Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Double and Single Tubular Bed Frames

by Samekh Posted 10th May 2005 at 6:46 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2008 at 3:01 PM by whitesiren

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 10th May 2005 at 6:49 PM
Oh god these are so gorgeous! *downloads with the zeal of a true Sims junkie* *kisses, hugs, adores Samekh!*

mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! I am first! mine, all mine!
Instructor
#3 Old 10th May 2005 at 7:10 PM
REAL looking hospital bed finally! With the side crank and all! Love them!
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th May 2005 at 7:19 PM
:howdy:

hi , very awesome beds,

thank you for your creation,
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th May 2005 at 7:20 PM
really nice style - thanx for the beds
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2005 at 7:45 PM
I'm trying to see the 'side crank' :D. I think you're talking about the supports for the mattress. I've not spent that much time in hospital and I'm not sure what a side crank looks like! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th May 2005 at 8:20 PM
Very nice :thumb:
Thank you for sharing :D
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th May 2005 at 10:03 PM
hi
they are lovely beds i like the bar beds i sleep in one myself good for tieing up (lol)
but i can tell your beds are nothing like the ones on mts2 already they are great to and i use them loads to make my prisons and the bunks are the best and reservable beds so sims can go sleeping in the kids beds
so if anyone hasnt seen them and would like the beds you can get them
here
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45191
here http://www.simlogical.com/

thanks for the hard work you put into the work of these beds
Mesh Maestro
#9 Old 10th May 2005 at 11:21 PM
Samekh: Very nice work... They do look a tad like a hospital bed if the imagination wonders a bit... Good usage of cylinders(tubes) with a great poly count to match...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th May 2005 at 12:17 AM
Cool...thank you! :clap:
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th May 2005 at 2:23 AM
Exactly what I've been missing...Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:32 AM
Yay! I'm so happy. I had beds a bit like this before downloaded from this site but got rid of them because of high poly count. Yours look great and are nice and low in polys. Thanks! Will let you know if I have any problems.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:07 AM
Love the tube stuff. I think it looks great in the game. Thank you.
Instructor
#14 Old 12th May 2005 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Samekh
I'm trying to see the 'side crank' :D. I think you're talking about the supports for the mattress. I've not spent that much time in hospital and I'm not sure what a side crank looks like! :D

Hi Samekh,

Underneath the mattress near the top - would be and looks identical to the side crank used in hospitals to raise and lower the head of the bed (or at least when I worked in hospitals! - there was one at the foot of the bed on the footboard too for the bottom half of the bed to bed it where the patients knees would bend or to raise the foot of the bed - for when the legs needed to be elevated).

But this is good great for a hospital bed as is!

netseeker2
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:52 PM
Wow! I'm really like it! Thanks! xx Anne
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th May 2005 at 5:37 PM
Cool!!!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:55 PM
I love the simple things, and here you go again creating them. Thanks for sharing...is recoloring ok? Just thought I'd ask since you didn't mention it. Thanks
karrsareus
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th May 2005 at 10:25 PM
Yes (sorry I should have mentioned) they're recolourable. One thing I'll point out, if you want to make your own recolours and have matching double and single recolours you need to make a colour package for both the double and the single. They both use the same sized texture image and are mapped the same so it's not too tricky. Just make your texture image, save it and use the same one for both recolours.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th May 2005 at 10:32 PM
Thank you so much, by the way, I uploaded several of your wonderful highchairs today to my site. Thanks so much for your help!
karrsareus
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mum-kayzsims2/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th May 2005 at 1:39 PM
I was sure I answered this last night.. Yes, recolouring is fine and it's, hopefully, quite easy to see how the textures are applied.
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th May 2005 at 12:00 AM
I've been looking for something like this. Thanks a bunch
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th May 2005 at 3:49 AM
When my sister and I were little, we slept in a bed just like this! (The twin size) We had to share, and she was a kicker! Thanks for bringing back memories!
Scholar
#23 Old 16th May 2005 at 1:24 PM
Absolutely fntastic! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:16 AM
:jig: Totally awesome beds! Thanks for sharing them.
#25 Old 21st May 2005 at 5:52 PM
This is very very cool. Good work. Thank you very much
Page 1 of 2