Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sleigh Style Day Bed *Updated 4/17*

by SnowStorm Posted 14th Apr 2005 at 3:52 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:53 PM by whitesiren

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 4:01 PM
Looks great!!! Will test them tonight!!! Thank you for all of your hard work! I love it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 4:03 PM
Awww! I've collected every item in this set! Please make more!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 4:45 PM
Awesome job! Looks real nice, thanks for all the nice objects you've made!
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 4:54 PM
:idea: hi,what a great idea,i have downloaded your fantastic day bed and will test this evening............thankyou !!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:26 PM
I've been wanting a daybed forever! Any chance of making the white frame with a light pink or lavendar ruffle for my little girls' rooms? Please!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:44 PM
I've downloaded....great job!
Banned
#8 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:57 PM
i love these
they are very useful
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:53 PM
awesome how about some lite pink
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:59 PM
I love these! Thank you!
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 7:07 PM
Love your work!
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 7:40 PM
Wow........Love it, love it, love it!
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 9:07 PM
i have a bed almost like that! thx soooo much!
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 9:21 PM
YAY! OMG! I have been DYING for a daybed! Thank you so much! Id love a metal wrought iron one *wink* *nudge* *giggle*
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 9:26 PM
awesome!!thank you!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheerleader_diva
awesome how about some lite pink

With what color frame?

I'm going to do white with pink and white with lavender per above request, will that work for you or do you need pink with the oak and/or cherry?

Quote: Originally posted by WinterLily
YAY! OMG! I have been DYING for a daybed! Thank you so much! Id love a metal wrought iron one *wink* *nudge* *giggle*

I could prolly be talked into this
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 10:09 PM
Hallelujah!

Thank you so much for making this! I love all your sleigh furniture. I was trying to make a "sleigh style" daybed(sorta based on how you made your furniture, but I didn't use your mesh as the base, I used the expensive single bed). I have since given up on the attempt because I absolutely cannot get it to work. Oh well. Yours looks a lot better than mine did, anyway! You have a gift for this, I think.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 10:10 PM
I tried these in my game and they're wonderful but the white one doesnt work. Actually i dont think the download is right because it says its only 23.4 kb and the others are like 500 kb. ?????
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdrvn54
I tried these in my game and they're wonderful but the white one doesnt work. Actually i dont think the download is right because it says its only 23.4 kb and the others are like 500 kb. ?????

I'm not sure why you are having issues with the white. I just downloaded it and put that package in game and all the white frames/ruffles are showing.

Do you see the oak and cherry ones?

The size does look wierd, but when you unzip it it is around 2mb. The white texture compresses alot.

Is anyone else having issues with the white?
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 2:18 AM
The oak and cherry are there. Just no white. I'll try downloading it again.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 4:27 AM
I see you made my requests already. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:21 AM
Yay. This is cool, useful, nice, all that good stuff, and thank you!

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be possible to have ruffle bit of the frame use part of the bedding texture? Like say the sheets? That way you'd almost always have a decent match & not have to make so many versions. Well, probably not possible, or very complicated, or I suppose you'd have done something like that already.

Just thinking out loud, I suppose. In any case, I quite like this, and thank you again!
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by furtivestar
Yay. This is cool, useful, nice, all that good stuff, and thank you!

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be possible to have ruffle bit of the frame use part of the bedding texture? Like say the sheets? That way you'd almost always have a decent match & not have to make so many versions. Well, probably not possible, or very complicated, or I suppose you'd have done something like that already.

Just thinking out loud, I suppose. In any case, I quite like this, and thank you again!

I did attempt this, but what you would have to do is add to the bedding mesh. The bedding mesh is very animated. I attempted to use the "add to mesh" functionality in the mesh tool, but that made my bedding explode, polys flying all over the place. Was quite a scary site. It may be possible to do this using either the smd or the milkshape plugin, but I don't know the XSI mod tool or milkshape. I haven't given up on it though just put it on the back burner until I have some experience with xsi or milkshape, or if I can find a subset that doesn't move.
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowStorm
I'm not sure why you are having issues with the white. I just downloaded it and put that package in game and all the white frames/ruffles are showing.

Do you see the oak and cherry ones?

The size does look wierd, but when you unzip it it is around 2mb. The white texture compresses alot.

Is anyone else having issues with the white?

I deleted the white bed and redownloaded and it works now! Dont know why, but it works and thats all that matters. YAY! I love them. Thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 6:14 PM
I'm glad you got it working!
Page 1 of 4