Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Men's Coast Guard Uniform

by bryan27 Posted 27th Apr 2005 at 11:29 PM - Updated 3rd May 2005 at 5:27 AM by bryan27

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 10:30 AM
Hey I am the first to comment this one, it looks very cool from the picture, will test it in game. Thank you!!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 2:28 PM
this is really nice. think you could make the navy one.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 4:00 PM
wow brilliant work my dad is a coast guard
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:12 PM
Phily, I'm in the Aux so we all wear the same uniforms

Tinkerbell, although my dad was in the navy for 30 years I don't remember what the uniforms looked like. Is there a site where I can see the standard uniforms? It may be a while as I have to get in the creative mood. The CG uniform was a two night project.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 7:37 AM
I've never posted before, but hopefully this will go through. I am very anxious for military uniforms, Navy and Marine in particular, and when I saw your post, I did a quick search. I don't know how to make my own clothes, so I thought I'd try to help. These links, if they work, have some decent pictures. I hope you can use them.

http://www.rhydin.org/uniform/usnavy/usnesdb.jpg
http://www.rhydin.org/uniform/usnavy/bnphoto99.jpg
http://www.navy-nex.com/command/abo...r-uniforms.html
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:57 PM
I was so excited to see this, as I have a friend in the Coast Guard ... however, I can't get the clothing to show up in my game. The package files are in my Download folder, but don't appear at all in the Create A Sim feature.

Is it just me?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:57 PM
Cricket96, I'm sorry to hear that. There was a similar problem with some other article of clothing I did and it worked for some, but for a few others it wouldn't work. I'm not sure what the problem might be but I had a similar thing happen while downloading, but it went away when I got the EP. Do you have the University Expansion Pack? I'm wondering if with me having the EP if it makes the package files not work with those without the EP.

If anyone has gotten the files to work or not work PM me and let me know and if you have the EP or not. It will help me track down the problem.

I've also noticed that the clothing won't show up if it is put in a separate folder in the download folder. So it can't go in a folder in the download folder. Does that make sense?

If I can't locate the problem I'll create a sim2pack file (which should work, but is very large) of what you see in the image (me as a sim and the uniform).

Dylanne, thanks for the links. These are exactly the type of pics I need to refer to for accuracy. If I remember correctly (working from childhood memories here) the shoes are black high polished cordivan.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st May 2005 at 4:47 PM
I'm not sure of the exact material, but I do remember from my stint in the Navy that the shoes are always shined to a mirror-like sheen. Thanks for all your effort, I can't wait to see them!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th May 2005 at 11:19 PM
bryan ... thank you sooo much for the pack file.

I'll try it out tonight.

You are the greatest for doing this ... :yippee:
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 7:08 PM
It's such a good idea. But they can't show up in Bodyshop or the game, because the files are packed from the wrong place. You need to pack the files, placed in the Saved Sims folder. These are useless. Sorry.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:57 PM
Bryan, thank you very much for this download. I look in my closet at my old Tropical Blues, and they match perfectly! Thanks again. Semper Paratus!!