Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mesh Ep Ready: The American Flag for the home

by DBCAB Posted 24th Jun 2005 at 6:26 AM

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:41 AM
Great job and great idea. I will definitely put one of these on the front of my house. Thank you.
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 7:17 AM
tyvm, pretty good
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 8:44 AM
can u make an aussie one
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 12:28 PM
you DO realize that the excat same flag has been done...TWICE?
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 1:41 PM
Its not the same flag!!That one is hanging!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 2:15 PM
yes i know, let me direct you to the following links

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45564

and theres another one(it has the bloody US flag and 12 others including Canada and Japan and Australia)

im getting quite sick of seeing the US flag now on this site
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:58 PM
Omerta, If you don't like it, then don't download it or go Recolour a flag to your Country! Just don't complain about it. and DBCAB, great job!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:08 PM
_OMERTA_ it is not the same flag. Yes they are both the US flags but this one has a different angle on the way it hangs. This will make a big difference to some who need a choice of which to download. If you are so frustrated with "seeing the US flag" on this site then you should just not click on the links that are directed to flags. If you have complaints I would suggest you comment politely and atleast appreciate someone's hard work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 5:22 PM
Hi I have gone to the link with the other flags , and have seen they are different from mine , they hang straight down and the pole is bigger, they are very good but still different from mine, what country is your flag from _OMERTA_, if you are that frustrated I will make one for you with your countrys flag, if that will make you happy. Oh, and as for the other posts thank you for the nice comments , and for defending my work I do appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 5:53 PM
I wasen't critisicing(I just KNOW i spelt that wrong)your work, just so many flags *twitch's* anyway the way it acts double as a light is cool
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:14 PM
Thank you! With the 4th of July right around the corner, this was needed!
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 8:28 AM
Yes, it is a "bloody" American flag. One of the reasons it is so bloody is that Americans have shed so many American lives trying to help others. If you don't like it, don't DL it. I am glad to be able to get it.
In my Sims Game I had one on EVERY lot, now that I have this one, it will also be on EVERY lot.
If you don't like it don't go to the DL area for it.
Scholar
#14 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:25 PM
fantastic - with July 4th just arouind the corner - thanks
Forum Resident
#15 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 11:54 PM
very nice thank you
#16 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 10:25 AM
Excellent, but any chance of a Union Jack or a St. Georges Cross(British and English flags)?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 5:57 PM
Looks great, thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 1:35 PM
Thank you I'll put it in my sim's houses
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 10:35 PM
in which catagory iz dis on...............lights,kitchen etc
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:32 AM
Great flag! I also like the DIFFERENT way this one hangs than some of the others I've seen.

Funny how SOME people complain about seeing three threads of flags, but don't say a word about 20 different threads for bedroom suites, kitchens, plants, etc.

Great work on the flag. It IS appreciated.
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nana62618
Yes, it is a "bloody" American flag. One of the reasons it is so bloody is that Americans have shed so many American lives trying to help others. If you don't like it, don't DL it. I am glad to be able to get it.
In my Sims Game I had one on EVERY lot, now that I have this one, it will also be on EVERY lot.
If you don't like it don't go to the DL area for it.

Go figure... the Canadian flag is red because the British North Americans (1776-1982) fought and protected what is now Canada; but what is more important (and for what the red truely symbolizes) is the massive loss of life in which so many had sacrifised during World War I and World War II.

I digress though, it would be nice if a Canadian flag hung vertically like the US one did (as well as the other flags too!) Good job BTW!

"It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have
ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to
than I have ever known." - Charles Dickens
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:08 PM
very cool.... btw er if it's not too rude to ask, any chance of an Indian Tri - Colour?
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 3:15 PM
Hold on a second.... is it possible to make a "Simlish" flag? And by that I mean, use your imagination and make something completely different? In short, these are Sims we're taking about; not Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Asians, or any other nationality that exists outside your computer... no, these guys are Sims... and I believe they deserve their own nationality!

:stick:

"It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have
ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to
than I have ever known." - Charles Dickens
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 2:45 PM
Thank you!
Lizzy220
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 4:29 AM
This is so cool.
Thank you so much for this.