Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2005 at 5:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game freezes exactly at 18:00 (6 PM)
I've got The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 University v.PL installed. When I'm playing on certain residential lots, the game freezes exactly at 18:00. The sound is still playing, mouse is still responsing, but the game freezes and nothing can be done. There is a one way to close The Sims 2: I have to press "Windows" button and then Start menu and Taskbar appears. Then it's possible to right-click TS2 tab on taskbar and click Exit/Close. It seems for me that this error is somehow connected with specific families. I had already deleted 3 families with this error but today I discovered this error in another family. What's wrong? I'm afraid that my description is incomplete... The game doesn't return any information, log (there isn't even "Sims2Exception##.txt log in My Documents!)", etc. Have someone experienced an error like this too? Please, help? :confused:
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th May 2005 at 10:40 PM
It is the first time I heard a problem like this ...

All I can think of is that it may have something to do w/ aging.

18:00 is the time when sims age, right?
(if my memory serves me correctly.)
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th May 2005 at 6:23 PM
Are you using any type of mods? One thing I have noticed is that there are times when I use InSiminators Temporal mod, I sometimes forget to delete it when I am done. I then began getting game lockups just as you described at the same time every day. I couldn't figure it out until I happned to notice the temporal mod sitting on the floor. I deleted it and the game immediately resumed as normal.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th May 2005 at 8:37 PM
If it's system time 18:00 rather than game time, it sounds like a virus or worm. If it's game time, I'd agree it has to do with the aging process. Probably a mod or a seriously bugged sim. If you're not sure of hacks, try the Sims2Pack utility that is hosted here which will display any hacks that are installed with your knowledge or not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2005 at 12:04 PM
Sorry, I forgot to write that I meant the sim time, of course.
Where can I find more information about InSiminators mod? I tried to google it, but I didn't find anything interesting. I didn't install it, but maybe it was installed with my knowledge, as TheBlindBat stated. I also thought that the problem might be caused by "testingcheatsenabled" cheat.
Ok, lets say that it's connected with aging. What then? This lot doesn't have sims that have to grow up at this moment... I'll try to examine my downloads folder with Clean Installer again and we will see. Thanks for help!
Scholar
#6 Old 29th May 2005 at 5:22 AM
http://www.insimenator.net/ Here is the insiminator site.

Teresa