Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 8:45 PM
Gracias. Is there a way to do it with paint since I only got the paint program and no other graphic programs?

Rascal Flatts *heart*
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Nihellennia : 2nd Dec 2005 at 6:49 PM. Reason: Figured out the steps in PSP
The only step I couldn't get to work in PaintShopPro so far is that with the wind. It doesn't look that "streaky" when I apply it in PSP. Anyone got any ideas? I also cannot figure out how to invert the image ... Otherwise, yes, you can do it in PSP as well.

I've played in PhotoShop with the Glass settings, and got some nice results also with the Filter -> Distortion -> Glass -> Artistic -> Plastic Wrap and fiddle around with the settings. Just a suggestion.

After all: great tut! Thanks for posting. Without it, I'd probably never figured out how to do custom eyes from scratch.

Addendum: I just figured out how to do all steps in PSP as well, so, yes, you can transfer the steps and do the tut in PSP, and ought to get the same results. :D
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 5:55 PM
omg thanks alot i just bookmarked this thread..
i didnt think it would be so easy
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 10:25 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to change Maxis default eyes into custom eyes from an existing sim in the game. I've created an entire neighbourhood that consists only of Sim Cribbling skin tones and eye colours but I accidently made a mistake and made a father with Maxis default eyes, so the baby is the odd one out. arg. Help would be greatly appretiated
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 6:26 PM
This tutorial will actually work with any paint program that supports these filters.

I just followed it usin The Gimp, and the only difficulty I had was having to position the swatch manually during the canvass resizing steps
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loslonelyboys201
Gracias. Is there a way to do it with paint since I only got the paint program and no other graphic programs?

No. MSPaint doesnt have all the features needed. Get The Gimp @ Gimp.org

Its free, I've been using it for over a year now and totally love it!
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Star Ranger4
This tutorial will actually work with any paint program that supports these filters.

I just followed it usin The Gimp, and the only difficulty I had was having to position the swatch manually during the canvass resizing steps

Hello StarRanger4:
I tried it with Gimp (2.0) a few hours ago, as I only use Gimp for skinning, and the easiest way to position the swatch is doing it directly in the dialogue that opens when you click "canvas resize" (i use the German version of Gimp, so I am not sure how it is called in the English version).
As soon as you change the size by entering the values, you can already move the swatch in the preview window and it will also show the value of the movement, so if you see it has been moved to the right by 12 pixels, you know it is correct.

I hope that my description was helpful...

By the way: Great, great, great tutorial, and I am very glad it worked with Gimp, otherwise I would have been very sad :-).
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 2:31 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask a question - I hope some of the Gimp users may have the answer: Where do you find the step that is called Marquee, the thing with the feather respectively what is meant by that? This might be a problem of using a German program, but perhaps someone knows the answer nonetheless...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 5:48 PM Last edited by Aurelia : 21st Dec 2005 at 8:32 PM.
I'm about to see if I can do this in psp. cross your fingers!!!

edit to add: cant get it to go. The settings are obviously not the same, and so i dont really know what to try in PSP (7). If anyone has any other helpful hints, that would be great!
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 7:24 PM
Yes, I cannot get it to work in psp either. The "wind" does not make it look as good as the picture. Nihellenia said that it can be done, but how?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 3:32 AM
great Tutorial! Thanks for it...

it seems that i cant follow it with Corel Paint Shop Pro X since there is no option of

image-->Adjustments--Invert

or im just to dumb to find it... because that is as far as i can get... hehe, ill just keep searching :P
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:42 AM
It's amazing me how well this works. All steps of the tutorial work fine for Photoshop LE 5.0 (came with my Graphire) - the only thing I can't do is make an Action because I have a limited edition, but that's fine. I'm happy that now I know how to make any colours I want...!
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 3:45 PM
Awesome tut! I'll try it out soon! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 6:10 PM
I have done it all in a very old and i mean about 15 year old version of corelphotopaint and i can do all the steps except The distort one. And also the wind one looks better when done manually with a streak feature in effect tools. If anyone has found a way to distort with photopaint then please help me!!!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 5:28 AM
I just have to say that this tutorial has helped med LOTS! Thank you for making it! And the suggestion to make it all into action(s) was a really good one! =)
Scholar
#41 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 9:14 PM
Nihellennia: how did u get the wind affect to work in psp? the one in psp all it does is basically blur it for me...did u use soemthing else?

anyone else pull this off using psp wanna help too?
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 8:52 AM
For anyone using PSP 8, this may work for 7/9/X as well, instead of wind go to Effects >> Distortion >> Wave and make your settings as follows.

It won't look exactly the same, but it does the job. You could also play around with the settings to get different effects.

My mommy says I'm special no matter what the other kids say.
The scars are souvenirs you never loose, the past is never far. [. 芭 .]
Test Subject
#43 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 7:27 PM
Oh my gawd. Thanks so much for that!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 6:37 AM
Default Very Pretty
Well, I just had to try it, though I've done eyes that I've liked without the tut. I've included a picture of the eyes I've done. That first two are from this tut, the other 13 are ones I've done before. Of course, none of them are supposed to look realistic. I think they're all pretty. The ones from the tut weren't really easier for me than how I was doing them before, but I'm pretty comfortable with the Gimp. You've done a nice job with the tut and it's easy to follow, even though The Gimp doesn't have exactly the same filters and such.
Screenshots

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Test Subject
#45 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 3:26 AM
HELP! I've followed all the steps you outlined above but when I get to the point where I have to do the polar coordinates I can't get an actual eye...whichever layer I have selected is polarized not the entire thing. I'm not very familiar with photoshop yet...what am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kmm0219
HELP! I've followed all the steps you outlined above but when I get to the point where I have to do the polar coordinates I can't get an actual eye...whichever layer I have selected is polarized not the entire thing. I'm not very familiar with photoshop yet...what am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks

No problem, just do a layer->flatten image before you polarize. Make sure you dont have anything selected when polarizing too. Hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 12:23 AM
That is the greatest tutorial ever!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 12:40 AM
How would you make actions? I want to do it fast. Plz help.
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 1:39 AM
does anyone know what do to when downloading the gimp?
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamMLover
How would you make actions? I want to do it fast. Plz help.

If you're on Photoshop, go to Window>Show Actions. Then on there, press the "Create New Action" button which looks like a page. You'll be brought up with a pop-up. Name your action and press "Record." Then there should be a red dot on the "Actions" panel which means that it's recording all your actions. Do whatever you have to do, but becareful not to mess up. If you do mess up, press the "Stop" button (the square) immediately and drag that action to the trash can. Then press the "Record" button again (the dot and it should turn red) and continue with your work. For some reason, though, I can't record anything that I did with the brush, so I'd recommend having two seperate actions. One for before coloring the pupil and one for after coloring the pupil.

Hoped that helped.
Page 2 of 7