Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teleport anywhere, Wait Here and 1x1 Teleporter Rug << UPDATED: 09/08/2007 <<

by monique Posted 2nd May 2005 at 10:57 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:47 AM by Christy1077

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Banned
#2 Old 2nd May 2005 at 11:07 AM
Sounds good! I'll download it in a minute
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd May 2005 at 11:14 AM
Is it possible to make it like a pad on a floor and u can only teleport to that pad. ( sims 1 style kind of )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2005 at 11:25 AM
jambo89,
yes of course but somebody already did that you can find that from simslice site (pay site)...maybe after this one i'll consider that as my next project.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Kato : 2nd May 2005 at 1:03 PM.
Yeah, that one's really good, someone should make a free clone of it.

On-topic: This sounds cool, but how does it work with the InSIMenator (which adds a similar function, no effects though)?

-Kato

EDIT: That really didn't sound right up there, I meant a similar object that is for free, not a clone of the Simslice teleporter posted somewhere! (as that would be illegal...:D)
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:08 PM
The only problem with the simslice one is that it isnt free. If you made one that would be cool.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:34 PM
This is good, but I doubt I'll use it, since I don't like the thought of teleporting everywhere for the fun of it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd May 2005 at 2:26 PM
sounds brilliant downloading now
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:19 PM
kato,
I tried insimenator before but the problem is when you teleported a sim who is in sitting you're going to have a prob with object in use and end up with ctrl-shift c.
I was not using insimenator when i tested it but i think insimenator uses different slot, tried it.

jambo89,
our teleporter pad is done and i'm waiting for my permission from this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9807#post429807
Hoping they will allow us to use their objects - 1x1 rug.
so that it's free, i hate pay site...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd May 2005 at 5:24 PM
Cool but wills this cause problems with the game while sitting and you choose teleport it might crash (i know you said it won't but still might because of my computer it does it regularey and certain things set it off) :mrpantha:
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd May 2005 at 7:55 PM
Cool nice one
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd May 2005 at 3:06 AM
worked for me. liked the beaming effect.thanx
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th May 2005 at 7:33 AM
Very nice i've wanted this for a long time i'll have to try it out later. I have one request though could you please make a version where you have to have meditated and gotten the teleport ability in meditating for normal teleporting to be available to the sim? Would be nice that way gotta earn it then and you can have it on only sims you want.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th May 2005 at 7:12 AM
Sorry, I like the easy way. But in consolation, I did your other request. Pls see above.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th May 2005 at 12:27 AM
Is it possible to instead of teleport to the specific tile, you could make your sims "walk" to that specifict tile? This would make the rugs a lot more functionable...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th May 2005 at 1:17 AM
Hi, I'm sure you're talking about teleporter rug. Yes it is possible we should edit the original base objects individually and place "Go Here" function without cloning it, I think there are four (1x1, 1x2, 2x3, 3x4), and not changing GUID. But not in my teleporter rug because we designed it the way it was.
#17 Old 15th May 2005 at 7:19 AM
[B][U]This sounds great i'm downloading it now and will let u know how i like it after i use it.
#18 Old 15th May 2005 at 10:49 AM
can u make it so u can teleport to community lot? plz
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 7:20 AM
You mean from Residential to Community? I'm sorry nope, I dont know if it's possible for there is a user intervention in neighborhood screen (choosing a community lot).
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 3:09 AM
very handy. i use it when simply walking from point a to point b takes a half hour gets my sim in trouble for missing work. this slaves that game glitch. no problems, don't have uni, but have a heavily modded game and have no probs. thankyou for sharing!
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 8:17 AM
Where do I save the "MQ_Teleport.package" file from the "MQ_Teleport_v2.zip" to? Would I just save it to the downloads folder, and it'll work in my game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:59 AM
Hi, Lacubanita75, yes place MQ_Teleport.package in your downloads folder.
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 7:07 PM Last edited by Heidi R : 12th Jun 2005 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Spelling errors..lol
:howdy: Just to let you know that I downloaded the teleporter rug it works for me.....
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 8:44 AM
(",) Thanks for the download! It worked perfectly!!! (",)
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:08 AM
Sweet! this will be nice in my house that takes a whole sim hour to walk from the front door to the sidewalk :sprint:

Thanks!

Signatures must be five lines or less. Please read the forum rules.
Page 1 of 4