Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Update: Magical Keumungo v.1.02 - for TS2 + Ep - Now compatible with Insimenator!

by Flyby Posted 30th Apr 2005 at 2:49 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2005 at 10:16 PM by Flyby

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 81 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 2:55 PM
I Don't know what knue... something is but this looks cool keep them comin :mrpantha:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 2:59 PM
Do you think that you could make one that scares or makes love between sims instead of jealous? :mrpantha:
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 3:22 PM
I don't have much trouble with jealousy, but great job on the sound. If you keep the sound and base object with even better hacks you could go far! I have always liked that Keumungo!

Aha, I feel the power of the undead within me!
Now I must shun the sun and seek the night!
Bleh Bleh!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 3:29 PM
I m ougtta b sure to rely on this obj
My sims live in peace yet
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 3:40 PM
id love to try this but i neeed the insim is there any way you can make them compatble?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:52 PM
Carlydunham: I'm afraid it is not possible to make Insiminator and MaKeum compatible. This is because they use the same Global function to block jealousy but with a different method. Also I'm not quite sure whether the jealousy-thing really works in Erics (much appreciated!) Insiminator. But you could try to install both of them at the same time anyway and see whether it works or not.

Matthew: There is a magic voodoo bottle here on MTS2, that does make Sims fall in love. Maybe you could try that. Cocerning your second question - Making Sims afraid - I think there is no way, 'cause this behavior is not provided by the game itself.
Scholar
#8 Old 1st May 2005 at 12:23 AM
Great Idea! I'll test it out for you and see how it goes. By the way, thanks for sharing it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd May 2005 at 9:41 AM
I would love to give this a go...you put so much effort into it... but... the Insiminator is now a crucial part of my game
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd May 2005 at 6:05 PM
oh man! I was asking for this! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd May 2005 at 7:05 PM
Wow, this is a great object. I've always wanted sims to be able to have casual romantic relationships between partners and this would be a great object to make this happen! Thank you!
I haven't really used the insiminator too much so I suppose I can do without it most of the time, just gotta remember to remove it. lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 9:04 PM
There is an update now for all of you who want to use the Keumungo while having the INSIMENATOR installed!

Have fun!
Instructor
#13 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 10:23 PM
I really like this object, I glad you made the two compatible so I can download the insimenator now..
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 3:03 AM
this is EXACTLY what i've been looking for! thankyouuu!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 5:47 AM
FINALLY! Something that is totally compatible with the inSimenator!

:werd:

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 3:59 PM Last edited by roachandlazygirl : 7th Jul 2005 at 9:10 PM.
Earlier today I asked “could the sound installation be optional as opposed to rendering the object useless without the sounds installed?

Apparently, neglecting to install the custom sounds in the game installation folder prevents your mod from being functional.

I modified it so it would not be linked to the custom sounds as well as some string modifications. I sincerely hope you do not object. I placed many links to your original mod and greatly promoted your original mod.

If you prefer you may take the one I modified and move it to this thread under your name. Ultimately, I have only given your work more exposure by strategic Title key word usage and mention.

Thank you for all your work.

Also: I would like to add the code to some other objects to give downloaders the option of having other objects do the same thing. Please express your thoughts.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 12:15 AM
Thanks! This works very well, too. I love the sound. Great job--- I suck at hacking objects lol. I can only make them and do genetics hahaha.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 8:41 PM
What a great item! Put a couple of romantic sims in the same household and you can have great fun with this! Thanks.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:10 PM
hello and thanks for this great object but i found one problem with it !!!
It seem that you can't woohoo in the hottub without sims getting jealous...
But i really liked your objects soo thank you soo much
Forum Resident
#20 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 6:12 PM
I like the jelosuosy in there it makes it more relasitc or you could have an affair when one of te lover sims is not there.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 6:29 PM
thats a WEIRD! thing for mortal sims to have
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Flyby : 4th Aug 2005 at 7:48 PM.
roachandlazygirl :

I 've been on vacation for a few weaks. Looking through MTS2 I found your message about your intention to make a Keumungo mod without sound.
First of all: I don't mind. But on the other hand I don't believe this mod is really nessecary, 'cause the original Magical Keumungo object should also work without the sound-package.
Also I don't believe that there could be any conflicts with other (build-in) sounds cause my sounds do not replace any of Maxis original ones and are adressed with unique id''s and are called (that means: played) by individual track-files. So - if one follows the installation instruction there should be no problem.
Anyway - if you need my help or cooperation in modding new objects (or make them sound), I'm ready for that.

Flyby.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:16 PM
First I want to say that I absolutely love your solution to jealousy and the mystical story behind it!

I'm having a problem though with it crashing my game when the phone rings (occasionally) and always when the cell and house phones ring together. I've removed the Magical Keumungo and its files, and the problem goes away.

I'm running the University EP and only 2 other hacks. One is the coffee cup fix (coffeecuphack), and the other is the espresso machine hack (Power_Espresso-SimCutie).

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if a fix might be possible. I've scanned this thread and didn't see any other mention of it. I'm going to try reinstalling the Keumungo and also the phone hack to stop my phones from ringing to see if that fixes the crashing. With 3 adults and 2 kids, the phones were driving me crazy anyhow, and they really need that bit of mystical extra to help them get along. ;-) Still, it would be great to see a fix in case this doesn't work or if I should ever want the phones on again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Flyby : 8th Aug 2005 at 6:09 PM.
Alexae: :howdy:

I'm sorry that you're having problems with the Magical Keumungo.
I use the Keumungo in a household where they have the (hacked) expresso machine and I have the coffee-cup-hack in my game also. One person in that household is owning a cell-phone and they have a regular phone as well. So far I didn't experience any crashes, although I've been playing on that lot for hours and hours.
I will look inside the code of those hacks - in order to confirm whether the reason for your crashes is a conflict of your installed hacks with the Keumungo or not
To be shure to have the right code it would be a good idea if you send me a copy of those (2) hacks by e-mail (as attachments) to see that the hacks you use are realy identical with those that I use.
ps: Do you run TS2 or TS2 Ep1 ?
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 6:47 PM
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! I've been out of town for several weeks and also have had to replace my mother board. :argh:

Speaking of 'puter problems.... I'm thinking the MB issue may have been causing several of the problems I had in Sims 2 and other programs. I haven't had a crash since the repair. Also, I turned the ringer off on my phones which has been a big help too. So, I'm using the Keumungo with no troubles at all and loving it!

I'm going to test with turning the phones back on to be sure there are no problems, but I'm really thinking the whole thing was caused by my MB issues. Also, I'm running TS2, EP1.

Thanks so much for making this for us! I'll post again if I notice a problem with the phones back on.
Page 1 of 4