Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Invisi-surface collection Update! 4/17

by redeth20 Posted 16th Apr 2005 at 11:23 AM - Updated 13th Oct 2008 at 5:40 PM by -Maylin-

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 11:41 AM
These sound great, will be happy to test them for you, thank you very much for sharing them with us.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 11:46 AM
Excellent Idea, my wifeyis gonna love this!! Great job!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 11:51 AM
Very cool! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:11 PM
Thank you for making these. I think it's a great idea. You can probably also use them for objects that normally don't let you put things on top of them like the university vanity mirror. I put a table under it once and a lamp sat on the vanity at about the right height, but the ends of the table were sticking out so it will probably work better with one of these.

The fireplace mantles also allow some objects to be placed on them so maybe you could do an invisible version of that.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:14 PM
Quote:
Thankyous go out to Marvine and Numenor I couldn't have done it with out you guys and also the geniuses who created SIMPE.

*considers having a heartattack* You're too nice! :D

And I have to thank YOU, because I didn't even think of this use for invisible objects! Pretty lamely, I just wanted something to keep my sims from swimming out of my painted seas and ponds... It's a GREAT idea, the placing of objects is so annoying. Now we can have all the clutter a house needs to feel lived in!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:36 PM
Well, I have been as frustrated as you with this middle placement ... but obviously not as talented. Thank you so much for making these and sharing them.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:42 PM
i think this idea is a very clever one, but at the same have to laugh at what Maxis makes us resort to when decorating our homes.

Id rather the counters had no shadow though. Looks a little wierd in the game.

Thank you though.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 10:51 PM
If this works. I will kiss your toesies. Virtually speaking, of course. Thanx.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 1:15 AM Last edited by redeth20 : 19th Apr 2005 at 12:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by marvine
*considers having a heartattack* You're too nice! :D

And I have to thank YOU, because I didn't even think of this use for invisible objects! Pretty lamely, I just wanted something to keep my sims from swimming out of my painted seas and ponds... It's a GREAT idea, the placing of objects is so annoying. Now we can have all the clutter a house needs to feel lived in!

It's not lame marvine your work helped me complete mine you're awesome! :clap: Anyway now everyone's happy

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I'm glad I could contribute something to the community. It's nice to be able to give something back to all you wonderful people. :dance:
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 8:39 AM
Great !! This will definitely come in handy. Thank you !!!! :clap:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 12:15 AM
I've updated with a new counter! hopefully it will work better!

I was wondering if there was anything else I should try to make invisible?
Any suggestions? :yippee:
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 12:25 AM
invisiable light.. XD i dunno lol MAybe so you dont need the light itself showing up and just have the effects.

I'm definately downloading these ^_^ THanks!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 7:17 PM
Great idea. I've used these more than I thought I would. One good idea is to put one by the mailbox for the sims to put their mail on, without having an end table sitting out by the curb. Thanks.
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 9:27 PM
Yay!! Thank you so much for making these!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 1:27 PM
Great! I've been hoping for an invisible item for the ends of my baby grand and for my limo. I hate when they walk through them! I can also think of a few tables already ingame that could use a couple more decor items Thank you!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 1:49 PM
You know I visit this site at least 4 times a day and I missed this download completely, like many others on here, lol. Great idea this is. Deeme
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th May 2006 at 5:26 AM
Thanks for all the work you put into this! It's a super idea. I can't wait to use it in my game!
Instructor
#19 Old 29th May 2006 at 11:29 AM
I agree, ever since I find out about the snapobjects cheat, I've been wanting a way to have numerous objects on one surface, this is just the thing.

Thankyou for making such a brilliant object :bow:

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 2:35 PM
Unfortunately, I can not get this to work in my game. I just recently reinstalled my Sims 2 original game after about 2 years and now this great work of art is not working. I sent the artist a PM. I hope they get it and can fix the problems with this. I really. really miss having this in my game. I can only hope that some day I will be able to get this back, lol. Deeme
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 3:23 AM
Hi There!

What a Wonderful Idea! I cannot wait to try them out with my Sims. Thank You!