Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: 1957 Chevy Bel Air

by AceHole Posted 14th Apr 2005 at 4:14 AM - Updated 17th Apr 2005 at 3:20 AM by AceHole : NEW reclolor added

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by priddychild
Hey acehole---how come when I suggested that you make a 58' plymouth fury (Christine) I didnt get a reply? :weep: I also posted about a 59' chevy Impala! :D

I am VERY sorry, I must have overlooked your post, please forgive me . I will pay closer attention from here on. Hovever you are not the only one that mentioned CHRISTINE, that is why I posted the RED recolor. I feel so bad now pls don't hate me..... I will see what I can find and to get your request going.......

Thanks
AceHole
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 11:03 PM
now I feel like poo

LOL-you didnt hurt my feelings Ace! I was just picking!

BUT you could make it up to me by making me a 59' :D:DLOL when you have time of course ~wink~

You rock Ace!
Instructor
#53 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:05 PM
Hey Acehole! It's me Daman19942. I requested the coke truck. Could you make me a...(thinks) jaugar coupe? I'd love it. Send me a private message to say yes or no.
Test Subject
#54 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:23 AM
Any chance you could make an old rusty version? Something like the old junker in the Sims 1 comes to mind.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daman19942
Hey Acehole! It's me Daman19942. I requested the coke truck. Could you make me a...(thinks) jaugar coupe? I'd love it. Send me a private message to say yes or no.

I need you to send Pics of what you want / or a detailed description... A Jag could be fun to build!!

Thanks
AceHole
#56 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 4:12 PM
i'd like that cadillac, i don't remember the name, the one thats always pink, light blue, beige and occasionaly black
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 5:43 AM
wish it was real!!!!!!!!
nice choice.....im d/l right away and putting it on my lot excellent work

happy simming
nicole
The ModFather
retired moderator
#58 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 12:25 AM
This car is simply lovely! But 42704 polygons are definitely too many for a single object: my poor PC won't bear the load
I guess that most of the meshes from 3D café were made for static 3D, not real-time game like TS2...

Good work, though! The recolours you made are absolutely excellent, those cars look real!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:44 AM Last edited by AceHole : 30th Apr 2005 at 1:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
This car is simply lovely! But 42704 polygons are definitely too many for a single object: my poor PC won't bear the load
I guess that most of the meshes from 3D café were made for static 3D, not real-time game like TS2...

Good work, though! The recolours you made are absolutely excellent, those cars look real!

Yes!! you are absolutly right!! and I am very sorry for not posting the poly count, it is 42,000+ but, that is divided by the 18 tiles that the car covers, so there are only 2300+ polys per tile just try not to have 15 Chevys in your yard..

thank you for your testing ( I really apriciate the info), It's folks like you that help us meshers make better models

thanks
AceHole

EDIT: yes the idea for the model came from 3Dcafe, but I completely rebuilt the model useing that (excellent model) as a template. I just need to learn more about reducing the poly count.... I am SOOOO sory for any problems that it caused you
The ModFather
retired moderator
#60 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:30 AM
No problems at all! Actually, as I said, my PC isn't that hi-tech monster that I'd like to have And yes, I like this car so much that I would have 15 on my lot! :D

Anyway, this post by Atavera may be useful to reduce polygons in complex meshes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
No problems at all! Actually, as I said, my PC isn't that hi-tech monster that I'd like to have And yes, I like this car so much that I would have 15 on my lot! :D

Anyway, this post by Atavera may be useful to reduce polygons in complex meshes.

OMG!! I just realized I was talking to the "LEGEDARY Numenor".....I feel privilaged!!!!! DUDE... YOU ROCK!!!! thank you!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#62 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:28 PM
Eh, what an exaggeration! But... WHAT?! How you dare talking to me without bowing to the floor!!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th May 2005 at 10:28 PM Last edited by jimmie123456789 : 5th May 2005 at 10:31 PM.
Thanks for making a red Bel-Air, I love those cars.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 6th May 2005 at 1:42 AM
Those are beautifu....

*dies happy*
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th May 2005 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AceHole
Christine??? Are you talking about the Stephen King book/movie?? If you are then Christine was a '58 Plymouth Fury (I think, correct me if I am wrong). At any rate the "BLOOD" red would be very kewl!!! you gimme a few hours and you got it....watch for "EDIT"'s to the original post.....

Thanks
AceHole

Correctomundo. Christine rules. \m/
Test Subject
#66 Old 7th May 2005 at 1:43 AM
I agree.
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th May 2005 at 1:46 AM
When I went to play the sims I couldn't find the car. What file do I put it in because I couldn't find it when I installed it under downloads.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 9th May 2005 at 8:30 PM
this ROCKS! thank u very much!!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st May 2005 at 7:53 AM
Smashing.. Thanks a lot these look great no matter who made them..
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:28 AM
I would absolutely die if someone made a 1970-72 Chevy Nova SS or a 70 Mustang Fastback (FAV CARS). If someone can please email me. [email protected]
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 9:35 PM
Your the bomb
Test Subject
#72 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 6:03 PM
Can you make a Ford Thunderbird Convertible -56? I would be thankful.

Your Chevys looks great.
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 6:06 PM
I am VERY sorry, I must have overlooked your post, please forgive me . I will pay closer attention from here on. Hovever you are not the only one that mentioned CHRISTINE, that is why I posted the RED recolor. I feel so bad now pls don't hate me..... I will see what I can find and to get your request going.......

Thanks
AceHole

Christine isn't an Impala -59. She is a Plymouth -58. So thats it.

"Ohana means family and family means that no one is left behind or forgotten." /Stitch

"I'm on caffeine and sugar" /ME
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 5:02 AM
Christine??? Are you talking about the Stephen King book/movie?? If you are then Christine was a '58 Plymouth Fury (I think, correct me if I am wrong). At any rate the "BLOOD" red would be very kewl!!! you gimme a few hours and you got it....watch for "EDIT"'s to the original post.....

Thanks
AceHole

YEP!!!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 2:17 PM
i hope you can make this car into a real one in nightlife.
Page 3 of 5