Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Testers Wanted* *Updated 4-27* Gothic Dress w/tight bodice

by grykon Posted 27th Apr 2005 at 1:26 AM - Updated 2nd Jun 2005 at 1:29 AM by grykon

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:32 AM
gothic renfest dress
You are on the right track! But I think the dress should definitely cover the shoes, floor-length. I do not think the sleeves should be puffy at all. Tight sleeves, lace-up, floor-length. If you implement these suggestions my Sim women in the medival neighborhood will be wearing it. Consider making some teen renaissance dresses, would be MOST appreciated.
Thanks and good work!
Mamakin :howdy:

Mamakin
"Ui me amat, amet canem meum."
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:33 AM Last edited by RachieBoBachie : 27th Apr 2005 at 1:36 AM.
Default cool
I think its really pretty! great job!
(ooh am i the first to download!! awesome!!)

edit:aww man, second......
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:43 AM
It looks great Tim, the bodice is just right. My skirt is floor length on the gown, and sometimes I wear three or four crinolines to poof it out. Other days I prefer the dress without them(it's cooler, and easier to use the restroom*grin*). The problem with a full skirt for a sim is the disappearing hands.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:47 AM
this is soo beutiful! great job...maybe a version with the sleeves a little longer..just a thought lol oh and I like the puff sleeves they look nice!
#6 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:47 AM
Love the gown, though I agree it prolly should cover the shoes. I think the puffy sleeves are lovely, so if you change it, don't make it overwrite. Also, I don't know that I've seen that hair anywhere before (I've downloaded a lot though, so I'm not sure). Could you point me/us to where it's available?
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:59 AM
Nice, I love it. ^_^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:08 AM
Thanks for the comments, I will be looking at all the possible options for it...When I make changes to the mesh I will make sure to create a whole new mesh so it don't over-write

Evenstar - That hair I believe came from http://www.pronupsims.net

So many talented folks out there...none less so then the people who sweated over the code to figure out how to pull the files out of the game, alter them and put them back in again! My hat is off to everyone who has made this possible and contributed to the community here!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:17 AM
good work!
Inventor
#10 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:04 AM
I have it in my game and it looks great. Nice choice of colour too (even though I am not a green fan), it's a nice change to all the dark colours I have.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing any manifestations of this style. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 5:17 AM
Ooh, looks great! But yes, I think it'd look better a bit longer.

(...any chance it'd be available for teens in the future? :P)
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#12 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 8:17 AM
sooo pretty, all hail the great tim :P
Instructor
#13 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:12 PM
kool
#14 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 6:05 PM
It's beautiful, thank you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemi_89
sooo pretty, all hail the great tim :P

*laugh* Oh Puleaz! *laugh*

Thanks all...By this weekend I hope to have new meshes with different changes made to it...I will also be looking at the teen mesh and seeing if I can adapt it the same way...though I will need a skin for it...I'm not much of a skinner...any volunteers?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 1:42 AM
Okay...well this update made most of the changes everyone was looking at...I am still considering making the dress bellow...I will also be looking at a teen version of it...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 2:04 AM Last edited by maniac19642003 : 28th Apr 2005 at 2:29 AM.
These all look really nice Tim, I know Katt's gonna love using these, that Rentfest Geek Woman lol..
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 2:25 AM
I love them! Red is my favorite color....I can't wait to make some more recolors.

HUGS!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:00 AM
Looks lovely!

However,is it possible to make a wider skirt along with the puffs and short sleeves,to make it appear even more authentic?

Thank you for a well done mesh :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 8:11 PM
oooh..........purdy.............i wish i lived in medievil times....they all look soooo pretty!!!
Instructor
#21 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:56 AM
Hey Tim, the other colors weren't in the file....I liked the red one, can I have it lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katt1367
Hey Tim, the other colors weren't in the file....I liked the red one, can I have it lol.

Each mesh should have one color...I was so busy editing the mesh into 3 meshes and coloring the skins that I didn't think about converting each skin tone for each mesh...I will try to do it tomorrow...not really up to the challenge tonight. Still looking at doing a teen version and considering the fuller dress...

Whats everyone's opinion on the fuller dress? What about the teen version?

Tim
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 5:07 AM
Wonderful if you could make a teen version,they certainly need something new!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:46 AM
Wonderful, thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:43 PM
I made the recolors for each mesh, so as soon as they are approved you should be able to get the recolors if you want them.
Page 1 of 2