost pulled this because it isn't exactly what i want...i'll keep working on it

if you want to send me any recolors you do i will post them in the first post so people can find them (email [email protected] )...i will be posting some too

cheerio
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 6:32 PM
WOW, does look like Lara Croft. Very Nice!
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:55 AM
Wow, nice work ^^
#18 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 11:00 AM
I have a sugestion Sara ... how about making a bigger one...this one is great but i would love a bigger(wider) one too
#19 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 4:48 PM
Very beautiful work, thank you =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 8:16 PM
I have a sugestion Sara ... how about making a bigger one...this one is great but i would love a bigger(wider) one too

you mean longer? i suppose i could...no promises. i'll make one and see how it looks and then i'll decide if it is worthy of realesing. (this one barely is )
Field Researcher
#21 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 12:14 AM
It`s really cute
#22 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saracentner
you mean longer? i suppose i could...no promises. i'll make one and see how it looks and then i'll decide if it is worthy of realesing. (this one barely is )

Actualy i ment "wider" like as if the hair was thiker, i guess the work wolud br thiker(spelling?)

Nobody likes u, everyone left u they'r all out without u, having fun...
#23 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Bri5002 : 13th Apr 2005 at 6:18 PM. Reason: Wird!
Edit!
Oh wierd! I tried te recolor it in red and brown (that worked) but i tried to do it for teens and somthin weird happened.[IMG]werd[/IMG] :werd:

Well heres the recolors i did. thanks for doing the mesh!
[IMG]Untitled1[/IMG] [IMG]Untitled2[/IMG] Ill upload them for download later.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 6:04 PM
Actualy i ment "wider" like as if the hair was thiker, i guess the work wolud br thiker(spelling?)

that was my second guess
i could...i have a lot of projects i want to do now so who knows when it will happen...but it will!
#25 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:38 PM
Sounds great Sara i cant wait
Page 1 of 3