Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 12:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Can anyone tell me how to package sims from the game, not from the CAS or body shop?
Please help me i want to package my sims from the game but i dont know how.
i get that beautiful sims from a lovely couple. And i want to share it with my friend.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 12:31 PM
you can package sims from the game using SimPE to find the Sim's number, then going to the neighborhood folder and extracting that Sim. You'll know which one by the Sim Number Or take the whole lot.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 12:41 PM
I don't have bodyshop installed, but when I want to package Sims, I put them into a house, or on an empty lot (better). If they are already in a house, click on the icon that says 'Package Lot'. Make a note of the address that they are on. Then, go into My Documents/Maxis/The Sims 2/Packaged Lots. In that folder is the file where your family will be, you can either send it by e mail to someone, or put it on a floppy or a CD to give them.

If there is another way of doing this without bodyshop, I haven't seen it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 12:44 PM
Get SimPE

Open It

Go to Plugins (top menu)

Click Neighborhood Browser

Choose your neighborhood

Then go back up to Plugins

Choose Sim Surgery

Find your sim and over on the right side choose use under the top square box.

Once you do that the word Export above that same box where you sim picture should now be will be blue.

Click Export

And your done!! EASY!! Your sim will now be in your Saved Sims folder and show up in BS and CAS. :D

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 4:20 PM
Is there any reason why I cannot use sim surgery? I keep getting this error everytime I try to use it:

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. SimPE Version:

Exception Stack:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
--Bush, Washington, D.C.; December 18, 2002

"I never really hated a one true god
But the God of the people I hated" --M. Manson
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 9:31 AM
ahh, got the same prob... wanna package my selfsim and i get those same errors using sim surgery....
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 2:48 PM
I tried reinstalling SimPE and still get that message.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:02 PM
Uninstall SimPE again, then in Windows go Start --> Run, open RegEdit, then click Edit --> Find, type "SimPe", and delete that folder it will find you Now install SimPE again, and voila - sim surgery works
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 4:02 AM
Thanks it's working now :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:21 PM Last edited by chobitpersocom : 17th Jun 2005 at 7:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by broo
Uninstall SimPE again, then in Windows go Start --> Run, open RegEdit, then click Edit --> Find, type "SimPe", and delete that folder it will find you Now install SimPE again, and voila - sim surgery works

Did it like you said and it still won't work

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
--Bush, Washington, D.C.; December 18, 2002

"I never really hated a one true god
But the God of the people I hated" --M. Manson