Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - More bathroom clutter UPDATED - FIXED please download new files

by nikkibailey Posted 19th Apr 2005 at 7:19 PM - Updated 26th Apr 2005 at 4:21 AM by nikkibailey

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Banned
#2 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:22 PM
vey nice
but i will only download if u put all files in one package
i dont download seperate
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:29 PM Last edited by TheSims2Master : 19th Apr 2005 at 7:32 PM.
Awesomely cool, oh yeah, about your problem, well *only* the frost de fluer bud vase (May be slightly different, the name escapes me) lets you use more than one object on the counter, so you must clone this if you want that effect, or take whatever info is needed about where it can be placed and put it in this package, but it is easier just to clone the vase. I have told you this before so if you did do this, I don't know why it doesn't function correctly.

btw, Owaizoo, if you could be bothered to look, there is only *3* files to download, and that is not a lot.....
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:41 PM
More clutter! Just what I needed, thank you.
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:48 PM
Nikki, thanks for more clutter and for posting the counts and keeping them relatively low. LOL You had to go there with the feminine products didn't you. Well Hairfish will be happy, she asked The Fuzixman to make them, but I don't think he was too interested.

owaizoo: It's 3 clicks instead of one, don't be lazy. :p
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:53 PM
Great items!!! Thank you!!! Would it be possible to make a solid version of the gel tube or is that something that can be easily done in recolouring? I eagerly await anything and everything you produce! Keep up the great work and thank you again for your wonderful service to the community!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:09 PM
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:12 PM
wow more clutter!
thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:27 PM Last edited by nikkibailey : 19th Apr 2005 at 8:35 PM. Reason: because I'm an idiot
Motoki: you should see my daughter's next product LOL

TheSims2Master: I believe I did clone the vase so not sure what I'm doing wrong....will have to look more into it
***edit***duh I'm thinking of the wrong vase....ok so I'm blonde...so sue me :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:34 PM
Nice clutter
Thank you :D
#11 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:49 PM
Awesome work, thank you
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:50 PM
Cool! Love the realism. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:55 PM
very nice, can't have enough clutter, thanks a lot

and i think there will also be enough tester for this nice stuff, so you could pass on the lazy owaizoo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:58 PM
Innis:

To make the gel tube solid when recoloring, I believe all you have to do is the following:

when the recoloring window comes up to choose the subset you wish to recolor, the transparent gel tube is the "vase" subset

go to texture image; in plugin view you'll see that it appears to be transparent. You'll need to change both the texture itself as well as the alpha channel (right now alpha channel is dark gray). Re-import both textures, update all sizes, commit

go to material definition; in plugin view change stdMatAlphaBlendMode to none; change stdMatSpecSoef to 0,0,0 ; and change stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha to 0; then click on commit (this keeps the tube blue, but be careful because now the label looks a little weird….sorry I couldn’t get a better shape when meshing it).

I believe that should be all you need to do to now have a solid tube (you won't see the bubbles this way). Keep in mind this will change the lid on the Spoil Me bottle as well and if you downloaded the version with the “glass shell” on the manipulator jar, this will change that appearance also. So my suggestion for recolors is to download the hairproducts-NoOutGlass version.

This should work. For this posting, I actually changed the material definition in my actual mesh rather than recoloring, but the steps should be the same.

Good luck,
Nikki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:00 PM
part of the reason I posted the 3 separate files is because of the 2 versions of the hair products....I didn't want people getting them confused....my bad if that's not the ideal way to do it
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 10:16 PM
i love these things, I used snapobjectstogrid false and moveobjects and put them around my sims bathroom sinks and its amazing how much it adds to the bathrooms, especially the towels and other wall things. These are great.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 10:29 PM
You know what would really be funny... If you mod the Kotex box to act like a naked Sim or a Sim on a toilet... that when another Sim walks into the same room, the Sim screams. LOL :D
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 10:32 PM
Hahah, that would be funny! For some bizarre reason, in my one of my houses there's a microwave that all the sims jump and scream at all the time, but this would make more sense.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 10:37 PM
Cool, Thanks. Much better than candles, what's up with that?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:25 AM
That's so cute! I can't help it; I love the dollhouse aspect of Sims.... Xp Great stuff!
Scholar
#21 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:55 AM
Fantastic! Thank you both so much!
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#22 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:13 AM
great stuff Nikki!.....(not sure my guys will use the Kotex though!) ...
Instructor
#23 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:33 AM
hahahaha.. yea i don't think i would have made the kotex box. you stuff looks great! Btw if you want your stuff to be "clutterable" you would have to clone something like a hanging plant or a picture and then size your object to sit on the counter. There are both pros and cons to doing this, but most of it is fixable.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:14 AM
Cool! Very realistic! It's gonna be really funny to see how my male Sims react after lookin' in my female Sims' bathrooms...

Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:00 AM
Fuzmixman: Yea I realized later after Sims2master mentioned the vase that like the dumb blonde idiot that I am I was cloning the wrong thing.....gonna try to go back and fix most of my posts so they'll work better....thanks for the compliments, comments, and critiques. I'm learning tons from you all
Page 1 of 3