Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Objects Placed On Foundation Walls

by higgins534 Posted 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:43 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:43 AM by Christy1077

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 12:10 PM
This would be swell to have, but does it conflict with other mods that change the walls file?
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 3:20 PM
could jou post a pic please ?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thamaster
could jou post a pic please ?

There is no pic, this is not an object. This file replaces one of the game configuration files... editing a line to allow objects to be placed on certain walls.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 9:23 PM
Can I put windows also with this hack?
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 9:46 PM
Can you maybe edit the invis wall file to included this.Then make sure you post on that thread that you did so. I use that all the time and would love to use this but I know that you can only have one walls.txt in game :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 11:11 PM
Sorry about posting so late but i am in Australia and it was sleep time when i posted this... MicBri is right i didn't find it necessary to have a pic....It would have just been of a wall with an objects on it... I am not sure about windows but will investigate...I will try and edit the invisible wall file to do this as well but i will have to ask permission first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 11:15 PM
Can you post the link to the invisible wall thread...as there are the windows and doors one and a wall one with a newer txt. I was just wondering which specific one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 6:52 AM Last edited by higgins534 : 3rd Jun 2005 at 6:55 AM.
For those of you that have already got an updated Walls.txt file then all you need to do to change the script to allow objects on foundation walls. To do this change the 'true' statement (in bold) below to false. This section of the script is about 2/3 of the way down.

# foundation walls
wall 23
defaultPattern "foundationbrick"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway false
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop true
submersible true
deleteTool levelRoom
notInCatalog
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 6:00 PM
Dumb, but related question:

Has anyone tried making "May cut Away" true on foundation walls?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 10:02 AM
I tried "May Cut Away" true on foundation walls and nothing happens. That I can see...
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 3:24 PM Last edited by Gaiasdaughter : 29th Jun 2005 at 12:29 PM.
Thanks for this, I have a friend who will jump at using it
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 10:22 PM Last edited by luckywelshpup : 17th Jun 2005 at 8:19 PM.
I haven't downloaded this so I don't know but it would be great if you could place the swimming pool on top of the foundation. This hack probably doesn't cover that though as I think it has somtehing to do with the terrain. Just a suggestion
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 12:31 PM Last edited by Gaiasdaughter : 29th Jun 2005 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo
Could I just ask if changing the default from false to true in the fences file would allow me to paper (use a brick effect) the walls in with the fences?

mayChangeSurface [true|false] (default: false)
# whether or not the user is allowed to change the surface treatment after creation.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 12:21 PM
All this will come in very handy for me. I have a house with a kinda underground grotto and been in need of a hack to let me hang things on the wall. GJ.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 1:07 PM
This is listing as suitable for 'All' in the compatibility list, but is it really Bart ... is it really? Whew, sorry 'bout that. I wish Sky One wouldn't show The Simpson so often.

The point is, does it actually work with Nightlife? Does NL overwrite anything?
Duck Defender
#17 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 2:39 PM
Awesome, thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 1:00 PM
I don't know how is it in your games but I am having a little problem: When I unpacked the walls.txt file I still couldn't put any door or window in the foundation walls. Even when I changed the "foundation walls" from "true" to "false" it either wasn't possible. The only difeerents is that now I have three kind of normal walls in the build mode... How can I fix that?

PS. I have all two Expansion Packs (original) and I placed the walls.txt file in all three directions
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 3:38 PM
Really useful mod for me. I want a basement (use foundation walls) in almost every house I build.

This will save me some steps.

Thanks a lot for your work!

Klaatu barada nikto!!!!

Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 9:01 PM
Thank you