Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

17 New Tri Light Street Lamps

by justmoi Posted 24th Apr 2005 at 4:54 AM - Updated 18th Oct 2008 at 9:35 PM by -Maylin-

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:04 AM
Thank you! I lost these recolors when I installed Uni and have been waiting for them to resurface.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:46 AM
Excellent!
Just today I was thinking of doing a recolor on the tri-lamps because I hate only having the green. Thank you so much for saving me the time and sharing your work!

:elephant:
Banned
#4 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:54 AM
these are very beautiful
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 8:15 AM
Very nice, I like the gold and black ones, thanks.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 9:16 AM
These work fine with EP.
Thanks, Justmoi.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 11:48 AM
These are great! Thank You! Thank You!

Quote:
Life is not about the amount of breaths you take, it's about the moments that take your breath away.
#8 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 9:45 PM
Hi everyone! :howdy:
justmoi , I downloaded and installed the "COLOUR ENABLED PACKAGES", then unzipped your files to my "My Docs..../.../Downloads" folder. But the additionnal colors don't show up in my game.
I tried to go here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32448 (the link you provided) to read about beta test recolors, but I get an error (you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons....blah blah blah
I really like the colors in the pics! Please help!
Thank you for your time, and for sharing!
Tony.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Glottis
Hi everyone! :howdy:
justmoi , I downloaded and installed the "COLOUR ENABLED PACKAGES", then unzipped your files to my "My Docs..../.../Downloads" folder. But the additionnal colors don't show up in my game.
I tried to go here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32448 (the link you provided) to read about beta test recolors, but I get an error (you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons....blah blah blah
I really like the colors in the pics! Please help!
Thank you for your time, and for sharing!
Tony.

I've removed the reference since the thread is no longer available. However, the gist of installing the objects is to download and install CEP (v2.0 is current) and unzip the lights to your ../My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads directory as you've done.

When you click on the street light thumbnail, none of the colours are available?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 6:15 AM
Thank you Justmoi they are great, I've been wanting some recolours of these lights.
#11 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justmoi
When you click on the street light thumbnail, none of the colours are available?

No, just the original one. And I tried to redesign the original after buying it, but nothing...

I've already tried other object recolors (phones) yesterday, and they work fine.

Thx for ur time justtoi.
I'll post back if I find out what the prob is.

Tony.
#12 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 3:36 PM
Awesome work, thank you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glottis
No, just the original one. And I tried to redesign the original after buying it, but nothing...

I've already tried other object recolors (phones) yesterday, and they work fine.

Thx for ur time justtoi.
I'll post back if I find out what the prob is.

Tony.

I wish I could help you figure out what's wrong. I've tried the lights with CEP v2.0 in University and the original TS2 and they work for me. I have just about every recolour from MTS2 installed but no hacks/careers. Do you have any hacks installed? BTW, are you playing University?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th May 2005 at 1:56 PM
Glottis, you're not alone. These recolors didn't show up in my game either. I even tried my own recolors and they also didn't appear :confused:

Then I tried them on my other computer with a "better" video card and there they were! So it must be computer related, maybe something like the problem with the colonial bedframes not showing up and other issues.

They look very nice :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:34 PM
Nice! But not showing up in my game as well, and I have CEP. Thanks anyway.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 4:11 PM
The recolors don't show up in my game either. I do not have university installed. But every other object that I have downloaded recolors for is there. It seems that if it were the graphics card, I'd have trouble with other recolors for objects.

Weird.

Vivi
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vivisand214
The recolors don't show up in my game either. I do not have university installed. But every other object that I have downloaded recolors for is there. It seems that if it were the graphics card, I'd have trouble with other recolors for objects.

Weird.

Vivi

Do you happen to have v2.0 of the CEP installed?

Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:02 PM Last edited by vivisand214 : 4th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM. Reason: added information
Default Tri-Light recolors
Yes I have the CEP 2.0 installed.

I have also downloaded recolors from 2 other sites and they do not show in game either. When I click the thumnail in lighting all I get is the picture and description for the Maxis original. I do not have this problem with any other object in the game.

I am using only TS2. I do not have University.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 6:43 PM
Yes I have the CEP 2.0 installed.

I have also downloaded recolors from 2 other sites and they do not show in game either. When I click the thumnail in lighting all I get is the picture and description for the Maxis original. I do not have this problem with any other object in the game.

I am using only TS2. I do not have University.

That is so weird. I wish I had an answer for you. There is nothing special about this lamp - all you need is the CEP and if you have that installed it should work just fine. I tried them on a machine that only has TS2 installed and the lamps showed up in the game as colour options. The only items installed were the Maxis-made downloads and CEP v2.0 dated March 14. I'm sorry but I can't think what the problem is.
Screenshots

Instructor
#20 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:37 AM
i had a problem with these recolors not showing. but when i created my own version eg on this thread: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=68378
i cant see the diferance between mine and yours except my have a invisible post.
havent tried your version again yet but will let you know what happens.
:D
Instructor
#21 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 1:00 AM
:howdy:
they work they all apeared this time. There seems to be no real reason why my other two attempts at trying failed to get them to apear .
:bump:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mike190870
:howdy:
they work they all apeared this time. There seems to be no real reason why my other two attempts at trying failed to get them to apear .
:bump:

Thanks for the info. I guess they're just a problem object. Maybe one day somebody will figure out why. Again, thanks for all the effort you put into this issue.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 5:33 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have added 10 new colours to these street lamps. Take care.

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 4:11 PM
I have also tried to get these wonderful recolors to work in my game with no luck. I did go and get the new CEP. That helped with the phone recolors, but not these. Oh well, I am sure that someone will figure it out. I still really like them a lot. And I am glad that they do work for some.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:37 PM

Weird.

Vivi

Same here! And I really wanted these. :grrr:
Page 1 of 2