Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Singing Sword *updated*

by Lethe_s Posted 4th Jun 2005 at 9:03 PM - Updated 26th Dec 2008 at 4:19 PM by -Maylin-

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 9:08 PM
o_0 that look interesting, I will test it and will let you know :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 9:20 PM
Why is it in electronics?
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 9:27 PM
because it's a stereo
sorry, forgot to mention that
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 9:40 PM
Oh, it's an electronic sword (Stereo)!
anyway, great work ! it's cool
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:01 PM
oooo that rocks!
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:14 PM
A singing Sword? ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Great Idea! Very Creative! You should do a Sword in the Stone for people to have their yards I wouldn't mind testing this..... look everyone, the sword sings ^.^
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:23 PM
This looks like a great idea. Thanks for all your hard work.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:31 PM
Hello Lethe! This is really stunning! Thanks a lot for sharing - I love it! Keep on with your good work!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:36 PM
That is just awsome! I love swords, and you did a really good job on this object. It looks great, thank you SO much
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:48 PM
LOL!!! A singing sword who would have thought...I love how your mind is working but definitely a great add on in anyliving room
thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:53 AM
Cool but funny! I have to check this out, great job...:thumb:

I have to say one thing. In the sims world anything is possible....
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 5:06 AM
very original! i love it! i saw one once in a bugs bunny cartoon. always wanted one as a kid, haha, now i have one! thankya mate!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 6:17 AM
IT`s so cool X3
Thank you ^^
Scholar
#15 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 10:33 AM
Is that ever cool, thank you for sharing it.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 11:48 AM
Now *this* is cool. All my medieval simmies were listening to Coco the singing bird, but this is far better for my knights.

Now all I have to worry about is a way to replace tvs and the phone with something more appropriate. If anyone has seen any medieval appropriate items for these, please let me know. I'm desperate.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#17 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 2:43 PM
Wow =) This is so going in my current lot - its great thank you!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 4:45 PM
Your idea is fantastic! I downloaded it without a second thought! but after I extracted it into the downloads folder, I didn't see the singing sword anywhere? It wasn't under the expensive stereo or the cheapest stereo. It wasn't in any of the other buyable categories either... where is it supposed to turn up? or did I put it in the wrong folder again.. *gulp*?? or is it only for EP?
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 7:47 AM
hmmm, that's strange
it should show up in the Electronics/Music category,
or, if you sort by room, in Livingroom and Study
it has its own thumbnail though, it's not 'under' anything else
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work without the EP, since it's cloned from the Funkadelic Frequency stereo.
are you sure they are in the downloads folder as .packages, and did you enable the 'show custom content' button?

does anyone else have this problem? in that case I probably messed up the package
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 9:28 AM
yes I checked the electronics/music category
and also desperately checked under every room category (i wanted that singing sword.. *BAD*)... yes I also checked the downloads folder and reinstalled them again (redownloaded) and I can see all other custom content which I downloaded.

ooh... *sob*... I want that singing sword.. boo hoo hoo...
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 10:44 AM
hmmm, the only other thing I can think of is installing the latest CEP, if you haven't tried that already
I rechecked the package and the rar.file and can't find anything wrong with them.
they work fine in my game....
maybe I'm going to have to put this down to the EP-thing, but I doubt it.
have you downloaded any other meshes (completely new objects)? and do they work?
for instance, if boblishman's kettle or something works for you and this thing doesn't, I will definitely know it's my fault
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 5:18 PM
It also doesn't work in my game, could it be possible that it only works if you have University installed?
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 1:21 PM
I have the CEP! all new object meshes and recolours work fine for me... ... so... I'm not sure what the problem is either.. I rechecked all buyable categories everytime I have the game on (in the hope by some odd chance the singing sword might turn up)... but to no avail.. .. guess it's not meant to be.. sigh...

P.S. Yavanna... is that a pet ham ham? siberian winterwhite? CUTE! :P
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 11:51 AM Last edited by vemkeit : 8th Jun 2005 at 11:57 AM.
I downloaded it too it works fine and I have univ, so if it's not working for you then try the new CEP just like everyone is saying and if it don't work then its something else maybe it only works with unvi, the only thing you can do is just give a shot again!. good luck!

Quote: Originally posted by Yavanna
It also doesn't work in my game, could it be possible that it only works if you have University installed?
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 3:15 PM
I can see the sword!! YEAH!! Thank you so much Lethes! thank you thank you thank you! I had made a little scenic medieval place for two gravestones of two of my beloved sims and have placed the singing sword there with some of my custom ambient music so that whenever any sims visit the gravesite, they will be enveloped in sombre mysterious music from an equally mysterious singing sword!
Page 1 of 2