Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Daily & Weekly Burglar

by dizzy2 Posted 26th Jun 2005 at 1:27 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2005 at 7:07 PM by dizzy2 : Adding pics

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 1:40 AM
HAHAHAHA this will do great with some of my stories, thank you
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 2:09 AM
None of my Sims have been visited by a burglar yet. I don't know why.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 3:33 AM Last edited by Stingeray8 : 4th Apr 2007 at 5:26 PM. Reason: Standards
You might be poor, get some good belongings and maybe he'll visit you. You poor person! :P

Also, awesome hack!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 3:44 AM
I`m downloading it!

<33
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 4:29 AM
Thats awesome. Just make sure that you have a burgler alarm or he might come when you're at work
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 8:12 AM
Cool hack...downloading. Mojo love the avatar only i disagree with buffy and willows future...xanders is right on point.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer100057
Cool hack...downloading. Mojo love the avatar only i disagree with buffy and willows future...xanders is right on point.

Thanks. I only disagree with Buffy's. I don't really like willow or xander

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 1:32 PM
Oh! How cool! Thanks! Just what my storylines needed......
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 2:32 PM
Original money generating idea :idea:
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 7:40 PM
cool,thanks,which file do you put it in?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joanne1977
cool,thanks,which file do you put it in?

Put it in your Downloads folder.

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 6:41 PM
Would it be possible to just have increased odds of a burglar showing up rather than showing up every day? Like, have it still be random, but just with higher odds. I don't want the burglar to come Every day, but just more often.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 7:57 PM
Yeah, I think weekly burglar might be a good one to try. I'll think about that.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
Would it be possible to just have increased odds of a burglar showing up rather than showing up every day? Like, have it still be random, but just with higher odds. I don't want the burglar to come Every day, but just more often.

Ste

Totally agree. I haven't seen him in my game yet and would really like to try it... but wouldn't like to be bothered with that all the time
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:40 PM
I've only seen one or two burglars since I installed University, although they apparently only come once every 20 days or so anyway and I probably haven't played any families that long since I installed the expansion.

I certainly wouldn't want a burglar every day, the majority of my Fortune Sims would be in permanent need of the psychiatrist!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 3:04 PM
I rarely get burglars, I think I have had him once or twice since purchasing the game way back when it was first released in the UK, so this will be greatly appreciated. The daily one would be too much for me so I am going to risk the burglar with the week one. Thank you. :-)
Forum Resident
#18 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 3:29 PM
this is really great, cos for some reason burglers wouldnt want to visit my sims houses anymore..

so Thanks!
#19 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:42 PM
I have played the Sims 2 since it came out and I have NEVER had a burgalar!
Thanks I am going for the daliy one!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 1:05 PM
ive reinstalled the game from zero..
then i've put in download the hack again but not bulgar

maybe it doesn't work with nightlife ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Max3D
ive reinstalled the game from zero..
then i've put in download the hack again but not bulgar

maybe it doesn't work with nightlife ?

Did you try the Daily Burglar? That should give you one burglar every day for certain.

It could very well be that this hack doesn't work with Nightlife. I didn't notice any changes in the Maxis code that could effect it, but then again I haven't really tested this one yet.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:44 PM
yes ... lol
the daily bulgar works alot
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 5:26 PM
I've downloaded weekly burglar and the burglar came but my sims don't get a burgalry memory. Is it becouse of other hacks or did you leave that out?

I have Sims 2, University, and Nightlife.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 5:43 AM
i really liked this hack and had the weekly installed, but i ran into a maxis problem. they cause trauma in the family even if the burgular is caught before stealing anything and they get the big reward, they run around for a week whining to me about the burgulary all the time with flames over the thought cloud. that is not your fault though, otherwise its a lovely hack and i truely appreciate it!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 11:06 PM
i remember there being a hack that made it so the burgular wouldn't come. I want to delete it but i forgot the name of it. Its so old. Anyone remember the link to it?
Page 1 of 2