Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Starfleet Console High *MAJOR UPDATE*

by xanathon Posted 6th Jun 2005 at 9:43 PM - Updated 9th Jun 2005 at 9:21 PM by xanathon

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 10:02 PM
Wow what every nerd needs
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 10:02 PM
awesome thanks man
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 10:14 PM
WHOOHOO! I love this! Keep it up!
Amy
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 4:23 AM
Default startrek consoles
All i can say is WOW!! i love it! being a big trekkie i can now make a sims startrek story all thanks to you. Please keep up the good work please!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 6:55 AM
Default Awesome!!!!
i love all your star trek objects!! this is just amaizing, i have been looking for this since i got the game!! i would like you make, the doors, the walls(like voyager), replicators and as an advise on the console it would be cool if you make a console like the helm of voyager(the one paris work on), also it would be could if you make compuers that hang on the wall like on a starship also stations like harry's or tuvok's!! and panels that integrate on the wall like on the intrepid bridge!! ohh and the borg objects are just awesome!! i hope someone modified de alcove so the sim regenerate on it!!!. Again congratulation, i want you to know that you are making a lot of star trek fans very very happy!! specialy if you are making voyager stuff!! i would also like the voyager uniforms! if anyone can make them! it would be appreciated! ahh and take care with the commbagbge because it matters!! if the commbabge sucks the uniform sucks!!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 12:08 PM Last edited by xanathon : 7th Jun 2005 at 12:10 PM.
I am working on more Star Trek related objects but my time is limited and I cannot devote all of it to objectmaking... :D

I guess we could make a replicator out of a fridge for example, but I fear I have to get a grasp of SimAntics for some of the objects I want to do and I still have to grapple that. I am able to code in JAVA, JavaScript, PHP, Basic, but BHAVs are still a mystery to me. So I have to do research instead of shoving vertices around... :D

But first, this little console will get a bit more attentiveness... :kami:
Firestarter
#8 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 12:55 PM
Just a small suggestion here. What if you redid this off the piano, so you have a keyboard kind of thing? Maybe the sound effects could be switched for it. I haven't had much luck on the sounds with hacking, but the one who did the lightsaber here seems to have been able to add something.

It looks beautiful, as do all your objects :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 1:27 PM
Thanks for your praise, Carrigon! *bows* :howdy:

Yes, I thought about the piano for a console the sims sit in front of, maybe a pilots console or the kind.
On the other hand, I've read in one of echos posts, that it is possible to trigger sim-animations via BHAV with relative ease, so I will try to manage something there.
I have read your great tutorials on TTABs and BHAVs of course and am basically able to change menus and alter BHAV-scripts, but doing something from scratch here still is still way beyond my knowledge.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 12:36 AM
xanathon! My SIMs want to have your baby! hehe
Thank you for another fantastic piece.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 2:53 AM
Cool!!! Now I only need two more things to complete my starship/house. A helm console (preferrably one like on the Defiant or the Voyager) and a Captain's Chair.
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 4:33 AM
This is fantastic! Thanks so much, pammats
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaptainRC
Cool!!! Now I only need two more things to complete my starship/house. A helm console (preferrably one like on the Defiant or the Voyager) and a Captain's Chair.

Since this was asked lots of times and I wanted to do that anyway, I will make modeling a captains chair a priority after finishing this console.

happy simming,
Xanathon

.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 8:43 PM
Well i think you should make the helm console firts!! it is cooler!! (Voyager's of course), and the doors!! i build a lab with your incredible warp core!! and some other of ytou creation and it's lloking good but it needs that the door!! and the walls!! y have some borg wall right now! ahh and this white console s just awesome it would be cool to apply the piano idea so they can do something with the console, but that can come later!!! i recomend you finish the console and make the voyager's and the doors!!! if you have time of course!!! whenever you finish no matter how long i will be here waiting. good luck
Scholar
#15 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 10:07 PM
Xana, you're great. Just take your Time. Everyone have patient.. If not.. THEY NEED TO GET SOME!! Anyways, Great Job, and keep your work going.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 10:11 PM
Reworked this, made it recolorable and added recolors. Have a look at the first post for details.

May the Warp be with you! :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 2:55 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 4:48 AM
excellent job again!!! the consoles are just awesome!!!! and the chair amaizing!!!! the walls!! thanks you!!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 4:49 AM
Default awesome
excellent job again!!! the consoles are just awesome!!!! and the chair amaizing!!!! the walls!! thanks you!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 7:20 PM
Major update: I was able to find out how to change a MATD via a BHAV and so I added a reconfigurable console. Details in the first post!

happy simming,
Xanathon

Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 8:48 PM
I can't find them back in my game anywhere ????? What did I do Wrong ????
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 9:20 PM
Look under: electronics - all
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 10:20 PM
Thnx i had not looked there i will right away
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 10:41 PM
Default Found them
Yes, there really there i must have overlooked them. The are absolutly super.
I will put them in my story asap

Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 10:57 PM
I have aquestion on the starfleet chair!!! , i installed the chair on the dowmload folder, but it doesn't appear on the game! where is thechair supposed to go? i checked the chairs section but it wasn't there i also checked all the other categories. i don't know what's wrong. i have all your objects and all work but this one is not i wonder if you can help me! by the way everything is awesome!! but something is missing, a viewscreen
Page 1 of 2