Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: A Hunter's Gun Cabinet

by momma"b" Posted 11th May 2005 at 6:07 AM

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th May 2005 at 6:26 AM
not a hunter... but coooooool! great work
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th May 2005 at 6:28 AM
sweet, finaly something my old military sim can have in his living room
Scholar
#4 Old 11th May 2005 at 6:46 AM
My brother actually has one that is a lot like this one. Thank you so much for sharing this. Great work!

teresa
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:33 AM
Very nice. Thank you lordgaret2000.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th May 2005 at 10:36 AM
awesome work
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th May 2005 at 11:03 AM
nice work! do you think you could do a pick-up truck w/gun racks on it?
#8 Old 11th May 2005 at 2:20 PM
virus alert
there is a problem with this it contains a virus. Thankful I was protected and it deleated the virus. Don't download this!
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th May 2005 at 3:26 PM Last edited by BigBoss2005 : 11th May 2005 at 5:42 PM.
^liar it works fine
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2005 at 3:43 PM
Default gun cabinet
Hi
I have checked the files out for a virus with Nortons and it came up clean. If you downloaded it Girliesim and it said there was a virus, it had to be from your machine. Like I said, I checked it with Nortons and it came up clean.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th May 2005 at 5:26 PM
Ok I just recently, installed a high powered anti virus, so I dl'd and scanned it, its clean, so enjoy all
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th May 2005 at 5:42 PM
can you make a cabinet with an M16, M60 and PSG1 Sniper Rifle please and if you can can you make a wall hanging with a sniper rifle on hoks please. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th May 2005 at 6:13 PM
lordgaret2000 Great work, It looks awesome. We need more items like this for our Military/Hunters Sims, Keep up the effort. As for you cutie_girliesim could it be you're just against guns and trying to stop people from downloading this? Seems a little odd that in all of the posted items I've downloaded this is the only one to be infected with a "virus". It just seems a little fishy to me. If you're against guns fine you don't have to download, but don't start a "virus" scare to make your point. If that's Not what you are doing I appologize, But if it is grow up!

Get your fithy paws off of me you damn dirty ape!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th May 2005 at 6:50 PM
this is really nice. you have talent and it shows.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th May 2005 at 7:26 PM
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:27 PM
Looks great. My hubbie loves it too.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th May 2005 at 1:08 AM
Wow, great, great . It looks fantastic. Thank you very much.

Birgit
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:42 AM
For the military minded sim; How about a wall map of thier greatest campaign? Or a medals display? I know of very few military that would have live weapons on display in thier homes.

As for the gun case: Beautiful! Would love a wall mounted gun display of a revolutionary war era flint lock rifle.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:23 AM
Thanks for sharing, this is great!

When the man knocked on the door and said "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" I just naturally assumed he was making a delivery!
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th May 2005 at 6:51 AM
My system scans all downloads first to see if they are clean. This one is fine. No problems ans no virus attached. Looks great in game. Good work.
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th May 2005 at 9:20 AM
This looks great. Definately will use this for my southern family.

It's an awesome mesh, have you concidered making a china cabinet or something similar? It's a very similar design. Just a small suggestion, because I've been searching for a hutch/china cabinet for over a month.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th May 2005 at 3:16 PM
I downloaded this file and all I got was a stupid notepad file. Where is the object?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th May 2005 at 5:56 PM
Very nice. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th May 2005 at 10:36 PM
just downloaded your deer antlers these are great too
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th May 2005 at 7:33 AM
Default Updated: Gun Cabinet Mesh
I just wanted to let everyone know I updated the gun cabinet after I was searching the site and came up with a forum about polygons and vertices. I redid some of it and changed the handles abit, and also changed the color of the guns alittle. The older version had 5178 polygons and 2699 vertices, so I worked on it and lowered them alittle. The polygons for the new version is 3942 and the vertices are 2079. That means I lowered the polygons by about 1236 and the vertices by about 620. I know its not much taken off but to go down any lower, I would have to delete some or all of the guns and in MilkShape there is not that much that you can use to make the mesh with, without getting alot of polys or vertices. I have taken a new photo of the colors that I have put with this one. you can not use both of the gun cabinets in the game being they use the same GUID. If you don't mind the high polygons and vertices and like the first ones colors, then you can use that, but if you want lower polygons and vertices then you have to use the new one. If you want a different color, I am willing to make them for you, but I can get the gun cabinet to recolor so you can only use just one at at time. If you have any problems please let me know.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  updated_guncabinet.rar (110.9 KB, 181 downloads)
Page 1 of 3